Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default TV in kitchen - regs?

James Wilkinson wrote
Bod wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Bert Coules wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

Then why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?

A non sequitur. "Kitchen" does not automatically equate to "humidity".

Kitchen normally has steam.

We've had a hi-fi unit in our kitchen for at least 12 years with no
problem....and we cook steamy things regularly. We just open the windows
slightly whilst cooking.

I wouldn't risk a laptop though.

I've done it for well over a decade now and it has never had a problem.

And it is only a few feet from the cooktop too in a U shaped kitchen
with the laptop almost across the U from the cooktop. Works fine.

But expensive and presumably more sensitive inside.

Hi-fis you can get for free on freecycle. That's where I got this 200W
RMS one.

You can get laptops cheap too.

I have the recipes on it and need to be able to use the
laptop when cooking with the more complicated stuff
and have a full database of whats in the freezer too.