Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Left the apprentice in Grimsby

"ARW" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
On 15/01/2013 17:45, ARW wrote:

I was put with that apprentice because the boss wants shut of him
- so you
can guess what the boss thinks of me.

Why doesn't the boss just say "Sorry lad, but we don't think you're
cut out for this. Time to move on."?

I can't understand why he hasn't already worked this out for himself.

Is there some reason why an apprentice can't make his own decision to
"give up" ?

That would mean that he has to tell Mummy that he is a lazy ******* and
that he has quit work/got fired. He is still there - but not for long
unless he improves.

The mother has been on the phone to complain about me. It did come as a
complete shock to her that her son is idle "I don't believe that and I
have known him longer than you".

She was even more shocked when she was told to "**** off and stop wasting
my time" by the manager of the firm.

She's unlikely to know about usenet, but if she ever does find out
about it, it might be amusing when the **** hits the fan legally |-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Rod Speed wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
On 15/01/2013 17:45, ARW wrote:

[...]

Well just in case she finds usenet, then I would like it to be on record
that that her son is a lazy workshy waste of space and it will also let her
know that her son has recieved his final written warning.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
GB wrote:
On 15/01/2013 21:33, ARW wrote:

A week's worth of wages for an apprentice = SFA.

They do have some legal rights. You cannot just give them £100 and
tell them to **** off.

It is easier and cheaper to legally sack them or "give" them a
chance to quit.

Are there special rights for apprentices? Otherwise, provided he's
completed less than 2 years employment, he can just be given a week or
two's wages and told to **** off. That's what giving him the sack is.

That's a week or two's wages for free. That's not going to happen.

Nothing wrong with that. It's the degrading, almost sadistic,
treatment you are giving him on top of that that I object to. Plus,
you seem to get a kick out of it, although maybe that's just your
frustration with the kid coming out.

It is frustrating. I means that I am about to watch another one waste his
chance in life.

If encouraging them fails then degrading sadistic abuse before firing them
is the next step.

Personally I would love to see his parents accompany him to work and every
time he answers back, disobeys a direct order or a polite request then I
would punch both his parents in the face and leave the lad alone.

--
Adam

Are you an electrician or a bricklayer?
Bricklayers are noted for being thick.
Looking back in time though, I once fixed a refrigerator for an electrician.
He had the lot in little bits all over the dirty floor of his dirty ****ing
******** of a ****ing ****** council house. He screamed blue murder at the
price. I said I will take the part out and leave the job as I found it.
His big titted bimbo mattress told the brain surgeon to shut the **** up,
she paid me.
Most sparks seem to like that. Big tough men who like watching football on
telly and shouting there stupid empty heads off when a goal is made.

Are you any different Adam?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/01/13 20:18, Jim K wrote:
On Jan 13, 7:36 pm, "ARW" wrote:
Matthias Czech wrote:
Am 13.01.2013 19:56, schrieb ARW:
GB wrote:
On 13/01/2013 18:27, ARW wrote:

He went into the shop and 10 seconds later I left for home.

Written final warning in the morning ..........................

Can I ask why you have an apprentice if you can't cope with them?
You just left him how far from home?

Not far enough.

So he did survive? I is ****ing cold these nights.
At least he had a drink and crisps.

His Mummy picked him up.

bet the version she heard was a tad different from yours.... ;)

Jim K

I bet she'll say thank you ARW
for teaching my little boy a lesson.

bloody teenagers think they know it all,
well i did anyhow!

[g]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/01/13 23:32, Rod Speed wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
On Friday afternoon I called in for fuel at 3.30 pm. There was a
queue at the petrol station a queue at the till and add on to that
all the time it took me to fill the tank with 50 litres of fuel.

The little **** just sat in the passenger seat of the van for 15
minutes until I had got back from paying for the fuel before
announcing that he was going into the petrol station for a drink
and crisps. I said "You can call in the shop if you want to but I
will be
setting off back home in 10 seconds time"

He went into the shop and 10 seconds later I left for home.

