Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default TV in kitchen - regs?

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 04 Sep 2016 02:31:48 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 21:33:59 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote
Bod wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Bert Coules wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

Then why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?

A non sequitur. "Kitchen" does not automatically equate to
"humidity".

Kitchen normally has steam.

We've had a hi-fi unit in our kitchen for at least 12 years with no
problem....and we cook steamy things regularly. We just open the
windows
slightly whilst cooking.

I wouldn't risk a laptop though.

I've done it for well over a decade now and it has never had a problem.

And it is only a few feet from the cooktop too in a U shaped kitchen
with the laptop almost across the U from the cooktop. Works fine.

I guess they're tougher than they make out.

Yes, particularly on the humidity spec.

But expensive and presumably more sensitive inside.

Hi-fis you can get for free on freecycle. That's where I got this
200W
RMS one.

You can get laptops cheap too.

Cheapest decent one I saw was abut £300. Much more than a stereo.

I meant you can get them cheap on facebook buy
sell swap groups, the equivalent of freecycle etc.

Not with any decent specs.

Wrong, just got one myself for $50.

I have the recipes on it and need to be able to use the
laptop when cooking with the more complicated stuff
and have a full database of whats in the freezer too.

You make more effort in the kitchen than me.

Yeah, I do cook most meals from scratch, hardly ever eat ready meals. I
do have a few in the freezer for use when things have gone pear shaped
otherwise and I need something very quick and easy.

I have a problem making food from scratch, I eat the ingredients as I go
and aren't hungry when it's finished.

I don't actually eat frozen peas/beans/corn or raw
potatoes or onions or raw meat very often at all
myself. Can't imagine why for the life of me.