Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pilot light off in summer?

Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in summer?

It struck me it would cost a lot of gas over the year (and from what I've read it's anything from £25 to £90 a year).

Then I found this! "With the pilot off, there are still trace amounts of gas molecules in the burner and pilot tubes of your fireplace. The gas companies add a chemical called Mercaptan to the gas which gives it that lovely odor we all know. Spiders are attracted to the smell of the Mercaptan and will sometimes build webs in the pilot and burner tubes when the flow of gas is off. So when you go to turn on your fireplace in the early fall or late summer, it will not work, and you will have to call you local installer to come service the unit. This will cost money."

--
Watching his date from the corner of his eye while he poured her a drink, the young bachelor said, "Say when."
She replied, "Right after that drink."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in summer?

no
prick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:29:09 -0000, Mick wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in summer?

no
prick

Grow up retard.

--
What has four legs, is big, green, fuzzy, and if it fell out of a tree would kill you?
A pool table.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:29:09 +0000, Mick wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in summer?

Never had a pilot light!

I'd be interested to know what proportion of new boilers have them...

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:35:47 -0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:29:09 +0000, Mick wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in summer?

Never had a pilot light!

I'd be interested to know what proportion of new boilers have them...

I've never had a new boiler. I take it they start with an electric spark like modern cookers? I've never known a cooker sparker to wear out, so I guess the boilers don't either?

--
I've got trouble with the wife again - she came into the bar
looking for me and I asked for her number.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Eager writes:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:29:09 +0000, Mick wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in summer?

Never had a pilot light!

I'd be interested to know what proportion of new boilers have them...

Don't think a boiler can get a SEDBUK A rating with a permanent pilot
light. They consume around 250W which is counted for in the calculation
of boiler efficiency (as a heat loss when boiler not firing).

All modern boilers are electronic ignition.

250W continuously costs you around 30p per day, or £50 for 6 months.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Uncle Peter wrote:
Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in summer?

Of course, it goes off every time it has ignited the gas burner - doesn't
yours do that then?

It struck me it would cost a lot of gas over the year (and from what
I've read it's anything from £25 to £90 a year).

It would only cost that if the pilot light was left on all the time, now
because mine only lights up when the electronic igniter turns the gas on and
that little blue spark thing does it job and sets the gas alight it save me
a lot of cash. Dont yours do that then?

Then I found this! "With the pilot off, there are still trace
amounts of gas molecules in the burner and pilot tubes of your
fireplace. The gas companies add a chemical called Mercaptan to the
gas which gives it that lovely odor we all know. Spiders are
attracted to the smell of the Mercaptan and will sometimes build webs
in the pilot and burner tubes when the flow of gas is off. So when
you go to turn on your fireplace in the early fall or late summer, it
will not work, and you will have to call you local installer to come
service the unit. This will cost money."

A load of Yankee ******** (not a Yank are you Uncle Peter?) If you are, then
that would explain many things about you. As for spiders building their webs
there, when the sparky thing or a match lights the pilot light that will set
fire to the webs and the spiders making the gas easier to light after afer
its couple of weeks rest in this country and that will stop the installer
having to come and service it. I've just thought of something, doesnt an
installer fit the gas thingy - it must be bloody expensive where you live
then to have to have a new gas boiler fitted every year just because your
too dumb to call out gas service engineer rather than an installer?

Uncle Peter, I've refrained from getting involved with your idiotic attempts
at posting as if you are an illiterate, but you have given me such a smile
at this latest load of ******** of yours I couldn't resist responding. Thank
you

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in summer?

It struck me it would cost a lot of gas over the year (and from what I've
read it's anything from £25 to £90 a year).

Then I found this! "With the pilot off, there are still trace amounts of
gas molecules in the burner and pilot tubes of your fireplace. The gas
companies add a chemical called Mercaptan to the gas which gives it that
lovely odor we all know. Spiders are attracted to the smell of the Mercaptan
and will sometimes build webs in the pilot and burner tubes when the flow of
gas is off. So when you go to turn on your fireplace in the early fall or
late summer, it will not work, and you will have to call you local installer
to come service the unit. This will cost money."

You mean this

http://www.andersonfireplace.com/new...-in-the-summer

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have a pilot light on a coal effect gas fire. I turn it off to prevent
the wife from lighting the fire - she doesn't know how to light the pilot.
Also the pilot does make a bit of noise and creates a hotspot on one of the
coals.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:29:09 +0000, Mick wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in
summer?