Written final warning in the morning ..........................

Doing that could have been a mistake.
You do have a duty of care ......................

Do I have a duty of care in this case?

Probably if the **** does hit the fan with him.

Would a bus driver wait for him at a bus stop for him to go shopping?

You arent a bus driver.

The apprentice is 19 years old and not 9 years old.

You still have a duty of care to your apprentices.

and teaching him this lesson is part of that duty of care
[g]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
GB wrote:
On 15/01/2013 21:33, ARW wrote:

A week's worth of wages for an apprentice = SFA.

They do have some legal rights. You cannot just give them £100 and
tell them to **** off.

It is easier and cheaper to legally sack them or "give" them a
chance to quit.

Are there special rights for apprentices? Otherwise, provided he's
completed less than 2 years employment, he can just be given a week or
two's wages and told to **** off. That's what giving him the sack is.

That's a week or two's wages for free. That's not going to happen.

I can only repeat the point that I have already made:

sacking him via the "warning" process does not avoid that

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

I was put with that apprentice because the boss wants shut of him - so you
can guess what the boss thinks of me.

He thinks, "mmm, Adam gives apprentices a very hard time give him to
Adam he will resign within the week".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:57:06 PM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message

tim..... wrote:

"GB" wrote in message

[...]

Unlikley as niether have been identified or can be relibley identified from this posting, unless adam is going to supply a name and address or a photo of the individual recieving a good hard slap (my fantasy image) then there's little chance of prosecution I'd have thought

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:33:47 PM UTC, Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Jan 16, 12:51*pm, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:53:48 AM UTC, tim..... wrote:

"GB" wrote in message

On 15/01/2013 17:45, ARW wrote:

I was put with that apprentice because the boss wants shut of him - so

you

can guess what the boss thinks of me.

Why doesn't the boss just say "Sorry lad, but we don't think you're cut

out for this. Time to move on."?

I can't understand why he hasn't already worked this out for himself.

Probbaly on one of those govern,ment schemes were it's beyond management to realise that perhaps the perosn doesnt; want that sort of job but have been forced in to it

We have a winner , youth unemployment In the period August-October

2012, 945,000 young people aged 16-24 were unemployed, down 72,000 on

the previous quarter and down 80,000 on the previous year.

You heard about the games helpers.....

Don't you find it strange teh the govenrment know exactly how many are unemployed but havem t a clue how many peole actually live and work.
Thsoe stats are very carefully manupulated .

http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/sn05871

or they won't get their dole money other benfits.

Apart from the Daily Wail reader`s here who are unable to relate the

closure of significant employers like Jessops, HMV et al to the smoke

screen of shirkers versus strivers and the unpleasant innuendo of the

shift worker going to work whilst his neighbour sleeps away on

benefits.

These things do happen next door to me actually.
I dopn;t always blame the kid but when his parents stick to large notices up in theri front garned saying NO smoking this isn't a message to teh whoole mworld just their 'kid' of around 18 I guess, because he sits on the wall with his friends smoking dope, while the parents work.

Without looking it up , vacancies were running at around 500,000 ,

total unemployed 2,500,000 meaning at least 5 people available for

each job.

we had 12 applicants for a job we just advertised.

Significant shifts downwards in youth unemployment may actually be due

to ever more taxpayers cash getting poured into the pockets of outfits

like A4E, running pointless training schemes and fraud ridden

employment placement operations, dosent matter if the youth is at all

interested in the placement, they are potentially worth several

thousand pounds to the placer.

A friend went on one of those A4e what a con the company got paid £13K to give him 3 weeks job experience in something he wasn;t intreseted in.
he took his complaint to the local MP got into the paper with it.

some of it ended up here.
http://www.boycottworkfare.org/

he also wrote to the police (advice from the MP and union) as a4e have had many a fraudlant complaint made against them.

