Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default TV in kitchen - regs?

James Wilkinson wrote:
On Sun, 04 Sep 2016 02:31:48 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 21:33:59 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote
Bod wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Bert Coules wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

Then why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?

A non sequitur. "Kitchen" does not automatically equate to
"humidity".

Kitchen normally has steam.

We've had a hi-fi unit in our kitchen for at least 12 years with
no problem....and we cook steamy things regularly. We just open
the windows
slightly whilst cooking.

I wouldn't risk a laptop though.

I've done it for well over a decade now and it has never had a
problem. And it is only a few feet from the cooktop too in a U shaped
kitchen with the laptop almost across the U from the cooktop.
Works fine.

I guess they're tougher than they make out.

Yes, particularly on the humidity spec.

But expensive and presumably more sensitive inside.

Hi-fis you can get for free on freecycle. That's where I got
this 200W RMS one.

You can get laptops cheap too.

Cheapest decent one I saw was abut £300. Much more than a stereo.

I meant you can get them cheap facebook buy
sell swap groups, the equivalent of freecycle etc.

Not with any decent specs. If all you do is look at recipes then
maybe.
I have the recipes on it and need to be able to use the
laptop when cooking with the more complicated stuff
and have a full database of whats in the freezer too.

You make more effort in the kitchen than me.

Yeah, I do cook most meals from scratch, hardly ever eat
ready meals. I do have a few in the freezer for use when
things have gone pear shaped otherwise and I need
something very quick and easy.

I have a problem making food from scratch, I eat the ingredients as I
go and aren't hungry when it's finished.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Just **** and die Hucker. You will not be missed.
Dark days Hucker, very dark days are coming your way.

Bert Coules wrote:
James Wilkinson wrote:

Then why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?

A non sequitur. "Kitchen" does not automatically equate to "humidity".

Bert, you're arguing with a tedious troll. Please don't. It adds nothing to
the group and you will never "win" an argument with a troll as arguing with
them is "losing".

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file