Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default Wheelie bin style

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 17:41:20 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

On 22/06/2016 12:46, James Wilkinson wrote:

You have to pay for your bins. You have to bundle up cardboard. No,
that's not a good system. Here we have three bins plus a box plus a
tub. 5 free things collected regularly.

That's quite poor, we have mixed recycling here, you throw any dry
recyclables in a one bin and they sort it by machine.

Food goes in another
garden waste in another
and whats left in the bin,
All emptied weekly thanks to Dave who pays a bribe to councils that do
weekly collections

Same here. Dry recyclables (paper, plastic, cardboard) all go together. The box is for stuff like batteries, phones, laptops, toasters which need dismantling. And glass (presumably so it doesn't smash in the wheelybin or the truck when it's tipped).

Why is Dave (presumably you mean Cameron) paying money out to make councils collect bins more often? This goes against the current thinking of cutting back on expenditure and resources.

--
Mrs. Morse: "Sam, stop tapping your fingers on the table, it's driving me crazy!"