Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Left the apprentice in Grimsby

GB wrote:
On 17/01/2013 18:20, ARW wrote:

The last apprentice to go was a bad time keeper. One morning he
phoned in to say his Mium's car would not start due to a flat
battery. Now I was already on the way to my first job when he
phoned in and I was passing his house on the way to the job. I got
a call off the boss asking if I had a set of jump leads on the van
(I have) and so was told to call at the apprentices house to jump
start his mothers car or find out if he was lying about the
battery. Less than 2 minutes after phoning in to say the car
battery was flat I was on the driveway with my jump leads. The
apprentice was still in his dressing gown and his mother was still
in bed.

I don't know whether you make these stories up from scratch or just
embroider the truth a bit, but that is a good one.

The most annoying thing about that apprentice was that one electrician
offered to pick him up in the morning to help him out. These are trackered
vans and private milage is charged for. The electrician was £3.00 a week
worse off (not a big deal) but 3 times in one week the apprentice was not
ready/up so the electrician stopped the lifts. That is the same apprentice I
punched in the ******** and the same one that another electrician gave a
bloody nose to on the day he was finally sacked.

The apprentice that was given a van to get to and from work as he lives some
distance away is now back on his bike after smashing the van up last week
(not serious he just rear ended someone at traffic lights). He will get it
back when it is repaired - and he did not get a bollocking.

--
Adam