Tolerance to sharp practice in those supervising these schemes is

enforced by neccesity that figues follow "down 72,000 on the previous

quarter and down 80,000 on the previous year." rounded number mantra

suitable for public consumption.

yep makes it easier to fool the stupid

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:45:48 PM UTC,
wrote:
Fredxx wrote:

On 13/01/2013 18:27, ARW wrote:

On Friday afternoon I called in for fuel at 3.30 pm. There was a

queue at the petrol station a queue at the till and add on to
that

all the time it took me to fill the tank with 50 litres of fuel.

The little **** just sat in the passenger seat of the van for 15

minutes until I had got back from paying for the fuel before

announcing that he was going into the petrol station for a
drink and

crisps.

I said "You can call in the shop if you want to but I will be

setting off back home in 10 seconds time"

He went into the shop and 10 seconds later I left for home.

Written final warning in the morning ..........................

Not a smart move on your part. By all means have contempt for
some of

the apprentices, but don't forget they get paid peanuts, and are

easily dismissed.

In this case the apprentice would have little trouble in claiming

constructive dismissal, plus reasonable expenses to get home.

I wonder what your bosses think of you? If it was me, it would
be you

with the written warning.

I was put with that apprentice because the boss wants shut of him -
so you

can guess what the boss thinks of me.

Well he either hates you or admires you for getting things done that
he can't, I'm not sure which.

The last apprentice to go was a bad time keeper. One morning he phoned in to
say his Mium's car would not start due to a flat battery. Now I was already
on the way to my first job when he phoned in and I was passing his house on
the way to the job. I got a call off the boss asking if I had a set of jump
leads on the van (I have) and so was told to call at the apprentices house
to jump start his mothers car or find out if he was lying about the battery.
Less than 2 minutes after phoning in to say the car battery was flat I was
on the driveway with my jump leads. The apprentice was still in his dressing
gown and his mother was still in bed.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

tim..... wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
GB wrote:
On 15/01/2013 21:33, ARW wrote:

A week's worth of wages for an apprentice = SFA.

They do have some legal rights. You cannot just give them £100
and tell them to **** off.

It is easier and cheaper to legally sack them or "give" them a
chance to quit.

Are there special rights for apprentices? Otherwise, provided he's
completed less than 2 years employment, he can just be given a
week or two's wages and told to **** off. That's what giving him
the sack is.

That's a week or two's wages for free. That's not going to happen.

I can only repeat the point that I have already made:

sacking him via the "warning" process does not avoid that

True, but it looks better at a tribunal than just filling in him and firing
him.

That's why we "encourage" the unsuitable ones to quit.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
GB wrote:
On 15/01/2013 21:33, ARW wrote:

A week's worth of wages for an apprentice = SFA.

They do have some legal rights. You cannot just give them £100
and tell them to **** off.

It is easier and cheaper to legally sack them or "give" them a
chance to quit.

Are there special rights for apprentices? Otherwise, provided he's
completed less than 2 years employment, he can just be given a
week or two's wages and told to **** off. That's what giving him
the sack is.

That's a week or two's wages for free. That's not going to happen.

I can only repeat the point that I have already made:

sacking him via the "warning" process does not avoid that

True, but it looks better at a tribunal than just filling in him and
firing him.

how does someone with a few weeks service get to a tribunal?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

tim..... wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
GB wrote:
On 15/01/2013 21:33, ARW wrote:

A week's worth of wages for an apprentice = SFA.

They do have some legal rights. You cannot just give them
£100 and tell them to **** off.

It is easier and cheaper to legally sack them or "give"
them a chance to quit.

Are there special rights for apprentices? Otherwise, provided
he's completed less than 2 years employment, he can just be
given a week or two's wages and told to **** off. That's what
giving him the sack is.

That's a week or two's wages for free. That's not going to
happen.

I can only repeat the point that I have already made:

sacking him via the "warning" process does not avoid that

True, but it looks better at a tribunal than just filling in him and
firing him.

how does someone with a few weeks service get to a tribunal?

How have you come to the conclusion that he has only been there a few weeks?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
GB wrote:
On 15/01/2013 21:33, ARW wrote:

[...]

