Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wheelie bin style

On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 16:41:04 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 16:33:21 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 12:47:28 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 12:22:46 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 21 June 2016 20:29:45 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 19:54:16 +0100, ARW wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 07:49:23 +0100, NY wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:44:12 +0100, Tim+ wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote:
A neighbouring council has wheelie bins that look like this, but I've
never seen them anywhere else. What is the hood for?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpzkw50rday7lsz/bin.jpg?dl=0

It's to enable the bin to be picked up from the roadside completely
mechanically (if it's close enough to the road) without manual
intervention. The lorry just pulls up alongside and a mechanical arm
controlled from the cab does all the work.

The bigger "canopy" makes alignment less critical.

Ahhh, I didn't think of that as I got mixed up and thought it wasn't on
the truck side of the bin. The binmen don't wheel mine to the lorry and
hook the handles on, the other side gets hooked on.

So I guess people not bothering to put the bins the right way round
(like
my neighbour) wouldn't get it collected at all. Round here they're
wheeled to the lorry by the binmen and they don't mind the odd one
facing
wrongly.

You mean there is a "right way round" for putting wheelie bins on the
roadside for collection? I never knew that. I've never seen any
instructions. Looking along our road, people place them various ways
round -
some with the handle closest to the road (which means walking into the
road
as you are dragging it onto the grass verge), some with the handle
furthest
away from the road (closest to the house) and some at right angles (which
is
how you would drag it behind you as you walk towards the kerb but then
turn
at the last minute to avoid walking into the road).

But our bins are always collected and hooked onto the lorry by hand. One
man
typically walks ahead and gathers several bins into a group, and then he
and
another guy take the bins, two at a time, onto the two "hooks" on the
lorry.

We were told to when we first got the bins, and it seems pretty obvious,
and 90% of them are done this way, to place the handles nearest the road.

Imagine you're collecting 1000 bins in the day, would you want to turn them
all round to pull them to the lorry?

I cannot imagine that as I am not a bin man.

I thought everyone had an imagination.

Does a bin man's wishes concern you?

Efficiency concerns me.

They are paid to empty the bins.

The quicker they can do it, the less they have to get paid and the lower your taxes.

Occasionally they put one back outside the correct house when they have
emptied it.

A bin is a bin, I did not take you for one of those fusspots who gets possessive over "their" bin which is identical to everyone else's and owned by the council anyway.

but they aren't identical they have teh house numbers written on them,

Not here we don't.

They do in most places I know.

The only place people seem to get possessive and write on numbers is council estates. Perhaps it's the ones that have bought their house and look down on the grotty neighbours?

and some are silly enough to pay their own money for them to be cleaned, so they don't smell.

But surely those weirdos get the bin cleaned AFTER it's emptied.

yes difficult washing a bin out with it full.

So it doesn't matter what bin comes back, they will have a clean bin.

No the bin cleaners are private company that clean the bins about once a month but only those bins that they are pains to clean.
A bit like window cleaners not everyone waits for it to rain, some have people come and clean their windows rather than next doors windows.

I know it's a bit complex but we have number on houses too so people can mor eeasily tell them apart.
Why would you pay someone to clean next doors bin and not yuor own anyway, what's the point ?

I'd pay someone to clean *a* bin and return it to me.

why return it to you.
Why not to the person at the other end of the street ?

Once it's cleaned, it doesn't matter who was using it before.

But it does matter who uses it after or next, that is the point you are missing.

--
Say it with flowers - send her a triffid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/06/2016 12:46, James Wilkinson wrote:

You have to pay for your bins. You have to bundle up cardboard. No,
that's not a good system. Here we have three bins plus a box plus a
tub. 5 free things collected regularly.

That's quite poor, we have mixed recycling here, you throw any dry
recyclables in a one bin and they sort it by machine.

Food goes in another
garden waste in another
and whats left in the bin,
All emptied weekly thanks to Dave who pays a bribe to councils that do
weekly collections
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 17:41:20 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

On 22/06/2016 12:46, James Wilkinson wrote:

You have to pay for your bins. You have to bundle up cardboard. No,
that's not a good system. Here we have three bins plus a box plus a
tub. 5 free things collected regularly.

That's quite poor, we have mixed recycling here, you throw any dry
recyclables in a one bin and they sort it by machine.

Food goes in another
garden waste in another
and whats left in the bin,
All emptied weekly thanks to Dave who pays a bribe to councils that do
weekly collections

Same here. Dry recyclables (paper, plastic, cardboard) all go together. The box is for stuff like batteries, phones, laptops, toasters which need dismantling. And glass (presumably so it doesn't smash in the wheelybin or the truck when it's tipped).