Never had a pilot light!

I'd be interested to know what proportion of new boilers have them...

I've never had a new boiler. I take it they start with an electric
spark like modern cookers? I've never known a cooker sparker to wear
out, so I guess the boilers don't either?

Well you are not that knowledgeable are you really? Petrol cars have
"sparkers" AKA spark plugs, and if you drive, then you know that they wear
out quite regularly - so why wouldn't those used on boilers and cookers be
any different?

You are a little tinker aren't you with your teasing little idiocies?

It's great to see that you really enjoy being laughed at or the butt of many
jokes and obscenities.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

I'm currently laughing at you, as you don't seem to realise that a car spark plug operates 1000s of times a minute. Your boiler doesn't start that many times in a day.

--
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 19:15:24 -0000, ARW wrote:

[...]

Yes.

--
If you spin oriental folk till they are dizzy, do they become disoriented?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 19:15:10 -0000, Unbeliever wrote:

Uncle Peter wrote:
Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in summer?

Of course, it goes off every time it has ignited the gas burner - doesn't
yours do that then?

It struck me it would cost a lot of gas over the year (and from what
I've read it's anything from £25 to £90 a year).

It would only cost that if the pilot light was left on all the time, now
because mine only lights up when the electronic igniter turns the gas on and
that little blue spark thing does it job and sets the gas alight it save me
a lot of cash. Dont yours do that then?

The only spark thing on mine is manual, and used to light the pilot light if I've turned it off. The pilot remains on 24/7 ready to ignite the burner when the boiler decides to run.

Then I found this! "With the pilot off, there are still trace
amounts of gas molecules in the burner and pilot tubes of your
fireplace. The gas companies add a chemical called Mercaptan to the
gas which gives it that lovely odor we all know. Spiders are
attracted to the smell of the Mercaptan and will sometimes build webs
in the pilot and burner tubes when the flow of gas is off. So when
you go to turn on your fireplace in the early fall or late summer, it
will not work, and you will have to call you local installer to come
service the unit. This will cost money."

A load of Yankee ******** (not a Yank are you Uncle Peter?) If you are, then
that would explain many things about you. As for spiders building their webs
there, when the sparky thing or a match lights the pilot light that will set
fire to the webs and the spiders making the gas easier to light

Maybe, depends how thick the web in the pipe is. Gas isn't that high a pressure.

after afer
its couple of weeks rest in this country and that will stop the installer
having to come and service it. I've just thought of something, doesnt an
installer fit the gas thingy - it must be bloody expensive where you live
then to have to have a new gas boiler fitted every year just because your
too dumb to call out gas service engineer rather than an installer?

That was a quote from a website, hence the " marks. I never said anything about an installer or engineer.

Uncle Peter, I've refrained from getting involved with your idiotic attempts
at posting as if you are an illiterate, but you have given me such a smile
at this latest load of ******** of yours I couldn't resist responding. Thank
you

Your English above is terrible. "after afer its couple of weeks rest"

--
What has got two legs and bleeds?
Half a dog!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 18:58:15 -0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
Bob Eager writes:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:29:09 +0000, Mick wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in summer?

Never had a pilot light!

I'd be interested to know what proportion of new boilers have them...

Don't think a boiler can get a SEDBUK A rating with a permanent pilot
light. They consume around 250W which is counted for in the calculation
of boiler efficiency (as a heat loss when boiler not firing).

All modern boilers are electronic ignition.

Mine ain't modern.

250W continuously costs you around 30p per day, or £50 for 6 months.

I very much doubt it's as much as 250W. A 250W incandescant lightbulb in that position would get a damn sight hotter than my pilot light.

--
Take some good advice: Never try to baptize your cat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2015 16:49, Uncle Peter wrote:
Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in summer?

It struck me it would cost a lot of gas over the year (and from what
I've read it's anything from £25 to £90 a year).

Whatever you do, make sure that you keep the fire going in your steam
wagon. It's a pig to get started again if it *does* go out. [I'm
assuming that you *do* have a steam wagon - otherwise you'd have to
embrace modern technology, which would be anathema to you.]
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:29:09 +0000, Mick wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in
summer?

Never had a pilot light!