Do you not have a fire extinguisher to try and sell?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ARW wrote
tim..... wrote
GB wrote
ARW wrote

I was put with that apprentice because the boss wants
shut of him - so you can guess what the boss thinks of me.

Why doesn't the boss just say "Sorry lad, but we don't
think you're cut out for this. Time to move on."?

I can't understand why he hasn't already worked this out for himself.

Is there some reason why an apprentice can't make his own decision to
"give up" ?

Yeah, his stupid Mum won't let him do that.

That would mean that he has to tell Mummy that he
is a lazy ******* and that he has quit work/got fired.
He is still there - but not for long unless he improves.

The mother has been on the phone to complain about me.
It did come as a complete shock to her that her son is idle

Yeah, bet she is actually that stupid.

"I don't believe that and I have known him longer than you".

She was even more shocked when she was told to "**** off
and stop wasting my time" by the manager of the firm.

She's unlikely to know about usenet, but if she ever does find out
about it, it might be amusing when the **** hits the fan legally |-)

Unlikley as niether have been identified

They don't need to have been with what the manage of the firm said to her.

or can be relibley identified from this posting,

Don't need to be either.

unless adam is going to supply a name and address or a photo
of the individual recieving a good hard slap (my fantasy image)
then there's little chance of prosecution I'd have thought

I wasn't talking about a prosecution. Just her getting a lawyer to
monster the firm.

The reason I said it might be amusing is because likely the
manager would tell the lawyer to go and **** himself as
well and hopefully Adam will have enough foresight to
setup for a decent video of him doing that and post it here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Adam Aglionby wrote
whisky-dave wrote
[...]

Not when its so easy to count those receiving the dole.

but havem t a clue how many peole actually live and work.

Much harder to work that stuff out.

Thsoe stats are very carefully manupulated .

Maybe, but they are easy to count too.

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
GB wrote:
On 15/01/2013 21:33, ARW wrote:

[...]

He's an apprentice not pulling his weight

If he's been there a year and the company have only just realised this, it
isn't just him who's at fault

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
GB wrote:
On 15/01/2013 21:33, ARW wrote:

[...]

I'm retired Adam.
I took the *******ing dog out for a walk today, put lead on and had trouble
getting up. My knees are ****ed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/01/2013 19:40, tim..... wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
GB wrote:
On 15/01/2013 21:33, ARW wrote:

[...]

My thoughts as well. It is unfair on others working in the company to
carry him and well as for the lad. His shortcomings should have been
visible much earlier and remedial action leading to dismissal being the
obvious route forward. If he'd work for less than one month then I
thought just one days notice was required.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , tim.....
writes

He's an apprentice not pulling his weight

If he's been there a year and the company have only just realised this,
it isn't just him who's at fault

tim

He left his place of work (the van) for a non-essential reason without
the permission of his immediate supervisor. Not only did he not ask
permission he was expressly told not to leave as said place of work (the
van) was about to leave for next appointment and time was of the
essence.

Had he had a brain he would have simply said "Adam, I need a **** right
now".
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 17/01/2013 19:40, tim..... wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
GB wrote:
On 15/01/2013 21:33, ARW wrote:

[...]

Maybe its taken the stupid kid a while to decide that
he hates the job and has caused him to be much more
of a pain in the arse than he was in the first month etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bert" ] wrote in message
In message , tim.....
writes

He's an apprentice not pulling his weight

If he's been there a year and the company have only just realised this, it
isn't just him who's at fault

tim

He left his place of work (the van) for a non-essential reason without the
permission of his immediate supervisor. Not only did he not ask permission
he was expressly told not to leave as said place of work (the van) was
about to leave for next appointment and time was of the essence.

Had he had a brain he would have simply said "Adam, I need a **** right
now".