Why is Dave (presumably you mean Cameron) paying money out to make councils collect bins more often? This goes against the current thinking of cutting back on expenditure and resources.

--
Mrs. Morse: "Sam, stop tapping your fingers on the table, it's driving me crazy!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 22/06/2016 12:46, James Wilkinson wrote:

You have to pay for your bins. You have to bundle up cardboard. No,
that's not a good system. Here we have three bins plus a box plus a
tub. 5 free things collected regularly.

That's quite poor, we have mixed recycling here, you throw any dry
recyclables in a one bin and they sort it by machine.

Food goes in another
garden waste in another
and whats left in the bin,
All emptied weekly thanks to Dave who pays a bribe to councils that do
weekly collections

Here in Ryedale:

- general waste emptied fortnightly
- recycling emptied fortnightly, on alternate weeks to general

Recycling consists of:

- crate for tin cans
- crate for glass
- "bag for life" size "plastic hessian" bag for paper/card
- wheelie bin for garden waste - but only if you pay for it to be collected,
which we don't

The crates are larger than they need to be. The paper/cardboard bag is far
too small: a lot of time is taken ripping boxes into small pieces to flatten
them and fit them into the bag, and even then most weeks it is bulging. Some
weeks I can't fit everything in and have to leave some in the alley to be
collected a fortnight later.

The brown garden waste bin used to be collected for free (ie included in
council tax) but now you have to pay extra. We tend to produce three or four
dustbins of waste on relatively few occasions, so it's better to take it all
to the tip myself for just the cost of driving there, rather than paying
through the nose for a service that can't take it all on one occasion so
we'd need to keep it for a long time, drip-feeding it into the brown bin,
one wheelie bin full at a time.

Rubble costs several pounds per sack to dispose of at the tip (that's after
driving it there myself, and for the privilege of emptying it into their
skip. They actually say that people should make their own private
arrangement with someone local who may want rubble - I don't know whether
they envisage everyone phoning round all the farmers "do you need any rubble
to fill in potholes in your farm tracks" :-) Utter lunacy. Just before
they introduced the charge I went mad filling as many bags as possible with
stones that we had dug out of our garden (sheets of sandstone in the
topsoil), and took my regulation one car load per month to the tip - except
that I went to four different tips in the area so I managed to take four car
loads per month :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 18:05:12 +0100, NY wrote:

[...]

Freecycle the rubble. I assume some builder or other needs hardcore and doesn't want to pay for it.

--
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson wrote:
[...]

Because I paid for it to be cleaned. But it doesn't matter whose bin it was before it was cleaned and given to me, I end up with a clean bin.

Once it's cleaned, it doesn't matter who was using it before.

But it does matter who uses it after or next, that is the point you are missing.

No it doesn't, as they clean them after each use.

Anyway, people could stop cleaning the inside of waste containers. What next, polish the insides of your sewer pipe?

--
A friend of mine suffers from verdigris. Goes green when looking down from a height!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 16:23:20 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 14:50:03 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 12:37:59 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 08:37:29 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 00:25:57 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 23:31:57 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 23:03:02 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 22:16:02 +0100, Bob Eager
wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 14:05:16 -0700, spuorgelgoog wrote:

On Tuesday, 21 June 2016 20:29:45 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
A bin is a bin, I did not take you for one of those fusspots who
gets possessive over "their" bin which is identical to everyone
else's and owned by the council anyway.

Not all bins are owned by the council; some councils 'give' them to
residents who then have to pay for replacements in the event of loss
or damage.

And bins are not identical. Some get washed out weekly and given a
spray of Bin-Fresh. Others have six-month-old sludge and bloodstains
accumulating at the bottom.

Round here there are at least three different sizes of bin. Normally
one gets the middle size, but can ask for a small one if space is
tight and the bin isn't used so much.

There are large ones (we have one) which are no longer available, but
still emptied OK (a 'grandfathered' arrangement).

No longer available? Why? We can't get them for free unless there
are 6 people in the house, but I see plenty in the babymaking streets.
What do people do round your way if they have 4 kids? I can fill the
medium sized one with just myself and a few pets.

The council response is "Tough. You aren't recycling enough. Your
problem."

Actually I was thinking of the main recycling bin. I wanted a bigger
paper/card/plastic one.

Originally all we could have was the red plastic insert in the larger
blue bin (red for paper and card, blue for cans and plastic). I thought
this was a daft idea and said so.

