Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV in kitchen - regs?

Bert Coules wrote:
James Wilkinson wrote:

Then why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?

A non sequitur. "Kitchen" does not automatically equate to "humidity".

Bert, you're arguing with a tedious troll. Please don't. It adds nothing to
the group and you will never "win" an argument with a troll as arguing with
them is "losing".

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 19:03:05 +0100, Tim+ wrote:

Bert Coules wrote:
James Wilkinson wrote:

Then why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?

A non sequitur. "Kitchen" does not automatically equate to "humidity".

Bert, you're arguing with a tedious troll. Please don't. It adds nothing to
the group and you will never "win" an argument with a troll as arguing with
them is "losing".

Don't you have an answer for "why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?"?

--
Women do not snore, burp, sweat, or fart.
Therefore, they must "bitch" or they will blow up.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 10:48:10 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 02 Sep 2016 21:51:59 +0100, charles
wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
wrote:
On Fri, 02 Sep 2016 11:25:38 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 02/09/16 11:11, Tim Watts wrote:
On 02/09/16 09:30, Bert Coules wrote:
I've searched around for the answer to this but haven't found it
as
yet: is there any regulation concerning placing a small
wall-mounted
12V TV set in a kitchen?

I have a blank area above a draining board, partly protected from
splashes and steam by a 6" deep shelf which runs the length of
that
wall. It seems like the obvious place to mount a smallish TV, say
17" or so. There are specially-designed water- and steam-proof
sets
intended for bathrooms but would one of them be overkill for a
kitchen? Is there any reason why I shouldn't use a conventional
set?

Many thanks.

Might be OK as there is not really that much steam emitted from a
sink, other than when you drain boiling water into it. Try dumping
pan of water down the sink and see where the steam cloud goes.

I've had two kitchens with TVS so far. Mount high up LCDs beat CRTs
for
safety .

Nevermind safety, a TV won't last so long if it's damp all the time.
Put
it somewhere dry or get a damp proof one if it's not much more
expensive.

we've had a tv in our kitchen for years -but it isn't over the sink.

Do you ever have four pans boiling and the room full of steam?

Nope, never. The most I ever have is a massive great 36L stockpot that I
use to make the marmalade in boiling and that doesn't come even close
to filling the room with steam even if I haven't turned the exhaust fan
on.

I've often known families of 4 have all the hobs in use.

All furiously boiling what is in them ? Don't believe if.

Anyone with even half a clue uses the microwave for the veg now
and doesn't boil the veg to death on the stove top anymore.

And Bert clearly doesn't do that anyway, and that's what matters.

I guess if you have a decent extractor hood over the cooker and always
use it you'd be fine.

And he'll be fine even if he doesn't do that. I have a laptop
in the kitchen and it has never had any problems at all and
neither have any of the other electrical appliances either.

Then why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?

So they can tell you to **** off when you are actually
stupid enough to end up with lots of corrosion causing
it to fail. That isnt going to happen in Bert's kitchen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson wrote
Bert Coules wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

Well not all the time, but very damp
for some of the time. 100% humidity.

That rather depends, surely, on how you use your
kitchen. There's rarely any humidity at all in mine.

Some people use many pans when making something fancy

When making something awful, actually, like boiling the
cabbage and other veg to death for hours in separate pans.

And since Bert isnt that stupid, their stupidity is completely irrelevant.

and boiling stuff seperately.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bert Coules wrote
Dave Plowman wrote

Of course many will want and pay
for some sort of wireless solution.

On the whole I would always prefer a wired connection to a wireless
one. As with putting one's CDs and DVDs onto hard disk, bringing
in an extra layer of technology seems to me to be a good way of
increasing the chances of something going wrong.

Doing that last actually reduces the chances of something going
wrong because hard drives are in fact much more reliable than
the drive you put the CDs and DVDs into and there is no possibility
of scratching the CDs and DVDs once you have ripped them.

Yes, duplicating the hard drive so you lose nothing if it dies
does double the cost but they are now so cheap that that is
a very minor problem.

Personally I prefer the wireless approach just because
you don't have to fart around wiring the entire house.

I just have a device wherever I need to hear the audio
or watch the video, and those stream from my central
server over wifi. Works fine for both audio and for the
recordings done on the PVR which is now the same
machine as the central server. I never watch any TV
live anymore, its all recorded and I watch it when it
suits me and the separate devices wherever I want
to watch/hear stuff allows me to select what I want
to watch/hear and skip ads or backup and repeat
bits I missed etc.

