Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WI FI Radio

SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

What are her options ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 08:14:33 -0800 (PST), fred wrote:

SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

What are her options ?

Why not a battery powered radio that picks up 198kHz or 92 - 95 ish MHz?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred :
SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the
internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

AAMOI what's wrong with a radio radio?

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/11/2012 16:14, fred wrote:
SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

What are her options ?

Most that are capable of that are also capable of DAB and FM.
Digital radios eat batteries quickly so it is a bad idea!

You will probably find the FM provides the most acceptable quality.

I have a DAB radio (that would run on batteries) that is used on the
internet because it is so lousy at receiving DAB.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:42:04 +0000, Mike Barnes wrote:

SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the
internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

AAMOI what's wrong with a radio radio?

Remember we are talking about a SWMBO'd here, logic doesn't come into it..
And knowing SWMBO'ds Radio 4 may actually mean Radio 4 Extra, that is a
digital only station. You are also making tha assumption that there is a
useable R4 FM or LW signal available (depending on her ethusiaium or not
for Cricket).

As for an "internet radio" Squeeze Boxes are OK but not cheap, but then I
don't think there are any cheap (£30) internet radios out there.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/11/2012 16:14, fred wrote:
SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

What are her options ?

Almost any laptop PC or Mac, Android phone or other similar devices are
possibilities.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:42:04 +0000, Mike Barnes wrote:

SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the
internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

AAMOI what's wrong with a radio radio?

Remember we are talking about a SWMBO'd here, logic doesn't come into it.
And knowing SWMBO'ds Radio 4 may actually mean Radio 4 Extra, that is a
digital only station. You are also making tha assumption that there is a
useable R4 FM or LW signal available (depending on her ethusiaium or not
for Cricket).

As for an "internet radio" Squeeze Boxes are OK but not cheap, but then I
don't think there are any cheap (£30) internet radios out there.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Get a cheap smart phone from tescos for about 30 squid. Use it in wifi mode
with an extension speaker. Works great and can surf the web as well.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/11/2012 16:14, fred wrote:
SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

What are her options ?

Why eat into your bandwidth allowance when there's a perfectly good FM
signal available?
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message

SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the
internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

What are her options ?

--
My iPhone does it quite cheerfully using a free app. My wife uses hers quite
a bit to listen to Classic FM when in her polytunnel & greenhouses. It cuts

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the
internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

What are her options ?

An iPhone or Android device running TuneIn Pro works really well. Sound is
a bit tinny, battery life terrible but the actual application is
impressively good. It replaced my Worldspace radio that I used to get
foreign language stations and it's much better.

I wonder if they do a radio set... googles hmm they license to others,
including Logitech for the squeezebox.

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
On 15/11/2012 16:14, fred wrote:
SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the
internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

What are her options ?

Why eat into your bandwidth allowance when there's a perfectly good FM signal available?

Bandwidth allowance? Are you using the poor people's Internet?

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
An iPhone or Android device running TuneIn Pro works really well. Sound
is a bit tinny, battery life terrible but the actual application is
impressively good. It replaced my Worldspace radio that I used to get
foreign language stations and it's much better.

That's progress? My old Nokia phone has an excellent FM radio built in
with decent sound quality and good battery life...

--
*Sorry, I don't date outside my species.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
An iPhone or Android device running TuneIn Pro works really well. Sound
is a bit tinny, battery life terrible but the actual application is
impressively good. It replaced my Worldspace radio that I used to get
foreign language stations and it's much better.

That's progress? My old Nokia phone has an excellent FM radio built in
with decent sound quality and good battery life...

My Galaxy S2 has FM as well - but OP asked for internet radio...
Honestly not sure of battery life with that running.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/11/2012 18:58, Steve Firth wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:
On 15/11/2012 16:14, fred wrote:
SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the
internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

What are her options ?

Why eat into your bandwidth allowance when there's a perfectly good FM signal available?

More to the point battery powered and DSP radio don't really work.