I'd be interested to know what proportion of new boilers have them...

I've never had a new boiler. I take it they start with an electric
spark like modern cookers? I've never known a cooker sparker to wear
out, so I guess the boilers don't either?

Well you are not that knowledgeable are you really? Petrol cars have
"sparkers" AKA spark plugs, and if you drive, then you know that they wear
out quite regularly - so why wouldn't those used on boilers and cookers be
any different?

They do have to spark *slightly* more frequently in a car engine though!

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

You have yet to realise that the principle is the same and erosion occurs at
the tips of both.

My boiler fires up quite often during the day and the boiler igniter has
been replaced on several occasions due spark erosion at the tip.

Never mind, you'll still be laughed at and be the butt of jokes and abuse
simply because of your idiocies while you still continue to post as you do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Unbeliever
writes
wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:29:09 +0000, Mick wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in
summer?

Never had a pilot light!

I'd be interested to know what proportion of new boilers have them...

I've never had a new boiler. I take it they start with an electric
spark like modern cookers? I've never known a cooker sparker to wear
out, so I guess the boilers don't either?

Well you are not that knowledgeable are you really? Petrol cars have
"sparkers" AKA spark plugs, and if you drive, then you know that they wear
out quite regularly - so why wouldn't those used on boilers and cookers be
any different?

Because a spark plug in a petrol engine must spark many 1000's of time
every minute, probably billions of times during it's operating life .
Cooker and boiler spark electrodes a few times a day.

So yes, whilst they can wear out, it's not that common.
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Uncle Peter wrote

Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in summer?

It struck me it would cost a lot of gas over the year (and from what I've
read it's anything from £25 to £90 a year).

Then I found this! "With the pilot off, there are still trace amounts of
gas molecules in the burner and pilot tubes of your fireplace. The gas
companies add a chemical called Mercaptan to the gas which gives it that
lovely odor we all know. Spiders are attracted to the smell of the
Mercaptan and will sometimes build webs in the pilot and burner tubes when
the flow of gas is off. So when you go to turn on your fireplace in the
early fall or late summer, it will not work, and you will have to call you
local installer to come service the unit. This will cost money."

Doesn't explain how modern systems that have no
pilot light at all manage to work fine when first used
after the summer has ended.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

"Quit often" is probably say thirty times a day. If you drive your car for half an hour each day, that's 45000 sparks from each plug a day. So your boiler spark plug should last 1500 times longer than your car spark plug.

--
Mr Churchill is reputed to have once said
"It will be long, it will be hard, and there'll be no withdrawal"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 20:19:04 -0000, Roger Mills wrote:

On 11/01/2015 16:49, Uncle Peter wrote:
Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in summer?

It struck me it would cost a lot of gas over the year (and from what
I've read it's anything from £25 to £90 a year).

Whatever you do, make sure that you keep the fire going in your steam
wagon. It's a pig to get started again if it *does* go out. [I'm
assuming that you *do* have a steam wagon - otherwise you'd have to
embrace modern technology, which would be anathema to you.]

I'm certainly not stupid enough to spend £1000+ on getting a new boiler fitted to save £50 a year on gas.

--
We were supposed to have flying cars in the 21st century.
The Internet is cool, but I'd rather have a flying car.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:29:09 +0000, Mick wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in
summer?

Never had a pilot light!

I'd be interested to know what proportion of new boilers have them...

I've never had a new boiler. I take it they start with an electric
spark like modern cookers? I've never known a cooker sparker to wear
out, so I guess the boilers don't either?

Well you are not that knowledgeable are you really?

We'll see...

Petrol cars have "sparkers" AKA spark plugs,

Yes.

and if you drive, then you know that they wear out quite regularly - so
why wouldn't those used on boilers and cookers be any different?

Because they don’t spark anything like as much, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Uncle Peter wrote:
Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in
summer?

Of course, it goes off every time it has ignited the gas burner -
doesn't yours do that then?

It struck me it would cost a lot of gas over the year (and from what
I've read it's anything from £25 to £90 a year).

It would only cost that if the pilot light was left on all the time,
now because mine only lights up when the electronic igniter turns
the gas on and that little blue spark thing does it job and sets the
gas alight it save me a lot of cash. Dont yours do that then?

The only spark thing on mine is manual, and used to light the pilot
light if I've turned it off. The pilot remains on 24/7 ready to
ignite the burner when the boiler decides to run.