With audio I mostly just use the smartphone now
because it can be setup to automatically download
the podcasts that I listen to and allows me to listen
anywhere in the house when doing something boring
like bottling the beer or digging the garden etc and
the same device works fine when out walking for
exercise too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson wrote
Bert Coules wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

Then why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?

A non sequitur. "Kitchen" does not automatically equate to "humidity".

Kitchen normally has steam.

Mine doesn't. Only every couple of years quite
literally when I am doing a batch of marmalade.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson wrote
Bert Coules wrote
James Wilkinson wrote:

Some people use many pans...

"Some people", exactly. Not all. And, these days,
I rather suspect, fewer and fewer. Personally, I rarely
cook anything from scratch, fancy or otherwise.

Yes I am lazy also, but a lot of people cook properly.

But **** all are actually stupid enough to boil everything
to death anymore.

Some stuff has to be boiled, marmalade doesn't set unless
you boil it for a while, but there isnt much like that anymore.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 21:06:53 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote
Bert Coules wrote
James Wilkinson wrote:

Some people use many pans...

"Some people", exactly. Not all. And, these days,
I rather suspect, fewer and fewer. Personally, I rarely
cook anything from scratch, fancy or otherwise.

Yes I am lazy also, but a lot of people cook properly.

But **** all are actually stupid enough to boil everything
to death anymore.

Some stuff has to be boiled, marmalade doesn't set unless
you boil it for a while, but there isnt much like that anymore.

Food has changed so it doesn't get boiled?!?

--
"Americans will always do the right thing when they have exhausted all other alternatives." -- Winston Churchill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson wrote
Bod wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Bert Coules wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

Then why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?

A non sequitur. "Kitchen" does not automatically equate to "humidity".

Kitchen normally has steam.

We've had a hi-fi unit in our kitchen for at least 12 years with no
problem....and we cook steamy things regularly. We just open the windows
slightly whilst cooking.

I wouldn't risk a laptop though.

I've done it for well over a decade now and it has never had a problem.

And it is only a few feet from the cooktop too in a U shaped kitchen
with the laptop almost across the U from the cooktop. Works fine.

But expensive and presumably more sensitive inside.

Hi-fis you can get for free on freecycle. That's where I got this 200W
RMS one.

You can get laptops cheap too.

I have the recipes on it and need to be able to use the
laptop when cooking with the more complicated stuff
and have a full database of whats in the freezer too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Bert Coules wrote
James Wilkinson wrote:

Some people use many pans...

"Some people", exactly. Not all. And, these days,
I rather suspect, fewer and fewer. Personally, I rarely
cook anything from scratch, fancy or otherwise.

Yes I am lazy also, but a lot of people cook properly.

But **** all are actually stupid enough
to boil everything to death anymore.

Some stuff has to be boiled, marmalade doesn't set unless
you boil it for a while, but there isnt much like that anymore.

Food has changed so it doesn't get boiled?!?

Yep. Most use frozen veg heated in the microwave now
instead of boiling fresh veg to death on the stove anymore.

Even with potatoes, anyone with even half a clue cooks them
in the microwave under a cover instead of boiling them to
death on the stove anymore.

Ditto with stuff like cabbage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
James Wilkinson wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Bert Coules wrote
James Wilkinson wrote:

Some people use many pans...

"Some people", exactly. Not all. And, these days,
I rather suspect, fewer and fewer. Personally, I rarely
cook anything from scratch, fancy or otherwise.

Yes I am lazy also, but a lot of people cook properly.

But **** all are actually stupid enough to boil everything to death
anymore.

Some stuff has to be boiled, marmalade doesn't set unless
you boil it for a while, but there isnt much like that anymore.

Food has changed so it doesn't get boiled?!?

Yep. Most use frozen veg heated in the microwave now instead of boiling
fresh veg to death on the stove anymore.
Even with potatoes, anyone with even half a clue cooks them
in the microwave under a cover instead of boiling them to death on the
stove anymore.
Ditto with stuff like cabbage.

Ditto with rice, works much better done in the
microwave than boiling it to death on the stove.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

...because hard drives are in fact much more reliable than
the drive you put the CDs and DVDs into...

