Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default House insurance and burglar alarms

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
One of my cousins used to work in a Police control centre. Resources are
limited, so calls get prioritised and burglary, even those where the
burglar is known to be on the premises, get a very low priority.

So just what is the priority? Watching TV? Dishing out parking tickets?
Having lunch with journalists?

It might be an idea if the police actually published what they consider
priorities so we can all have a good laugh. Most would consider a burglary
in progress where the householder is present a very real priority.

--
*Why are they called apartments, when they're all stuck together? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article , Nightjar
wrote:
One of my cousins used to work in a Police control centre. Resources
are limited, so calls get prioritised and burglary, even those where
the burglar is known to be on the premises, get a very low priority.

So just what is the priority? Watching TV? Dishing out parking tickets?
Having lunch with journalists?

The police don't issue Parking tickets.

It might be an idea if the police actually published what they consider
priorities so we can all have a good laugh. Most would consider a
burglary in progress where the householder is present a very real
priority.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
One of my cousins used to work in a Police control centre.
Resources are limited, so calls get prioritised and burglary, even
those where the burglar is known to be on the premises, get a very
low priority.

So just what is the priority? Watching TV? Dishing out parking
tickets? Having lunch with journalists?

It might be an idea if the police actually published what they
consider priorities so we can all have a good laugh.

An annoymous tip off that I was drink driving managed to get the police to
my house before I did!. The pub is one mile away.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
, Jim
K writes
On 19 Feb, 10:06, "Rod Speed" wrote:
"Jim K" wrote in message

On 19 Feb, 01:54, "Rod Speed" wrote:

Great, there is only so much of your mindless
silly **** anyone should have to put up with.
Wrong again. Its much more likely to be more childish lying.
You're the one just caught lying.
More of your childish lying.

Says he carefully deleting from the quoting his lie.

Pity about your

I wont be bothering to reply in this thread again,

reams of you not even being able to manage your own lines, or bull****
your way out of your predicament either, flushed where it belongs

that was Jim K
this is Rod K ;)

Your pathetic attempt at insults any 3 year old could leave for dead
flushed where it belongs. Wouldnt want you to lose all credibility
would we boy ?

Rod K

Why continue to engage him on a pointless to and fro thats going nowhere

Ignore him

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
And sometimes they **** that up. Hardly surprising given that
most of them are pathetic druggys feeding their drug habits.

Not really surprising having to live in that country of yours.

Corse nothing like that ever happens in the soggy little frigid island
of yours, eh ?

Doesn't seem to stop you wanting to post here. Why would that be - has
your paradise no newsgroups of its own?

Yet another thread that has descended into a slanging match between
speed and everyone else

Ignore the ****

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 Feb, 17:00, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

It might be an idea if the police actually published what they consider
priorities so we can all have a good laugh. Most would consider a burglary
in progress where the householder is present a very real priority.

IME listed and displayed on a ward by ward basis in the reception of
the town nick.

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Nightjar wrote

Actually, they do, as it depends upon them having a car available, in
the area and not doing anything else.

Even sillier when the owner has just told them
that he can see a burglar inside the house.

One of my cousins used to work in a Police control centre. Resources are
limited, so calls get prioritised

Duh.

and burglary, even those where the burglar is known to be on the premises,
get a very low priority.

Have fun listing what gets more priority than a
burglar on the premises that happens much at all.

but the reality of life in Britain today is that otherwise all you are
likely to get is a crime number to pass on to your insurers.

Even sillier when you tell them that you can see the burglar inside your
house.

It may be silly,

Its actually just another lie.

but that is what happens when Police budgets are repeatedly cut.

Its actually just another lie.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 22:10:02 -0000, "ARW"
wrote:

A couple stole a toilet cistern from a local takeaway shop last week.

Must have been around the bend.

Flushed with success?
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , bert ]
writes
wrote:

A couple stole a toilet cistern from a local takeaway shop last week.

Must have been around the bend.

Flushed with success?

But they couldn't have done it without ... a-cistern-ce

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:44:01 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

It would surely be better to risk losing your TV set than to risk
losing your life?

But doesn't tell the world how macho you think you are.

Bull****, Plowman.

FYI, I had a run-in with a pair of ****s who were trying to break into
my workshop. I am slightly glad I was so incensed I didn't actually
stop to pick up the fire-axe by the door, as I could have done one of
them at least some serious and criminal damage, and that would have
been fecking inconvenient.
As it was, they took to their heels like a pair of Olympic sprinters,
never to be seen again. The positive thing is, they know there's
someone here who WILL defend their property, with malice.

So, don't accuse me of posturing.
Junior Member

I think if you don't have any fault like to start an alarm or any thing else like that than company will be liable to pay you the money.Otherwise you can't claim the loss that you bear due to your own fault.Because in that case the security company don't get any alert that any person enter in your premises.
security brisbane

Last edited by Alder : May 3rd 13 at 10:39 AM

Burglar Alarms davy12342 UK diy 0 March 9th 08 12:11 AM
Burglar Alarms Roger UK diy 0 January 22nd 07 01:30 PM
wireless burglar alarms-recommendations? tarquinlinbin UK diy 4 July 22nd 05 11:31 PM
OT. I give up and come back here Burglar alarms Old Nick Metalworking 24 January 1st 05 02:19 PM
Manuals for burglar alarms Security Panels UK diy 1 February 18th 04 12:35 PM