Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent lighting

On Wednesday, 13 March 2019 23:56:53 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 11 March 2019 18:51:05 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Yes whichever button I press the lift arrives.

Corse it does, but it will arrive quicker if you press the
correct
one.

In theory in an empty lift,

It has nothing to do with whether the lift is empty or not.

It did to me because I had to get the trolly in ASAP.
Had to get the demo stuff to the lecture room for the start of the
lecture.
Only way to do that was to get in the lift before the students.
So fo rme it didnlt matter whether the lift was going up or down
occuying
the lift meant you decided where it went rather than the students.

But you still achieved nothing by pressing the button that
pointed to where the lift actually was,

Yes I do because the door opens if the
lift is on the floor I;m currently on.

There is no button to press that indicates that the lift is at your
floor and if it was at your floor, the door would be open anyway.

When I came into today the lift was on the ground floor the door was
closed.

So everything in that cess pit of design is ****ed by design. Figures.

No that's how it should be.

And in most lifts the buttons on the inside are on the right hand side because the majority of people are right handed.

It's your head that's ****ed, and I doubt you can really blame a designer for that, it the user where the problem lies.

It didn't open until I pressed the call lift button, and it doesn't
matter which one I press UP or DOWN the lift doors still opened.

But it does make a difference when the lift isnt stopped, stupid.

So what differnce does it make, let see if you can workm it out from a users POV.

And since this mindless silly **** is the best you can manage,
here goes the chain on the rest of your even sillier ****.

Which direction does the chain go in ?