Bandwidth allowance? Are you using the poor people's Internet?

Satellite has severe monthly quotas and is by no means cheap.

There are plenty of places in rural England where Internet radio stalls
at busy times of day like the early evenings. I get just about enough
bandwidth to stream normal TV but HDTV is out of the question and there
is no prospect of any upgrade here until hell freezes over.

We presently have three BT OpenReach vans parked in the village trying
to sort out the mess they made installing the most recent ADSL
connection and breaking 3 POTS circuits in the process. Three weeks and
counting spent on repairing the collateral damage so far.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:

fred wrote:

SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the
internet

An iPhone or Android device running TuneIn Pro works really well. Sound is
a bit tinny, battery life terrible but the actual application is
impressively good.

+1

Don't forget to turn off the annoying announcements of foolball matches
you can listen to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
An iPhone or Android device running TuneIn Pro works really well. Sound
is a bit tinny, battery life terrible but the actual application is
impressively good. It replaced my Worldspace radio that I used to get
foreign language stations and it's much better.

That's progress? My old Nokia phone has an excellent FM radio built in
with decent sound quality and good battery life...

yawn

Yes Dave, whatever you say. Good luck with picking up RAI or Ngoma or
Africa No 1 on your FM radio.

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice :
On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:42:04 +0000, Mike Barnes wrote:

SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the
internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

AAMOI what's wrong with a radio radio?

Remember we are talking about a SWMBO'd here, logic doesn't come into it.
And knowing SWMBO'ds Radio 4 may actually mean Radio 4 Extra, that is a
digital only station. You are also making tha assumption that there is a
useable R4 FM or LW signal available (depending on her ethusiaium or not
for Cricket).

Well, no, I wasn't making any assumption, I was asking a simple
question. It's always possible that an FM radio with an "Internet Radio"
sticker on it would satisfy the customer. :-)

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:45:37 +0000, Martin Brown
wrote:

On 15/11/2012 16:14, fred wrote:
SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

What are her options ?

Most that are capable of that are also capable of DAB and FM.
Digital radios eat batteries quickly so it is a bad idea!

Some of the Pure or Revo ranges have rechargeable batteries .The Revo
I have runs for about 7 to 8 hours on a charge.
Seems a bit limiting to tie oneself to a mains socket if you are using
a WIFI radio.
I have a Revo Pico IR It's been built to be showerproof I can safely
perch it near the bath or take it down the garden. Been superceded
now by a later model that also has FM and DAB as well.
Some models will be able to let you use the Listen again /Podcasts
feature provided by some stations though occasionally you get an
annoying drop of connection and the programme starts again at the
beginning. Radio 4 extra seems to do that a lot in the evening.
Another feature of Internet radios is the ease of clearly listening to
stations not otherwise available. It has been interesting listening to
WCBS in New York as the City got flooded , shut down and then
gradually came alive again. One of the power distributors was getting
some stick this morning for being too slow at reconnecting. Mustn't
get too smug ,seems they are owned by National Grid so that'll no
doubt end up being less profit for them and higher bills for us then.
They all seem fairly expensive, Cheapest I found is a set from ALDI
that was around the forty poundish mark some years ago . Mains only
and no listen again feature and a bit slow to operate but not too bad
a set once the presets are set up. It has two speakers but too close
to be make much difference over a single one. Both it and the Revo
have a stereo audio out though so can supply headphones or a suitable
amplifier. The quality will vary with how good the Internet stream is
,some are poor, some are better a choice than DAB.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
That's progress? My old Nokia phone has an excellent FM radio built in
with decent sound quality and good battery life...

yawn

Yes Dave, whatever you say. Good luck with picking up RAI or Ngoma or
Africa No 1 on your FM radio.

yawn Yes, pet, whatever you say.

Perhaps you might actually read the post from the OP you replied to. No
mention of 'RAI or Ngoma or Africa No 1' - but of R4. Which my phone gets
very well. In decent quality with decent battery life too.