Given that Adam claimed he was going for a **** and then
perved in the window to catch the other one using his phone
when he said he wouldn't, I bet Adam would have followed
him into the bog to see if he was lying or not.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 18:20:39 -0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, "ARW" disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

Less than 2 minutes after phoning in to say the car battery was flat I was
on the driveway with my jump leads. The apprentice was still in his dressing
gown and his mother was still in bed.

You should have connected them to the lazy bugger's 'nads. 12v might
not have done much, but jump lead clips are SHARP and the springs are
strong eyes watering.
--

Cheers

DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose whether or not
to dance in the puddles (Jewish proverb).
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 17/01/2013 18:20, ARW wrote:

The last apprentice to go was a bad time keeper. One morning he phoned in to
say his Mium's car would not start due to a flat battery. Now I was already
on the way to my first job when he phoned in and I was passing his house on
the way to the job. I got a call off the boss asking if I had a set of jump
leads on the van (I have) and so was told to call at the apprentices house
to jump start his mothers car or find out if he was lying about the battery.
Less than 2 minutes after phoning in to say the car battery was flat I was
on the driveway with my jump leads. The apprentice was still in his dressing
gown and his mother was still in bed.

I don't know whether you make these stories up from scratch or just
embroider the truth a bit, but that is a good one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bert" ] wrote in message
In message , tim.....
writes

He's an apprentice not pulling his weight

If he's been there a year and the company have only just realised this, it
isn't just him who's at fault

tim

He left his place of work (the van) for a non-essential reason without the
permission of his immediate supervisor. Not only did he not ask permission
he was expressly told not to leave as said place of work (the van) was
about to leave for next appointment and time was of the essence.

Had he had a brain he would have simply said "Adam, I need a **** right
now".

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I though that Adam didn't cut him any slack in
this case because this wasn't his first "offence" (nor the second, third,
fourth or fifth!)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Fredxx wrote:

On 13/01/2013 18:27, ARW wrote:

[...]

So did you jump start them ;-)

--

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday 18 January 2013 13:38 whisky-dave wrote in uk.d-i-y:

massive snip

The last apprentice to go was a bad time keeper. One morning he phoned in
to say his Mium's car would not start due to a flat battery. Now I was
already on the way to my first job when he phoned in and I was passing
this house on the way to the job. I got a call off the boss asking if I
had a set of jump leads on the van (I have) and so was told to call at
the apprentices house to jump start his mothers car or find out if he was
lying about the battery.

Less than 2 minutes after phoning in to say the car battery was flat I
was on the driveway with my jump leads. The apprentice was still in his
dressing gown and his mother was still in bed.

So did you jump start them ;-)

Was that so hard ^^^ ?

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceived SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see:

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Was that so hard ^^^ ?

Yes, because who's going to keep track of what was so hard ;-0

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/01/13 13:38, whisky-dave wrote:
4 pages of doubles spaced repetition snipped

So did you jump start them ;-)

And one line of pathetic comment.

Sorry mate, life's to short to cope with your inability to poduceshort
well formed posts. Bye

*plonk*

--

Adam

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Sorry mate, life's to short to cope with your inability to poduceshort
well formed posts. Bye

*plonk*

--

Adam

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc‘-ra-cy) — a system of government where the least capable to
diminishing number of producers.

Yours appears to have left in two sigs. ;-)

--
*DOES THE LITTLE MERMAID WEAR AN ALGEBRA?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Sorry mate, life's to short to cope with your inability to poduceshort
well formed posts. Bye

*plonk*

--

Adam

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc‘-ra-cy) — a system of government where the least capable to
diminishing number of producers.

Yours appears to have left in two sigs. ;-)

Adam's is not a sig - only "--".

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday 18 January 2013 15:10 whisky-dave wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Was that so hard ^^^ ?

Yes, because who's going to keep track of what was so hard ;-0

There was quite enough context there.

Sigh - I give up.

plonk
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceived SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see:

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, January 18, 2013 3:21:51 PM UTC, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,

whisky-dave wrote:

Was that so hard ^^^ ?

