Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wheelie bin style

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 23:16:15 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 23:07:40 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 18:51:23 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 16:12:54 +0100, Bob Eager
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 15:59:46 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 15:22:01 +0100, Bob Eager
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 12:24:42 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 08:37:29 +0100, Bob Eager
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 00:25:57 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 23:31:57 +0100, Bob Eager

wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 23:03:02 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 22:16:02 +0100, Bob Eager

wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 14:05:16 -0700, spuorgelgoog wrote:

On Tuesday, 21 June 2016 20:29:45 UTC+1, James Wilkinson
wrote:
A bin is a bin, I did not take you for one of those
fusspots who gets possessive over "their" bin which is
identical to everyone else's and owned by the council
anyway.

Not all bins are owned by the council; some councils 'give'
them to residents who then have to pay for replacements in
the event of loss or damage.

And bins are not identical. Some get washed out weekly and
given a spray of Bin-Fresh. Others have six-month-old sludge
and bloodstains accumulating at the bottom.

Round here there are at least three different sizes of bin.
Normally one gets the middle size, but can ask for a small
one if space is tight and the bin isn't used so much.

There are large ones (we have one) which are no longer
available,
but still emptied OK (a 'grandfathered' arrangement).

No longer available? Why? We can't get them for free unless
there are 6 people in the house, but I see plenty in the
babymaking streets.
What do people do round your way if they have 4 kids? I can
fill the
medium sized one with just myself and a few pets.

The council response is "Tough. You aren't recycling enough.
Your problem."

Actually I was thinking of the main recycling bin. I wanted a
bigger paper/card/plastic one.

Originally all we could have was the red plastic insert in the
larger blue bin (red for paper and card, blue for cans and
plastic). I thought this was a daft idea and said so.

I discovered that they'd quietly introduced a full size red bin -
just walk into the council depot with the insert, and come out
with a full size bin. I am told you have to pay for them now (I
would have incurred a delivery charge anyway if I'd not collected
it).

We are allowed to bale up extra cardboard and leave it next to
the bin,
though.

Sounds like you have a very disorganised council.

Not disorganised. Just one that doesn't tell its customers anything
that might cost the council more money.

So it's better for them to pick up bales of cardboard than empty a
bin? I thought the idea of wheelybins were they saved
effort/time/wages.

Read it again. EXTRA cardboard. If the bin for cardboard is full.

Doesn't happen if you have an entire bin to take it instead of a
little red insert.

It does here.

Your average cardboard output is higher than one wheelybin per
collection? Use your neighbour's bin then.

I have come to the conclusion that you are a troll.