Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pilot light off in summer?

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 23:08:14 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 22:31:05 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 21:55:48 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 19:07:05 -0000, Farmer Giles
wrote:

On 13/01/2015 18:59, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 13:40:47 -0000, Farmer Giles

wrote:

On 12/01/2015 21:31, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19:45:42 -0000, Farmer Giles

wrote:

On 12/01/2015 08:54, harryagain wrote:
"Farmer Giles" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 11/01/2015 21:21, Unbeliever wrote:
Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 20:47:13 -0000, Unbeliever
wrote:
Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 19:22:37 -0000, Unbeliever
wrote:
Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:35:47 -0000, Bob Eager

wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:29:09 +0000, Mick wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas
fire
off in
summer?

Never had a pilot light!

I'd be interested to know what proportion of new
boilers
have
them...

I've never had a new boiler. I take it they start with
an
electric spark like modern cookers? I've never known a
cooker
sparker to wear out, so I guess the boilers don't
either?

Well you are not that knowledgeable are you really?
Petrol
cars
have "sparkers" AKA spark plugs, and if you drive, then
you
know
that they wear out quite regularly - so why wouldn't
those
used on
boilers and cookers be any different?

You are a little tinker aren't you with your teasing
little
idiocies? It's great to see that you really enjoy being
laughed
at or
the
butt of many jokes and obscenities.

I'm currently laughing at you, as you don't seem to
realise
that a
car spark plug operates 1000s of times a minute. Your
boiler
doesn't start that many times in a day.

You have yet to realise that the principle is the same and
erosion
occurs at the tips of both.

My boiler fires up quite often during the day and the
boiler
igniter
has been replaced on several occasions due spark erosion
at
the
tip.

Never mind, you'll still be laughed at and be the butt of
jokes
and
abuse simply because of your idiocies while you still
continue
post as you do.

"Quit often" is probably say thirty times a day. If you
drive
your
car for half an hour each day, that's 45000 sparks from
each
plug
day. So your boiler spark plug should last 1500 times
longer
than
your car spark plug.

I doubt it old son - I drive a diesel and to the best of my
knowledge,
the
don't have spark plugs. They do have four glow plugs though,
and
while
you're spouting inane statistics, I wonder if you could tell
me
how
many
times they fire per cycle of a four stroke engine, per
cylinder?

Glow plugs only operate when the ignition is first switched
on
heat up
the cylinder, they don't 'fire' after that. In fact they
don't
fire at
all, just heat up and 'glow' for a short time.

Glow plugs vapourise the fuel in the inlet manifold to make
starting
easier
when cold.

Nonsense.

I believe you are correct. I thought they warmed the diesel to
make
it
thinner, so the INJECTORS could vapourise it.

No, the glow plugs do their work AFTER the fuel has been
vapourised
and
injected into the combusion chamber.

I see, so there's nothing in the average car diesel engine to
combat
very cold ambient temperatures. You'd think they could have a
diesel
pipe heater.

I do believe that some people fit a kind of heater in diesel fuel
tanks
and lines, although I think that has something to with when they
use
vegetable oil instead of diesel - which many do.

Probably like using LPG, it ****s the engine.

It doesn't actually.

I've heard you have to use diesel every 4th fill.

That is wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetab..._and_usability

That rings warning bells.

Only if you don't have a clue about the basics.

There are a lot of things to adjust and cater for in that link.

Doesn't make for warning bells.

Yes it does. If one of those is done incorrectly, irrepairable damage may
occur.

Just as true of any engine design.

Best to stick to what the engineers designed the engine to run on.

No reason why the engine can't be designed to run on both.

In fact plenty of engines are designed run on a much bigger
range of fuels like the range of ethanol mixes seen world wide.

Plenty of gas turbine engines can run on almost anything liquid
that will burn.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

But the standard car diesel engine isn't.

--
What the best way to get a guy to stop smoking after sex?
Fill his waterbed with gasoline.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Plenty are designed to use vegetable oil now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

**** snipped
LOL, the ****wit brothers are at it again.
Are you pair related, other than being mentally challenged ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

I've never heard of such a thing. Quote 3 examples.

--
A hand job a day keeps arthritis away.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Then you need to get your ears tested, BAD.

Quote 3 examples.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetab..._and_usability

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 23:58:39 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:
[...]

I see no models of cars designed to run on vegetable oil.

--
I'd rather have a life than a living.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Then you need new glasses, BAD.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 00:14:48 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Yes it does. If one of those is done incorrectly, irrepairable
damage
may
occur.

Just as true of any engine design.