While that might well be true, my feelings are somewhat coloured by the fact
that in all my years of owning and using them I have never had any CD or DVD
drive go wrong or damage a disk. On the other hand, I've lost count of the
number of hard drives I've had which have failed.

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2016 23:14, Bert Coules wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

...because hard drives are in fact much more reliable than
the drive you put the CDs and DVDs into...

While that might well be true, my feelings are somewhat coloured by the
fact that in all my years of owning and using them I have never had any
CD or DVD drive go wrong or damage a disk. On the other hand, I've lost
count of the number of hard drives I've had which have failed.

CDs and DVDs scratch, and writeable ones degrade. I would treat them as
really bad for archival.

The only way IMO is out to a third party, ie something cloudy. Let them
take care of replacing the hard disks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

...because hard drives are in fact much more reliable than
the drive you put the CDs and DVDs into...

While that might well be true, my feelings are somewhat coloured by the
fact that in all my years of owning and using them I have never had any
CD or DVD drive go wrong or damage a disk. On the other hand, I've lost
count of the number of hard drives I've had which have failed.

CDs and DVDs scratch, and writeable ones degrade. I would treat them as
really bad for archival.

The only way IMO is out to a third party, ie something cloudy. Let them
take care of replacing the hard disks.

Worst possible answer.

Three disks. One with the data, one in the same machine backup uop
nightly for when the first dies, and one somewhere else for when the
house catches fire.

All synchronised nightly.

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 21:33:59 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote
Bod wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Bert Coules wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

Then why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?

A non sequitur. "Kitchen" does not automatically equate to "humidity".

Kitchen normally has steam.

We've had a hi-fi unit in our kitchen for at least 12 years with no
problem....and we cook steamy things regularly. We just open the windows
slightly whilst cooking.

I wouldn't risk a laptop though.

I've done it for well over a decade now and it has never had a problem..

And it is only a few feet from the cooktop too in a U shaped kitchen
with the laptop almost across the U from the cooktop. Works fine.

I guess they're tougher than they make out.

But expensive and presumably more sensitive inside.

Hi-fis you can get for free on freecycle. That's where I got this 200W
RMS one.

You can get laptops cheap too.

Cheapest decent one I saw was abut £300. Much more than a stereo.

I have the recipes on it and need to be able to use the
laptop when cooking with the more complicated stuff
and have a full database of whats in the freezer too.

You make more effort in the kitchen than me.

--
Can you grow birds by planting birdseed?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

And since Bert isn't that stupid...

Why, thank you.

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote
Bod wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Bert Coules wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

Then why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?

A non sequitur. "Kitchen" does not automatically equate to
"humidity".

Kitchen normally has steam.

We've had a hi-fi unit in our kitchen for at least 12 years with no
problem....and we cook steamy things regularly. We just open the
windows
slightly whilst cooking.

I wouldn't risk a laptop though.

I've done it for well over a decade now and it has never had a problem.

And it is only a few feet from the cooktop too in a U shaped kitchen
with the laptop almost across the U from the cooktop. Works fine.

I guess they're tougher than they make out.

Yes, particularly on the humidity spec.

But expensive and presumably more sensitive inside.

Hi-fis you can get for free on freecycle. That's where I got this 200W
RMS one.

You can get laptops cheap too.

Cheapest decent one I saw was abut £300. Much more than a stereo.

I meant you can get them cheap facebook buy
sell swap groups, the equivalent of freecycle etc.

I have the recipes on it and need to be able to use the
laptop when cooking with the more complicated stuff
and have a full database of whats in the freezer too.

You make more effort in the kitchen than me.

Yeah, I do cook most meals from scratch, hardly ever eat
ready meals. I do have a few in the freezer for use when
things have gone pear shaped otherwise and I need
something very quick and easy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Not with any decent specs. If all you do is look at recipes then maybe.

I have the recipes on it and need to be able to use the
laptop when cooking with the more complicated stuff
and have a full database of whats in the freezer too.

You make more effort in the kitchen than me.

Yeah, I do cook most meals from scratch, hardly ever eat
ready meals. I do have a few in the freezer for use when
things have gone pear shaped otherwise and I need
something very quick and easy.

I have a problem making food from scratch, I eat the ingredients as I go and aren't hungry when it's finished.

--
"Oh god," sighed the wife one morning, "I'm convinced my mind is almost completely gone!"
Her husband looked up from the newspaper and commented,
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I meant you can get them cheap on facebook buy
sell swap groups, the equivalent of freecycle etc.