The you really are an idiot allowing the pilot light to burn in such a
manner, only idiots with little knowledge do that these days with the cost
of gas the way it is - and you fall into that group!

[...]

Who's talking about gas pressure? A match will burn a spider's web alone and
when the pilot fires up, then the spider will also fry!

after afer
its couple of weeks rest in this country and that will stop the
installer having to come and service it. I've just thought of
something, doesnt an installer fit the gas thingy - it must be
bloody expensive where you live then to have to have a new gas
boiler fitted every year just because your too dumb to call out gas
service engineer rather than an installer?

That was a quote from a website, hence the " marks. I never said
anything about an installer or engineer.

Then it shows your incapability to comprehend the information that you read
before re-posting it.

Uncle Peter, I've refrained from getting involved with your idiotic
attempts at posting as if you are an illiterate, but you have given
me such a smile at this latest load of ******** of yours I couldn't
resist responding. Thank you

Your English above is terrible. "after afer its couple of weeks rest"

A touch of the Kettle calling the old saucepan black with just a smidgeon of
hypocrisy on your part is rather obvious with the lack of your command of
the English in your posts - and (from a previous thread) your parrots could
teach you a thing or two about language usage.

Still laughing at you old son and enjoying it, so carry on posting the
drivel, only keep the foul language down.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

I doubt it old son - I drive a diesel and to the best of my knowledge, the
don't have spark plugs. They do have four glow plugs though, and while
you're spouting inane statistics, I wonder if you could tell me how many
times they fire per cycle of a four stroke engine, per cylinder?

LAMAO as usual, your facts lack one important thing - accuracy, which just
in case you don't understand the word, there are two dictionary definitions
of it below:

1 - The fact of being exact or correct
2 - The ability to do something without making mistakes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

You said "Petrol cars" above, that's what we're comparing to boilers, because they make sparks like boilers. FFS you're forgetful.

--
My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary. She said, 'I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds.'
So I bought her a set of scales.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Uncle Peter wrote:
[...]

Maybe,

No maybe about it.

depends how thick the web in the pipe is.

There can be no web in the pipe, no spider can get thru the pilot jet.

Gas isn't that high a pressure.

The gas pressure is irrelevant. Even if that silly myth was true,
and it can't be given that only dinosaurs even have a pilot jet
at all anymore, any web anywhere near the pilot jet would
soon be burnt off as soon as the jet lights.

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Uncle Peter wrote:
[...]

It's how the boiler is designed.

[...]

The web could be back away from the match.

after afer
its couple of weeks rest in this country and that will stop the
installer having to come and service it. I've just thought of
something, doesnt an installer fit the gas thingy - it must be
bloody expensive where you live then to have to have a new gas
boiler fitted every year just because your too dumb to call out gas
service engineer rather than an installer?

That was a quote from a website, hence the " marks. I never said
anything about an installer or engineer.

Then it shows your incapability to comprehend the information that you read
before re-posting it.

The important thing was the spider, not who comes to sort it.

Contrarywise. You called me illiterate, without even checking your paragraph above for two ****ups.

Still laughing at you old son and enjoying it, so carry on posting the
drivel, only keep the foul language down.

Ah. You're one of those morons that doesn't like foul language, that says it all.

--
This guy's in the rear of a full elevator and he shouts, "Ballroom please."
A lady standing in front of him turns around and says, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was crowding you."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 20:58:40 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

Uncle Peter wrote

[...]

Maybe the valve is positioned closer to the end and less smell is made to attract spiders?

--
Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for this change to take effect.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Uncle Peter wrote:
[...]

Oh.

Gas isn't that high a pressure.

The gas pressure is irrelevant. Even if that silly myth was true,
and it can't be given that only dinosaurs even have a pilot jet
at all anymore, any web anywhere near the pilot jet would
soon be burnt off as soon as the jet lights.

Unless it blocked the jet and no gas got out.

--
The best way to insulate your home is with a big pile of fridge-foam aerosol cans:
Just fill the entire house with foam and tunnel to the bits you need to get to, pack rat style.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

But will last for as long as the device its
igniting if it only sparks a few times a day.

