Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pilot light off in summer?

On 11/01/2015 16:49, Uncle Peter wrote:
Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in summer?

It struck me it would cost a lot of gas over the year (and from what
I've read it's anything from £25 to £90 a year).

Whatever you do, make sure that you keep the fire going in your steam
wagon. It's a pig to get started again if it *does* go out. [I'm
assuming that you *do* have a steam wagon - otherwise you'd have to
embrace modern technology, which would be anathema to you.]
--
Cheers,
Roger