Are you trying to take over from dribble in answering a question that
hasn't been asked?

--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 08:14:33 -0800, fred wrote:

SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the
internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

What are her options ?

Many and varied.

SWMBO listens to R4 a lot; I bought her a Roberts Solar DAB/FM radio:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roberts-DAB-...PQ/ref=sr_1_1?
ie=UTF8&qid=1353020270&sr=8-1

It has cheaply-replaceable AA rechargeables but will run on alkalines (throw a switch in the battery
compartment); stood on an east-facing window ledge it never needs mains recharging from March to October.

I think the speaker is 67mm, and I suggest you don't get a radio with a smaller one.

I have a Pure Evoke Flow FM/DAB/WiFi:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PURE-EVOKE-P...YU/ref=sr_1_1?
ie=UTF8&qid=1353020543&sr=8-1

Excellent sound and plenty of it, but not cheap and the battery and remote (a very useful extra) add to the cost.

--
Terry Fields
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
And a decent FM radio will run for about ten times longer.

My first battery portable (very early transistor) was AM only. Battery in
that lasted forever. Next came an FM one - not nearly as good battery
life. DAB even shorter. Is an 'internet' one worse still?

--
*I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
That's progress? My old Nokia phone has an excellent FM radio built in
with decent sound quality and good battery life...

yawn

Yes Dave, whatever you say. Good luck with picking up RAI or Ngoma or
Africa No 1 on your FM radio.

yawn Yes, pet, whatever you say.

Perhaps you might actually read the post from the OP you replied to. No
mention of 'RAI or Ngoma or Africa No 1' - but of R4. Which my phone gets
very well. In decent quality with decent battery life too.

Are you trying to take over from dribble in answering a question that
hasn't been asked?

AYOTB?

I gave the reasons why *I* like Tune In Pro radio. I did not say it was a
reccomended or the only way to listen to R4.

Still good to hear you have some manky old phone that can receive only one
station. Very useful. Obviously if it receives more stations than R4 then
it is useless, according to your bizarre standards.

Oh BTW he also said the requirement was to pick up R4 *via the internet*.
Can your tatty old phone do that? Or are you trying to take over from
Drivel by answering an unasked question?

And let's face it, even had the question been for advice on how to pick up
R4 on FM, your answer - use a Nokia phone would be ****witted enough to be
a Drivel answer.

Coming next Dave advises how to knock in nails using his forehead, because
hammers are some pointless modern invention.

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Most that are capable of that are also capable of DAB and FM.
Digital radios eat batteries quickly so it is a bad idea!

Some of the Pure or Revo ranges have rechargeable batteries .The Revo
I have runs for about 7 to 8 hours on a charge.
Seems a bit limiting to tie oneself to a mains socket if you are using
a WIFI radio.

And a decent FM radio will run for about ten times longer.

Horses for courses, this a fringe area and the main FM set needs it's
loft aerial. The old portables need the rod aerials extended and they
always seem to be in the way and there is still hiss at times and
listening to medium wave hasn't been the same since coming from a boat
was a valid excuse for a wooly sound.
Although it doesn't apply to the national stations so much if I'm
listening to a our BBC local and Bloody Football takes over I can
catch the regular programme over the net from the originating region.
That will happen less in the New Year with BBC cutbacks but will still
be valid occasionally.and if I don't like the replacement English
regional the that BBC will be offering it will be no problem to scour
the world for something else. And how can you do listen again on FM?
Like the HD recorder has made time shifting TV programmes almost the
norm for many, an Internet set can do the same for radio.
Battery time of 8 hours on a charge is more than adequate, I've no
need to spend 80 hours in the bath or down the garden before plugging
it in again and I doubt many others need to , If the set used U2's at
the rate of four a day it might be something to worry about.
I'm not sure it would last ten times longer anyway , have used the set
on FM a few times as it was a convenient thing to do ,can't say I
noticed it lasted that much more. Internet radio is more efficient
than DAB.
G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
And a decent FM radio will run for about ten times longer.