I discovered that they'd quietly introduced a full size red bin - just
walk into the council depot with the insert, and come out with a full
size bin. I am told you have to pay for them now (I would have incurred a
delivery charge anyway if I'd not collected it).

We are allowed to bale up extra cardboard and leave it next to the bin,
though.

Sounds like you have a very disorganised council.

Not really (Bob and I share the same council). It's quite a good system
IMO.

You have to pay for your bins.

I haven't paid a red cent (or any other colour of cent) for mine.

You have to bundle up cardboard.

Bob said "extra" cardboard. That's cardboard that won't go in the paper
section of the bin. Since when that bin goes out, it goes out with the
garden waste bin. This makes a tight spot for the cardboard to sit
between the two bins. If you have a large item delivered, you have to
break down the waste cardboard packaging anyway. No "bundling"
involved.

No, that's not a good system.
Here we have three bins plus a box plus a tub.
5 free things collected regularly.

We have 3 bins and a small tub for food waste. The black bin holds
landfill waste, and here, so much other stuff is recycled that we can
quite often skip a black bin day and so a month passes between
emptyings.

So that's one less than me - 3 recycling containers instead of 4. I can even
throw out a laptop, a toaster, etc.

They were going to change us to 3 weekly collections for the waste, but it
never happened. They said it was to save money, yet I don't see them saving
money anywhere, they spend far too much on tarmacking roads all day.

Roads will be a different local authority (county council) unless you
live in a unitary authority area.

I've never heard of that before. AFAIK I only have one council, and their website has numbers to phone for roads, waste, streetlights, libraries, everything.

We need
a local referendum on whether we should halve the council tax and do without extra ******** nobody wants.

--
Although I can accept talking scarecrows, lions and great wizards of emerald cities, I find it hard to believe there is no paperwork involved when your house lands on a witch.
-- Dave James
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 16:12:54 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 15:59:46 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Not disorganised. Just one that doesn't tell its customers anything
that might cost the council more money.

So it's better for them to pick up bales of cardboard than empty a bin?
I thought the idea of wheelybins were they saved effort/time/wages.

Read it again. EXTRA cardboard. If the bin for cardboard is full.

Doesn't happen if you have an entire bin to take it instead of a little red insert. Why did they make an insert for the thing that's likely to be largest?

--
In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand (or attempted to do so).
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 2016-06-22, Bob Eager wrote:

[50 lines snipped]

We are allowed to bale up extra cardboard and leave it next to the bin,
though.

"Allowed"? These ****ers work for you.

They would **** themselves if they had to fetch the bin from the garden and
replace it like they used to do.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 21 June 2016 20:29:45 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
A bin is a bin, I did not take you for one of those fusspots who gets
possessive over "their" bin which is identical to everyone else's and
owned by the council anyway.

Not all bins are owned by the council; some councils 'give' them to
residents who then have to pay for replacements in the event of loss or
damage.

And bins are not identical. Some get washed out weekly and given a spray
of Bin-Fresh. Others have six-month-old sludge and bloodstains
accumulating at the bottom.

Weekly collections? Are you having a laugh?

I get general waste and recyclable waste[1] bins emptied on alternate weeks.

Not all three recycle bins are emptied every other week - today was green
and blue bins -in a fortnight it is blue and green - but the randomness
depends on the time of the year.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 19:00:15 +0100, ARW wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

We get waste every 2 weeks (plans to change it to 3).
Paper/plastic/card bin and electricals/glass box every 2 weeks (alternate week to waste).
Food every week, along with either of the above two.
Garden waste every 3 weeks, not in winter unless you ask - which I think is free, they just send one lorry round a larger area and only make a few stops.

--
A sheet of sandpaper makes a cheap and effective substitute for costly maps when visiting the Sahara desert.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Dunno about rubble, but the wood skip round here has as many people taking the wood away as leaving it. So it doesn't cost the council anything.

As for charges, only commercial people are charged. And then only the ones stupid enough not to pretend to be domestic.

--
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 2016-06-22, Bob Eager wrote:

[50 lines snipped]

We are allowed to bale up extra cardboard and leave it next to the bin,
though.

"Allowed"? These ****ers work for you.

They would **** themselves if they had to fetch the bin from the garden
and
replace it like they used to do.

When we bought our first house, they came round the back to collect the
bins.

Indeed. And the bins did not have wheels did they?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

The best one round here was when we had 'inserts' for paper inside a
bigger recycling bin. They were filmed emptying the inserts into the
main bin, presumably to save time.