Best to stick to what the engineers designed the engine to run on.

No reason why the engine can't be designed to run on both.

In fact plenty of engines are designed run on a much bigger
range of fuels like the range of ethanol mixes seen world wide.

Plenty of gas turbine engines can run on almost anything liquid
that will burn.

But the standard car diesel engine isn't.

Plenty are designed to use vegetable oil now.

I've never heard of such a thing.

Then you need to get your ears tested, BAD.

Quote 3 examples.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetab..._and_usability

I see no models of cars designed to run on vegetable oil.

Then you need new glasses, BAD.

Your link points to CONVERSIONS.

--
The dress doesn't make you look fat. It's that ice cream and chocolate you eat that makes you look fat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 21:40:55 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

"Modified fuel systems"
"The engine is started on diesel, switched over to vegetable oil as soon as it is warmed up"
"Single tank conversions"
"compatible with conventional compression-ignition engines"

--
How do you confuse a blonde?
You don't. They're born that way.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Only a tiny subset of that entire article, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 22:50:33 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

Well I skimmed through it and didn't find the bit you were talking about. Maybe you should link to that section properly.

--
What's the most sensitive part of your anatomy when you're masturbating?
Your ears.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Then try reading it properly, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 23:25:30 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

I have better things to do with my time.

--
Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two other sides gently compressed by a Thigh Master.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
I have better things to do with my time.

Of course you do, like typing ******** to another prickmate.
Hilarious.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 23:39:22 -0000, bm wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
I have better things to do with my time.

Of course you do, like typing ******** to another prickmate.
Hilarious.

Grow up.

--
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason -- Benjamin Franklin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Obvious lie. You clearly don't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 23:39:22 -0000, bm wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
I have better things to do with my time.

Of course you do, like typing ******** to another prickmate.
Hilarious.

Grow up.

You should try telling yourself that. I believed you were 30 something, not
6.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 18:29:13 -0000, bm wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 23:39:22 -0000, bm wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news I have better things to do with my time.

Of course you do, like typing ******** to another prickmate.
Hilarious.

Grow up.

You should try telling yourself that. I believed you were 30 something, not
6.

Yet it's you with the inane replies with no content.

--
Bumper sticker seen on a B-2 Stealth Bomber:
"IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THEN WE WASTED 50 BILLION BUCKS."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 23:39:22 -0000, bm wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news I have better things to do with my time.

Of course you do, like typing ******** to another prickmate.
Hilarious.

Grow up.
You should try telling yourself that. I believed you were 30 something,
not
6.

Yet it's you with the inane replies with no content.

Snap.

QED!

--
In 2005 eight Brits (All Scottish) cracked their skulls while throwing up into the toilet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 18:29:13 -0000, bm wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 23:39:22 -0000, bm wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news I have better things to do with my time.

Of course you do, like typing ******** to another prickmate.
Hilarious.

Grow up.
You should try telling yourself that. I believed you were 30 something,
not
6.

Yet it's you with the inane replies with no content.
Snap.

QED!

Snap.

QED squared.

--
I had amnesia once -- or twice.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 00:01:34 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

What on earth makes you think anyone would want to read several pages of link posted by you?

--
In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand (or attempted to do so).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

You never could bull**** and lie your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 23:08:51 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

Answer the question.

--
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Go and **** yourself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 01:30:22 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

I'll take that as "I can't".

--
President Bush is rehearsing his speech for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.
He begins with "Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

It'd be amusing watching you try though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 22:43:00 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

Stop misunderstanding for comic effect.

--
"If you have voted after you are dead, there is a good strong possibility that you did something illegal." -- Kevin Shwedo, California DMV director

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

You never could troll your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I asked a simple question and you failed to answer it.

--
What would happen if you cut off your left side?
You would be all right.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Everyone can see for themselves that you are lying
thru your teeth as you always do when you have
got done like a ****ing dinner, as you always are.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 23:09:01 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

How can a question be a lie?

--
HELP WANTED:
Baiters. Local fishing boats need 4 baiters to bate hooks for tourists. Must have strong hands and work hard. Good pay-$15 per hour, and benefits.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Never said the question was a lie, you pathetic excuse for a troll.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 19:05:26 -0000, Rod Speed

Then say what you mean ya ****ing dingo.

--
Corduroy pillows are making headlines!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I did, ****wit child.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/01/2015 20:43, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 20:35:55 -0000, Rod Speed

snip

Never said the question was a lie, you pathetic excuse for a troll.

Then say what you mean ya ****ing dingo.

Were you two married in a former life? You do seem equally suited.