Not with any decent specs.

Wrong, just got one myself for $50.

I have the recipes on it and need to be able to use the
laptop when cooking with the more complicated stuff
and have a full database of whats in the freezer too.

You make more effort in the kitchen than me.

Yeah, I do cook most meals from scratch, hardly ever eat ready meals. I
do have a few in the freezer for use when things have gone pear shaped
otherwise and I need something very quick and easy.

I have a problem making food from scratch, I eat the ingredients as I go
and aren't hungry when it's finished.

I don't actually eat frozen peas/beans/corn or raw
potatoes or onions or raw meat very often at all
myself. Can't imagine why for the life of me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Just **** and die Hucker. You will not be missed.
Dark days Hucker, very dark days are coming your way.

Bert Coules wrote:
James Wilkinson wrote:

Then why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?

A non sequitur. "Kitchen" does not automatically equate to "humidity".

Bert, you're arguing with a tedious troll. Please don't. It adds nothing to
the group and you will never "win" an argument with a troll as arguing with
them is "losing".

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 21:33:59 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

[...]

So you keep saying.

Bert Coules wrote:
James Wilkinson wrote:

Then why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?

A non sequitur. "Kitchen" does not automatically equate to "humidity".

Bert, you're arguing with a tedious troll. Please don't. It adds nothing to
the group and you will never "win" an argument with a troll as arguing with
them is "losing".

Is your killfile broken? Is it too complicated for you to understand?

--
We used to mock the Americans' litigiousness, political correctness, health & safety obsessions and the like.
Now Britain is full of lazy lard buckets who'll sue for everything they can get if they even stub their toe on something.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Specs?

I have the recipes on it and need to be able to use the
laptop when cooking with the more complicated stuff
and have a full database of whats in the freezer too.

You make more effort in the kitchen than me.

Yeah, I do cook most meals from scratch, hardly ever eat ready meals.. I
do have a few in the freezer for use when things have gone pear shaped
otherwise and I need something very quick and easy.

I have a problem making food from scratch, I eat the ingredients as I go
and aren't hungry when it's finished.

I don't actually eat frozen peas/beans/corn or raw
potatoes or onions or raw meat very often at all
myself. Can't imagine why for the life of me.

They still make me hungry and I eat something else.

--
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 4 September 2016 19:15:12 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
I don't actually eat frozen peas/beans/corn or raw
potatoes or onions or raw meat very often at all
myself. Can't imagine why for the life of me.

I could happily munch my way through raw onion and tinned sweetcorn.

In fact it would be the nearest I get to a salad most years.

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Asus, Intel i5 cpu, 32GB, 1TB. I don't bother with games apart
from freecell pro so I don't give a damn about the video specs.
Its only gamers that need any better specs than that.

I have the recipes on it and need to be able to use the
laptop when cooking with the more complicated stuff
and have a full database of whats in the freezer too.

You make more effort in the kitchen than me.

Yeah, I do cook most meals from scratch, hardly ever eat ready meals. I
do have a few in the freezer for use when things have gone pear shaped
otherwise and I need something very quick and easy.

I have a problem making food from scratch, I eat the ingredients as I go
and aren't hungry when it's finished.

I don't actually eat frozen peas/beans/corn or raw
potatoes or onions or raw meat very often at all
myself. Can't imagine why for the life of me.

They still make me hungry and I eat something else.

Doesn't happen with me. I start on the first beer before
even starting the dinner prep, pause to put the meat and
peeled potato dipped in olive oil in the convection oven
etc, go back to drinking the first beer, 3 mins before the meat
and potato will be ready, put the frozen peas/beans/corn mix
into the microwave. Since its so close to eating the meal even
you should be able to constrain yourself from pigging out
while waiting the 3 mins for the frozen veg mix to cook.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sun, 04 Sep 2016 02:31:48 +0100, Rod Speed

****ing hell I can't believe that was only $50.

[...]

I have no will power.

--
The female gangbang world record is owned by a woman named Houston who had intercourse with 620 men in one day! A video was made of this historic event. As it took about 10 hours (with a few very brief breaks) to do it, the average time of intercourse was less than 58 seconds.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I don't actually eat frozen peas/beans/corn or raw
potatoes or onions or raw meat very often at all
myself. Can't imagine why for the life of me.

I could happily munch my way through raw onion

I bet even pete doesnt do that.