What moaning little twerp filmed them?

Dunno, but why shouldn't they? They're paid to do a job and they weren't
doing it.

I would call that a sackable offence.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-06-22, Bob Eager wrote:

[50 lines snipped]

We are allowed to bale up extra cardboard and leave it next to the
bin,
though.

"Allowed"? These ****ers work for you.

They would **** themselves if they had to fetch the bin from the
garden and
replace it like they used to do.

When we bought our first house, they came round the back to collect the
bins.

Indeed. And the bins did not have wheels did they?

But, we all had coal fires, so there was less rubbish to collect.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote:
[...]

Doesn't work like that here. All the blocks of flats have
numbered bins for what should be rather obvious reasons.

Plenty of the normal houses have numbered bins
too, not obviously more of them in council estates.

Perhaps it's the ones that have bought their house and look down on the
grotty neighbours?

That isnt the case here.

and some are silly enough to pay their own money for them to be
cleaned, so they don't smell.

But surely those weirdos get the bin cleaned AFTER it's emptied.

yes difficult washing a bin out with it full.

So it doesn't matter what bin comes back, they will have a clean bin.

No the bin cleaners are private company that clean the bins about once a
month but only those bins that they are pains to clean.
A bit like window cleaners not everyone waits for it to rain, some have
people come and clean their windows rather than next doors windows.

I know it's a bit complex but we have number on houses too so people can
mor eeasily tell them apart.
Why would you pay someone to clean next doors bin and not yuor own
anyway, what's the point ?

I'd pay someone to clean *a* bin and return it to me. Once it's cleaned,
it doesn't matter who was using it before.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Huge" wrote in message

Indeed. And the bins did not have wheels did they?

Nope. Corrugated tin with a rubber lid. And they had to carry them up
& down a flight of stairs.

Thank you.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 22:24:23 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

Roads will be a different local authority (county council) unless you
live in a unitary authority area.

I've never heard of that before. AFAIK I only have one council, and their
website has numbers to phone for roads, waste, streetlights, libraries,
everything.

What is the name of your local authority?

http://www.clacksweb.org.uk

--
Climate change will exist so long as there's money to be made from it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 17:41:20 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

On 22/06/2016 12:46, James Wilkinson wrote:

You have to pay for your bins. You have to bundle up cardboard. No,
that's not a good system. Here we have three bins plus a box plus a
tub. 5 free things collected regularly.

That's quite poor, we have mixed recycling here, you throw any dry
recyclables in a one bin and they sort it by machine.

Food goes in another garden waste in another and whats left in the bin,
All emptied weekly thanks to Dave who pays a bribe to councils that do
weekly collections

Yes, but this way we get more bin space.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Your average cardboard output is higher than one wheelybin per collection? Use your neighbour's bin then.

--
Jazz is what you get when you push a blues quartet down a long flight of stairs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

I have come to the conclusion that you are a troll.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

I asked you a simple question, what's your problem?

--
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 22:25:59 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 16:12:54 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

Read it again. EXTRA cardboard. If the bin for cardboard is full.

Doesn't happen if you have an entire bin to take it instead of a little
red insert. Why did they make an insert for the thing that's likely
to be largest?

It isn't likely to be the largest. Putting out a sheaf of bits of
cardboard (3ft x 3ft, say) is relatively rare.

But paper is the biggest waste for humans.

It hasn't been for me for a long time now, ever since I stopped
getting a printed newspaper and read it online and do the same
thing with the supermarket specials flyers etc and get most bills
in electronic form now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 23:16:15 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

Your average cardboard output is higher than one wheelybin per
collection? Use your neighbour's bin then.

I have come to the conclusion that you are a troll.

At last the penny drops...

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 22:43:51 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
Roads will be a different local authority (county council) unless you
live in a unitary authority area.
I've never heard of that before.

http://www.clacksweb.org.uk

All Scotland is unitary authorities[1] since the disaggregation of Regional and District Councils in the 1990s.

England is a mix.

Owain

[1] Ignoring community councils, which most people do.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 08:55:50 +0100, wrote:

On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 22:43:51 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
Roads will be a different local authority (county council) unless you
live in a unitary authority area.
I've never heard of that before.

http://www.clacksweb.org.uk

All Scotland is unitary authorities[1] since the disaggregation of Regional and District Councils in the 1990s.

England is a mix.

Sounds like a mess. So do you get to vote for each one?

Owain

[1] Ignoring community councils, which most people do.

