Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default TV in kitchen - regs?

James Wilkinson wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Bert Coules wrote
James Wilkinson wrote:

Some people use many pans...

"Some people", exactly. Not all. And, these days,
I rather suspect, fewer and fewer. Personally, I rarely
cook anything from scratch, fancy or otherwise.

Yes I am lazy also, but a lot of people cook properly.

But **** all are actually stupid enough
to boil everything to death anymore.

Some stuff has to be boiled, marmalade doesn't set unless
you boil it for a while, but there isnt much like that anymore.

Food has changed so it doesn't get boiled?!?

Yep. Most use frozen veg heated in the microwave now
instead of boiling fresh veg to death on the stove anymore.

Even with potatoes, anyone with even half a clue cooks them
in the microwave under a cover instead of boiling them to
death on the stove anymore.

Ditto with stuff like cabbage.