Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default TV in kitchen - regs?

On Sun, 04 Sep 2016 20:32:10 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 04 Sep 2016 19:15:04 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sun, 04 Sep 2016 02:31:48 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 21:33:59 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote
Bod wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Bert Coules wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

Then why does electronics have warnings about high humidity?

A non sequitur. "Kitchen" does not automatically equate to
"humidity".

Kitchen normally has steam.

We've had a hi-fi unit in our kitchen for at least 12 years with no
problem....and we cook steamy things regularly. We just open the
windows
slightly whilst cooking.

I wouldn't risk a laptop though.

I've done it for well over a decade now and it has never had a
problem.

And it is only a few feet from the cooktop too in a U shaped kitchen
with the laptop almost across the U from the cooktop. Works fine..

I guess they're tougher than they make out.

Yes, particularly on the humidity spec.

But expensive and presumably more sensitive inside.

Hi-fis you can get for free on freecycle. That's where I got this
200W
RMS one.

You can get laptops cheap too.

Cheapest decent one I saw was abut £300. Much more than a stereo.

I meant you can get them cheap on facebook buy
sell swap groups, the equivalent of freecycle etc.

Not with any decent specs.

Wrong, just got one myself for $50.

Specs?

Asus, Intel i5 cpu, 32GB, 1TB. I don't bother with games apart
from freecell pro so I don't give a damn about the video specs.
Its only gamers that need any better specs than that.

****ing hell I can't believe that was only $50.

I have the recipes on it and need to be able to use the
laptop when cooking with the more complicated stuff
and have a full database of whats in the freezer too.

You make more effort in the kitchen than me.

Yeah, I do cook most meals from scratch, hardly ever eat ready meals. I
do have a few in the freezer for use when things have gone pear shaped
otherwise and I need something very quick and easy.

I have a problem making food from scratch, I eat the ingredients as I go
and aren't hungry when it's finished.

I don't actually eat frozen peas/beans/corn or raw
potatoes or onions or raw meat very often at all
myself. Can't imagine why for the life of me.

They still make me hungry and I eat something else.

Doesn't happen with me. I start on the first beer before
even starting the dinner prep, pause to put the meat and
peeled potato dipped in olive oil in the convection oven
etc, go back to drinking the first beer, 3 mins before the meat
and potato will be ready, put the frozen peas/beans/corn mix
into the microwave. Since its so close to eating the meal even
you should be able to constrain yourself from pigging out
while waiting the 3 mins for the frozen veg mix to cook.

I have no will power.

--
The female gangbang world record is owned by a woman named Houston who had intercourse with 620 men in one day! A video was made of this historic event. As it took about 10 hours (with a few very brief breaks) to do it, the average time of intercourse was less than 58 seconds.