Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent lighting

On Monday, 11 March 2019 18:51:05 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Yes whichever button I press the lift arrives.

Corse it does, but it will arrive quicker if you press the correct one..

In theory in an empty lift,

It has nothing to do with whether the lift is empty or not.

It did to me because I had to get the trolly in ASAP.
Had to get the demo stuff to the lecture room for the start of the lecture.
Only way to do that was to get in the lift before the students.
So fo rme it didnlt matter whether the lift was going up or down occuying the lift meant you decided where it went rather than the students.

problem is this IS NOT the case with students using them.

Its even better with more people using the lifts at the time
you press the button.

No oit isn't.

If say the lift is at floor 4 and you are
at floor 2 and you tell the lift you want to go up, the lift
wont stop at your floor if its heading down to a floor
below you,

I know, so that means I can't get in the lift if it's going down, and when it goes up it's still full of students going from Ground to UP, so no room in the lift. So the best option is to get the lift to stop whatever dorection it is going in at least yuo get in even if it;s going in the wrong direction, that direction changes pretty quickly far quicker than waiting.

it will still go to the floor below you and
then come up to your floor later which means you
will get to the floor you want to go to quicker.

But it will be full of students going up. Better and quicker to reserve yuor place in the lift while it's going down.
It's like getting on the bus before yuor normal stop, I had to do that today.
Central line was out, so in order to beat the other few hundred or so gettign off and queuing at the nearest bus stop, I walked 'back' 2 stops and got a seat.
When we reach the stop I would normally be at there was no room on the bus and 100 people wanting to get on.
That's why I was only an hour late rather than giving up or arriving even later.

and how does indicating you want to cross change anything ?

It tells the light system that you want to cross the ****ing
road and not just continue along the footpath, stupid.

and how does that change anyhting , you've no idea have you.
Tell me how many time syou have to push the button for it to register
that a person wants to cross the road.
Lets see you work that one out.

They are there for show or rather to tell the users to WAIT.

They have no effect on the traffic lights.

Thats wrong too.

Look it up.

Dont need to.

you do ****wit.

I know that particularly with intersections where

or cross roads raley take any notice of anyone pressing buttons they are on an automated systems. The only crossing likely to take notice of a person pushing the buttons are those where there's no crossroads or intersections and low traffic flow.

I know what they are meant to be for, they are to call the lift.

They are also to indicate to the lift whether you want to go up or down.