Mike Hibbert

Default Wireless Room Stats - Any good?

Hello all,

I want to install a room stat into the new house. I am ok with simple
wiring, but wouldn't particulary want to run long wires to the room with the
stat, so a wireless one seems like a good idea. Are they any good? My
thoughts on things like wireless alarms and wireless doorbell are that they
are not that brilliant.
I am looking at the CM67 - RF from Honeywell
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s...gue_Room_Therm
ostats_by_Honeywell_1184.html as I really like the idea of having the house
warm up by a given time rather than coming on at a set time. The house can
get chilly sometimes and quite warm at others, this would be a good feature.
Has anyone tried one of these and have any views?

Cheers
Mike

Alec

"Mike Hibbert" wrote in message
[...]

I have the non-RF version that works very well.
As regards the RF side of things I have an RF cylinder-stat that works just
fine.
Check-out these guys as well.
http://www.rkm-heating-controls.co.uk/Prices.html
I have had excellent service in the past
Rgds
Alec

Tony Bryer

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s...atalogue_Room_
Thermostats_by_Honeywell_1184.html as I really like the idea of having
the house warm up by a given time rather than coming on at a set
time. The house can get chilly sometimes and quite warm at others,
this would be a good feature. Has anyone tried one of these and
have any views?

We have a non-optimising CM67RF in our church and it works well - it
replaced another make, whose name temporarily escapes me, which had the
unfortunate habit of dropping the radio contact and not restoring it:
bad news in a church when you walk in at 1010 and it's stone cold.

At home I've got a non-RF optimising CM67 but I've just killed the
optimising bit (it's an installer-configurable setting). It was
probably doing what it claimed but I would find the heating running
when IMO it was unnecessary: for me, if I walk in and the rads are warm
and the temperature is increasing I don't really care whether it is 17
or 21. YMMV: as the optimising versions are only a few pounds more and
(as I have done) you can kill it later, give it a go.

Dave Liquorice

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:39:46 GMT, Mike Hibbert wrote:

Are they any good?

Quite happy with my Danfoss TP75 RF. It has lost communication a
couple of times in several years but changing the battery cures that.
Not that the LO BATT indicator was on mind...

I really like the idea of having the house warm up by a given time
rather than coming on at a set time.

The TP75 (I think now superceeded by the TP7000 series, check the
Danfoss site where you can get installtion and user manuals) has this
feature "optimised start" I think they call it. Works well here with a
heating system that has a long (90mins) lead time, in a modern well
insulated house that takes less than 30mins to warm up from say 15C it
might not be so important.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Lawrence

My experience when living in a flat with one was good, it was
controlling a combi boiler. And what I miss now is the ability to set
desired temperatures for time of day. I am still trying to find
something I can use with my new system. Not sure what the make was,
but boiler was in roof space of an abedeen tenemant (top floor flat).

wrote:

Hello all,

I want to install a room stat into the new house. I am ok with simple
wiring, but wouldn't particulary want to run long wires to the room with the
stat, so a wireless one seems like a good idea. Are they any good? My
thoughts on things like wireless alarms and wireless doorbell are that they
are not that brilliant.
I am looking at the CM67 - RF from Honeywell
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s...gue_Room_Therm
ostats_by_Honeywell_1184.html as I really like the idea of having the house
warm up by a given time rather than coming on at a set time. The house can
get chilly sometimes and quite warm at others, this would be a good feature.
Has anyone tried one of these and have any views?

Cheers
Mike

Lawrence

usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk

Nick Pitfield

"Mike Hibbert" wrote in
:

Hello all,

I want to install a room stat into the new house. I am ok with simple
wiring, but wouldn't particulary want to run long wires to the room
with the stat, so a wireless one seems like a good idea. Are they any
good? My thoughts on things like wireless alarms and wireless doorbell
are that they are not that brilliant.
I am looking at the CM67 - RF from Honeywell
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s...atalogue_Room_
Therm ostats_by_Honeywell_1184.html as I really like the idea of
having the house warm up by a given time rather than coming on at a
set time. The house can get chilly sometimes and quite warm at others,
this would be a good feature. Has anyone tried one of these and have
any views?

Got one - love it. 'nuff said !

--

Regards.

Nick Pitfield )
BillR

Mike Hibbert wrote:
Hello all,

I want to install a room stat into the new house. I am ok with simple
wiring, but wouldn't particulary want to run long wires to the room
with the stat, so a wireless one seems like a good idea. Are they any
good? My thoughts on things like wireless alarms and wireless
doorbell are that they are not that brilliant.
I am looking at the CM67 - RF from Honeywell

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s...gue_Room_Therm
ostats_by_Honeywell_1184.html as I really like the idea of having the
house warm up by a given time rather than coming on at a set time.
The house can get chilly sometimes and quite warm at others, this
would be a good feature. Has anyone tried one of these and have any
views?

Cheers
Mike

I fitted on a year ago to a combi boiler in a flat.
Its been very good and packed with more features than the user can get to
grips with :-)
Doddle to fit.

Mike Hibbert

"BillR" wrote in message
Mike Hibbert wrote:
[...]

Hello ,

I ordered one yesterday, so I'm glad you reckon on it being good.

When you say a doddle, is it really that simple?