tarquinlinbin

Default wireless burglar alarms-recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a good quality system or are they all mostly
rubbish-wired system better??

I know some of the earlier ones werent so good!!

ta

jo

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUMECONFORMOBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.
http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/
jim.gm4dhj

"tarquinlinbin" wrote in message
news
Can anyone recommend a good quality system or are they all mostly
rubbish-wired system better??

I know some of the earlier ones werent so good!!

ta

jo

would have to be MM3 proof.........

Troy

tarquinlinbin wrote :

Can anyone recommend a good quality system or are they all mostly
rubbish-wired system better??

I know some of the earlier ones werent so good!!

I fitted a "Response" SA3 alarm in my house earlier this year (£200 from
B&Q - other options available). So far no problems - in fact I'm amazed
it's working so well - does exactly what it's supposed to do :-)

HTH.
--
Regards,

Troy the Black Lab.
Dave D

"tarquinlinbin" wrote in message
news
Can anyone recommend a good quality system or are they all mostly
rubbish-wired system better??

I know some of the earlier ones werent so good!!

If you can find a way to fit a wired one without too much hassle, avoid
wireless ones. If you do do get a wireless one, make sure it's decent with
plenty of combinations on the wireless remote, or better still disable the
remote altogether. I have a neighbour who had a Response alarm. My friend
who has an identical alarm was standing in my lounge playing with his keyfob
and we noticed the arm/disarm pips from my neighbour's alarm- they were on
the same code!

The neighbour was a rather unpleasant type so naturally we took great
delight in arming/disarming his alarm and setting it off with the panic
button. He eventually reported a fault and Response came out, only to give
it a clean bill of health ;-)

It turns out the keyfobs have only 128 or 256 code combinations, I forget
which it was, so a burglar could quite easily disable your alarm in little
time, even going through all the combinations manually by flicking the
dipswitches. These alarms are so common that I've no doubt burglars have
already cottoned on to this. Building a binary counter addon for the remote
to sequence through all the codes would be extremely trivial.

Dave