My first battery portable (very early transistor) was AM only. Battery in
that lasted forever. Next came an FM one - not nearly as good battery
life. DAB even shorter. Is an 'internet' one worse still?

The pure one flow I bought in asdas clearence sale needs a ~7000mA
li-ion battery pack and it doesn't last long when using wifi.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH RJH is offline

On 15/11/2012 18:25, Andrew Mawson wrote:
My iPhone does it quite cheerfully using a free app. My wife uses hers
quite a bit to listen to Classic FM when in her polytunnel &
greenhouses. It cuts out briefly as she moves around the site and the
phone changes from one wireless hub to another (in the vegetable garden
she connects to the barn hub, and elsewhere to the farm office or house
hubs but the iphone does that automatically)

My iPhone does it quite cheerfully using a free app. My wife uses hers
quite a bit to listen to Classic FM when in her polytunnel &
greenhouses. It cuts out briefly as she moves around the site and the
phone changes from one wireless hub to another (in the vegetable garden
she connects to the barn hub, and elsewhere to the farm office or house
hubs but the iphone does that automatically)

* Out of interest, does the mobile data connection kick in when out of
wireless range? If so, one to watch, as with my contract at least I'd be
reaching my limit very quickly (think you'd be loked at about 50MB/Hr).
Caught out by this recently.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The one thing this doesn't do is battery power:

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/produc.../airstream-10/

However if battery is "negotiable", then I strongly recommend the Airstream - particularly if you like iconic/novel product design.

Combined FM/DAB/Internet or FM/Internet models.

What makes it though is its superb build quality and thoroughly well sorted out interface/controls.

Internet via wifi or rj45, but radio is extendible aerial only, no ext antenna jack (for me that is the only shortcoming).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monitor-Audi...3055557&sr=8-1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The one thing this doesn't do is battery power:
http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/produc.../airstream-10/

I bet Mr & Mrs Besotted are going to be ****ed off when they have to
have an ugly mains lead trailing over their minimalist worktop.

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/assets/components/gallery/files/2010/12/as10-2.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:58:41 +0000 (UTC), Steve Firth wrote:

Why eat into your bandwidth allowance when there's a perfectly good FM
signal available?

Bandwidth allowance? Are you using the poor people's Internet?

Most mobile phones have a download limit... As some one has pointed out
if using a mobile make sure it doesn't drop across to 3G if it loses the
WiFi...

A 128kbps stream is roughly 60MBhr and will chomp through 1GB in around
16 hours. (If I've got the maths right...).

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:55:06 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Many seem to use their smartphones for this sort of stuff.

You seen the unsubsidised price of smartphones? B-)

But if you already have a WiFi smartphone (or an old one in a drawer) and
some means of connecting to decent speakers it might not be a bad option.

Tried the TuneIn (free, ad supported version) app mentioned earlier on an
Android tablet. Very slick and easy to use.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15-11-2012 16:14, fred wrote:
SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

What are her options ?

As others have said the TunedIn radio app, free or paid for Pro version
which allows you to record.

Assuming that you have a smartphone. Just connect it to some audio
equipment with a suitable cable if you want decent sound output.

Don't have smart phone? Then pick up a cheap android phone from Ebay. No
need to use a sim since you are only using it as a wifi device.

Maybe buy a nexus 7 tablet. Then it can be a radio, tv and so much more.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:01:31 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

I bet Mr & Mrs Besotted are going to be ****ed off when they have to
have an ugly mains lead trailing over their minimalist worktop.

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/assets...ry/files/2010/
12/as10-2.jpg

And when the car keys go and hide behind that stepped forward bit.

And it doesn't look like you can see the display unless you are standing
over it. So you hear something you like but don't know artist/track you
can't simply glance at the set and see what it is.

Form over function again...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

You seen the unsubsidised price of smartphones? B-)

Yes, they tend to sell like hotcakes

http://play.google.com/store/devices...id=nexus_4_8gb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2012 09:15, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:55:06 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Many seem to use their smartphones for this sort of stuff.