My boiler fires up quite often during the day and the boiler igniter has
been replaced on several occasions due spark erosion at the tip.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Glow plugs only operate when the ignition is first switched on to heat
up the cylinder, they don't 'fire' after that. In fact they don't fire
at all, just heat up and 'glow' for a short time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Uncle Peter wrote:
[...]

Sigh at the idiocy of the statement - I know full well it's designed that
way, but you lack the intelligence to do anything about - which according to
some figures I've seen, would save around £5000 a year by changing it to an
energy efficient one!

[...]

Bloody hell, a live and kicking spider's web! Roaring with laughter.

I've yet to see a spider's web "back away" from any match, I've seen them
'shiver' with the rising heat, but *never*, *never* back away from one. Now
the old spider, that is a different matter, they do "back away" a bit with
hot match chasing them. vbg

after afer
its couple of weeks rest in this country and that will stop the
installer having to come and service it. I've just thought of
something, doesnt an installer fit the gas thingy - it must be
bloody expensive where you live then to have to have a new gas
boiler fitted every year just because your too dumb to call out gas
service engineer rather than an installer?

That was a quote from a website, hence the " marks. I never said
anything about an installer or engineer.

Then it shows your incapability to comprehend the information that
you read before re-posting it.

The important thing was the spider, not who comes to sort it.

Are you really that dense to believe that rubbish?

Uncle Peter, I've refrained from getting involved with your idiotic
attempts at posting as if you are an illiterate, but you have given
me such a smile at this latest load of ******** of yours I couldn't
resist responding. Thank you

Your English above is terrible. "after afer its couple of weeks
rest"

A touch of the Kettle calling the old saucepan black with just a
smidgeon of hypocrisy on your part is rather obvious with the lack
of your command of the English in your posts - and (from a previous
thread) your parrots could teach you a thing or two about language
usage.

Contrarywise. You called me illiterate, without even checking your
paragraph above for two ****ups.

Only "two ****ups" - I could easily find a post of yours with many, many
more than "two". And an even bigger grin at that!

Still laughing at you old son and enjoying it, so carry on posting
the drivel, only keep the foul language down.

Ah. You're one of those morons that doesn't like foul language, that
says it all.

Foul language used in the right situations doesn't bother me at all, and in
fact, I occasionally use it myself when *talking* in like-minded groups of
people that I know - but generally when you use it as every-day language, it
shows a great lack of command of the English language which is a good sign
of illiteracy, sadly of which many of your posts confirm.

Ergo, I consider those who use "foul language" as an excuse "morons" - of
which you are certainly one!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

dat's a hell of a pilot light!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Farmer, having driven and maintained diesels and other engine forms. I am
well aware of that and obviously, the sarcasm directed at Uncle Peter
escaped you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

There you go again! Cussing just to object to a sensible analogy that was
made to compare two different types of sparking plugs.

Illiterate sod.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:29:09 +0000, Mick wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in
summer?

Never had a pilot light!

I'd be interested to know what proportion of new boilers have
them...

I've never had a new boiler. I take it they start with an electric
spark like modern cookers? I've never known a cooker sparker to
wear out, so I guess the boilers don't either?

Well you are not that knowledgeable are you really?

We'll see...

Petrol cars have "sparkers" AKA spark plugs,

Yes.

and if you drive, then you know that they wear out quite regularly -
so why wouldn't those used on boilers and cookers be any different?

Because they don't spark anything like as much, stupid.

But do they or *DON'T* they wear out then - even if they are at different
rates? If with your high level of intellect, you know of a type that
doesn't, please let me know via Usenet.

Ah rodders the tosser again - I thought you were doing DiY 6 feet under by
now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Are you one of those religious ****wits who thinks a swearword is wrong and bad in some way?

--
When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

If the rate is slower than the rate at which the rest of the equipment wears out, it can be ignored.

--
The tired doctor was awakened by a phone call in the middle of the night. "Please, you have to come right over," pleaded the distraught young mother. "My child has swallowed a contraceptive."
The physician dressed quickly, but before he could get out the door, the phone rang again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 20:58:40 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:
Uncle Peter wrote

[...]

My sides are aching so much from laughing at you Uncle Peter, I think it's
time to abandon this thread before I do myself some damage as a result.

Have a good day and a word of advice get a carbon monoxide Detector for your
own safety as you may well wake up and find yourself dead one day when your
old boiler attacks you with the stuff due to lack of servicing and
ham-fisted interference from you.