--
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 June 2016 11:14:08 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
England is a mix.

Sounds like a mess. So do you get to vote for each one?

Yes and to make it worse some councils elect by thirds, this means that a third of councillors are elected every year over a four year cycle (with no elections in the fourth year) and others elect by halves, half of the councillors are elected every two years. Other local authorities, such as the London Boroughs, elect all of their councillors every four years.

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/what-ca...local-councils

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson wrote:
[...]

Is that because you paid for it or someone else did.

Me, because hte cleaning is done on whatever bin is put in my drive by the cleaner.

Once it's cleaned, it doesn't matter who was using it before.

But it does matter who uses it after or next, that is the point you are missing.

No it doesn't, as they clean them after each use.

No they don't.

Here's the facts.
http://www.greencleen.co.uk/northlondon
from £4 per bin every 4 weeks not every time you use it !.
It can;t get clear than that with a sign on the cleaning vehichal

People stupid enough to get a bin cleaned need to pay for all of them. After all, they might walk past their neighbour's bin and smell that too..

Anyway, people could stop cleaning the inside of waste containers. What next, polish the insides of your sewer pipe?

It's need when the fat builds up.

The sewer pipe or the bin?

--
A worried father confronted his daughter one night.
"I don't like that new boyfriend, he's rough and common and bloody stupid with it."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:32:53 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Thursday, 23 June 2016 11:14:08 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
England is a mix.
Sounds like a mess. So do you get to vote for each one?

Yes and to make it worse some councils elect by thirds, ...

Here in East Kent we have Canterbury City Council, elected in one go
last year. All councillors will next be re-elected (or not) in 2019.
Then we have Kent County Council which will be elected in one go next
year.

The city council looks after rubbish collection and the county looks
after roads, education, social services (each council looks after a lot
of other stuff too).

There are arguments in both directions as to whether Unitary
Authorities would be a better way to go. Brighton-and-Hove is one and
Medway another, as examples of unitary authorities (i.e. responsible
for all services).

Personally I prefer the historic counties but that needn't preclude
services being handled by unitaries.

I guess having things seperate is better because you can vote a different way for different types of services.

--
The dress doesn't make you look fat. It's that ice cream and chocolate you eat that makes you look fat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:32:53 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

[...]

But you end up with a separate set of shiny bums for each.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 22:43:51 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
Roads will be a different local authority (county council) unless you
live in a unitary authority area.
I've never heard of that before.

http://www.clacksweb.org.uk

All Scotland is unitary authorities[1] since the disaggregation of Regional and District Councils in the 1990s.

England is a mix.

Owain

[1] Ignoring community councils, which most people do.

Community Councils were originally called Parish Councils as in England.
However they lost their revenue raising powers in the 1920s and were
re-named Comunity Councils existing on a grant from the county councils.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 17:34:57 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:32:53 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

Yes, there might be more red tape. But with my unified council, they still seem to manage to **** about quite a lot.

--
Man who walk through turnstyle sideways going to bangkok!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You lot are so ****ing dim.

--
Viagra Lite
For people who only want to masturbate

Viagrallium
A mix of Viagra and Vallium: if you don't get to ****, then you don't give a ****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:32:53 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

[...]

Yeah, mine too. And mine does everything except the electricity and schools
and
welfare. They supply the water, remove the ****, do the roads and stuff like
that.

And plenty of terminal stupiditys like now charging you to dump rubbish
at the rubbish dump and then whine about people dumping stuff just
out of town where they can dump for free, what you lot call fly tipping.

When I was building the house in the very early 70s, you could dump
anything you liked for nothing. Now they have some droid running
the weighbridge charging people for what they dump and the fees
they charge don't even pay his wages. Wota packa terminal ****wits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:32:53 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

[...]

At least here they only charge commercial dumpers. So they simply turn up in their wife's car and a trailer and say it's their own waste :-)

--
Tower: "Delta 351, you have traffic at 10 o'clock, 6 miles!"
Delta 351: "Give us another hint! We have digital watches!"

Wheelie Bin repair compound? Yvonne[_2_] UK diy 21 June 6th 12 10:36 PM
Better wheelie bin ? TerryJones UK diy 41 February 23rd 12 03:39 PM
Swapping a wheelie bin lid ARWadsworth UK diy 27 December 3rd 11 03:06 PM
wheelie bins Dave UK diy 60 August 14th 10 12:32 AM
OT wheelie bin pollution rant Mary Fisher UK diy 4 July 7th 06 08:20 PM