Posted to uk.d-i-y
george - dicegeorge george - dicegeorge is offline

Default Left the apprentice in Grimsby

On 13/01/13 23:32, Rod Speed wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
On Friday afternoon I called in for fuel at 3.30 pm. There was a
queue at the petrol station a queue at the till and add on to that
all the time it took me to fill the tank with 50 litres of fuel.

The little **** just sat in the passenger seat of the van for 15
minutes until I had got back from paying for the fuel before
announcing that he was going into the petrol station for a drink
and crisps. I said "You can call in the shop if you want to but I
will be
setting off back home in 10 seconds time"

He went into the shop and 10 seconds later I left for home.

Written final warning in the morning ..........................

Doing that could have been a mistake.
You do have a duty of care ......................

Do I have a duty of care in this case?

Probably if the **** does hit the fan with him.

Would a bus driver wait for him at a bus stop for him to go shopping?

You arent a bus driver.

The apprentice is 19 years old and not 9 years old.

You still have a duty of care to your apprentices.

and teaching him this lesson is part of that duty of care
[g]