This clown did tho.
https://www.theguardian.com/australi...eats-raw-onion

and tinned sweetcorn.

Tinned sweet corn is grossly down market.

In fact it would be the nearest I get to a salad most years.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

That was in the local council sink estate, what we call vegemite valley.
They can get caught with a desperate need for some cash for the rent etc.

[...]

Still can't fly. Any ready meal takes longer than 3 mins to microwave,
so why don't you pig out on something else while its microwaving too ?

Certainly the extremely obese mate of mine who is now dead, killed
by his extreme obesity, was notorious for scoffing the whole of a
****ing loaf of bread fresh from the bread machine but even he
managed to wait the 3.5 hours while the machine made the loaf.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 4 September 2016 20:58:59 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
and tinned sweetcorn.

Tinned sweet corn is grossly down market.

Not round here it's not.

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

and tinned sweetcorn.

Tinned sweet corn is grossly down market.

Not round here it's not.

It is everywhere. Snap frozen corn kernels leave it for
dead and is much more convenient to use because
the packet goes back in the freezer when you have
got what you need, something you can't do with a can.

And has the advantage that some glutton with all the
self control of a dog that has been starved for a month
can't gorge the entire can just after it has been opened
before any can get into a saucepan on top of the stove.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sun, 04 Sep 2016 19:15:04 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

Why do you call it "sink"?

[...]

I often have a quick bite of cheese while I'm waiting.

Certainly the extremely obese mate of mine who is now dead, killed
by his extreme obesity, was notorious for scoffing the whole of a
****ing loaf of bread fresh from the bread machine but even he
managed to wait the 3.5 hours while the machine made the loaf.

Things have to taste nicer than bread for me to eat that much.

--
"If hooking up one rag-head terrorist's testicles to a car battery gets the truth out of the lying little camel
shagger to save just one Scottish soldiers life, then I have only three things to say: Red is positive, Black is

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I don't, it's a tradition phrase for the worst of your council estates.
We don't even call them council estates here, I used that term
because it would be more obvious to you what I was talking about.

If had used the normal term we use here for those area, housing
commission area, you wouldn't have known what I meant.

[...]

A bite of cheese isnt going to see you no longer hungry
when you are no longer waiting for 3 minute.

Certainly the extremely obese mate of mine who is now dead, killed
by his extreme obesity, was notorious for scoffing the whole of a
****ing loaf of bread fresh from the bread machine but even he
managed to wait the 3.5 hours while the machine made the loaf.

Things have to taste nicer than bread for me to eat that much.

And even you couldn't eat so much cheese in 3 minutes that you
wouldn't be still hungry at the end of that 3 minutes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 4 September 2016 22:35:16 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
Tinned sweet corn is grossly down market.

Not round here it's not.

It is everywhere.

Round here anything that doesn't come out of a munchy box is considered posh.

Snap frozen corn kernels leave it for
dead and is much more convenient to use because
the packet goes back in the freezer when you have
got what you need, something you can't do with a can.

Yes, but I usually have other things in the freezer.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sun, 04 Sep 2016 20:32:10 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Doesn't happen with me. I start on the first beer before
even starting the dinner prep, pause to put the meat and
peeled potato dipped in olive oil in the convection oven
etc, go back to drinking the first beer, 3 mins before the meat
and potato will be ready, put the frozen peas/beans/corn mix
into the microwave. Since its so close to eating the meal even
you should be able to constrain yourself from pigging out
while waiting the 3 mins for the frozen veg mix to cook.

I have no will power.

Still can't fly. Any ready meal takes longer than 3 mins to microwave,
so why don't you pig out on something else while its microwaving too ?

I often have a quick bite of cheese while I'm waiting.

A bite of cheese isnt going to see you no longer hungry
when you are no longer waiting for 3 minute.

Agreed. But for longer cooking, I've filled myself in that longer time.

--
Does a pedometer detect child molesters?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

More fool you when it is doing the cooking by itself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Tinned sweet corn is grossly down market.

Not round here it's not.

It is everywhere.

Round here anything that doesn't come
out of a munchy box is considered posh.

Figures.

Snap frozen corn kernels leave it for dead and is
much more convenient to use because the packet
goes back in the freezer when you have got what
you need, something you can't do with a can.

Yes, but I usually have other things in the freezer.

Then get a bigger freezer if there isnt room
for a packet of frozen corn kernels.