Yes, because who's going to keep track of what was so hard ;-0

Sorry, oh inebriated one, but it's going to have to be *plonk*, because

reading your stuff with all the blank lines and spelling errors has

become too tedious.

yes well I'm sure that will be such a loss to me not having to read your sig over and over again.

--

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 05:38:57 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

176 lines, half of which were space.

Get a grip, willya?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

GB wrote:
On 17/01/2013 18:20, ARW wrote:

The last apprentice to go was a bad time keeper. One morning he
phoned in to say his Mium's car would not start due to a flat
battery. Now I was already on the way to my first job when he
phoned in and I was passing his house on the way to the job. I got
a call off the boss asking if I had a set of jump leads on the van
(I have) and so was told to call at the apprentices house to jump
start his mothers car or find out if he was lying about the
battery. Less than 2 minutes after phoning in to say the car
battery was flat I was on the driveway with my jump leads. The
apprentice was still in his dressing gown and his mother was still
in bed.

I don't know whether you make these stories up from scratch or just
embroider the truth a bit, but that is a good one.

The most annoying thing about that apprentice was that one electrician
offered to pick him up in the morning to help him out. These are trackered
vans and private milage is charged for. The electrician was £3.00 a week
worse off (not a big deal) but 3 times in one week the apprentice was not
ready/up so the electrician stopped the lifts. That is the same apprentice I
punched in the ******** and the same one that another electrician gave a
bloody nose to on the day he was finally sacked.

The apprentice that was given a van to get to and from work as he lives some
distance away is now back on his bike after smashing the van up last week
(not serious he just rear ended someone at traffic lights). He will get it
back when it is repaired - and he did not get a bollocking.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

soup wrote:
ARW wrote:

I was put with that apprentice because the boss wants shut of him -
so you can guess what the boss thinks of me.

He thinks, "mmm, Adam gives apprentices a very hard time give him to
Adam he will resign within the week".

It's easier than that. The guy I work for tells me who he would like to get
a written warning. I have no problems with doing that as they are the ones I
also want to get rid of. If you can get them for gross misconduct then even
better.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Bill wrote:
I had a lad working with me a while back and all he had to do was run
20mm steel conduit along the wall of a brick built block of flats and
around a few corners. An absolute piece of cake job, or so I thought.

Have you ever worked with steel conduit?

Yes, more times than I care to think of and I get it level, well at
least when it is supposed to be! why do you ask?

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been out playing with the snow
in the Lakes and Wales!

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/01/2013 18:39, ARW wrote:
GB wrote:
On 17/01/2013 18:20, ARW wrote:

[...]

Why wasn't he sacked earlier. It sounds as if your boss isn't very
pro-active.

The apprentice that was given a van to get to and from work as he lives some
distance away is now back on his bike after smashing the van up last week
(not serious he just rear ended someone at traffic lights). He will get it
back when it is repaired - and he did not get a bollocking.

I take it he's rather more productive than the average apprentice!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

176 lines, half of which were space.

And he's a waste of space...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill wrote:
I had a lad working with me a while back and all he had to do was run
20mm steel conduit along the wall of a brick built block of flats and
around a few corners. An absolute piece of cake job, or so I thought.

Have you ever worked with steel conduit?

Yes, more times than I care to think of and I get it level, well at
least when it is supposed to be! why do you ask?

The

'all he had to do was run 20mm steel conduit along the wall of a brick
built block of flats and around a few corners.'

bit.

Conduit work is one of the most skilled things most electricians can be
called on to do. And lots can't do it. It's hardly the sort of thing I'd
give to a 'lad' - unless I knew he was competent at it.

--
*When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say? *

New Apprentice ARW UK diy 4 October 25th 12 08:54 AM
That's one less apprentice ARWadsworth UK diy 61 June 25th 12 09:44 PM
The woodworker's apprentice Jeff Woodworking 3 February 11th 08 01:29 AM
Looking For Apprentice-Types... Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 17 October 23rd 07 01:27 PM
Looking For Apprentice-Types... Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 October 19th 07 10:00 PM