You seen the unsubsidised price of smartphones? B-)

But if you already have a WiFi smartphone (or an old one in a drawer) and
some means of connecting to decent speakers it might not be a bad option.

Tried the TuneIn (free, ad supported version) app mentioned earlier on an
Android tablet. Very slick and easy to use.

Doesn't have to be a smartphone. Works just as well on an iPod touch and
the first generation ones can probably be picked up cheaply secondhand.
And she can store her music on it as well. Or, record from the radio
using Tunein Pro.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
That's progress? My old Nokia phone has an excellent FM radio built in
with decent sound quality and good battery life...

yawn

Yes Dave, whatever you say. Good luck with picking up RAI or Ngoma or
Africa No 1 on your FM radio.

yawn Yes, pet, whatever you say.

Perhaps you might actually read the post from the OP you replied to.
No mention of 'RAI or Ngoma or Africa No 1' - but of R4. Which my
phone gets very well. In decent quality with decent battery life too.

Are you trying to take over from dribble in answering a question that
hasn't been asked?

AYOTB?

I gave the reasons why *I* like Tune In Pro radio. I did not say it was a
reccomended or the only way to listen to R4.

And I gave my recommendation for listening to R4 or any other FM station
while on the move. With decent quality and battery life.

Still good to hear you have some manky old phone that can receive only
one station. Very useful. Obviously if it receives more stations than
R4 then it is useless, according to your bizarre standards.

Were you born a ****** or did you have to learn how to be one in that
public library?

Oh BTW he also said the requirement was to pick up R4 *via the internet*.
Can your tatty old phone do that? Or are you trying to take over from
Drivel by answering an unasked question?

And poor audio and poor battery consumption is your answer?

And let's face it, even had the question been for advice on how to pick
up R4 on FM, your answer - use a Nokia phone would be ****witted enough
to be a Drivel answer.

As was yours about using a phone etc where the OP obviously wanted some
form of portable radio.

--
*I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
[snip]

And let's face it, even had the question been for advice on how to pick
up R4 on FM, your answer - use a Nokia phone would be ****witted enough
to be a Drivel answer.

As was yours about using a phone etc where the OP obviously wanted some
form of portable radio.

Shame a slack handful of people disagree with you, eh? Err and you do note
the massive hypocrisy of your response, given that you are pushing a phone
that doesn't even work via the Internet?

I have a different opinion about teachers to you, get over it. My brother
is a mechanic BTW, does that mean all mechanics are above criticism?
Alternatively are you just raising teachers to infallible sainthood or do
add in those other saints the nurses "God bless 'em!"

Although I'd like to see the latter showing some professionalism and
actually doing the job instead of yakking all night and texting their
mates.

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
[snip]

And let's face it, even had the question been for advice on how to
pick up R4 on FM, your answer - use a Nokia phone would be ****witted
enough to be a Drivel answer.

As was yours about using a phone etc where the OP obviously wanted
some form of portable radio.

Shame a slack handful of people disagree with you, eh? Err and you do
note the massive hypocrisy of your response, given that you are pushing
a phone that doesn't even work via the Internet?

[Sigh] I simply offered a solution to the poor sound quality and battery
life you seem to have with your iPhone. But, of course no comment on that
perfect device is allowed by you.

I have a different opinion about teachers to you, get over it. My
brother is a mechanic BTW, does that mean all mechanics are above
criticism?

I'd suggest you actually read what you wrote about teachers...

Alternatively are you just raising teachers to infallible
sainthood or do add in those other saints the nurses "God bless 'em!"

Most live in a world where things ain't all black or white. What world do
you come from?

Although I'd like to see the latter showing some professionalism and
actually doing the job instead of yakking all night and texting their
mates.

Something else you've made a study of one, then, and proclaim on?

--
*A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:14:33 PM UTC, fred wrote:
SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

What are her options ?

Thanks to all for the input.

FM and LW reception is too poor in this case hence the suggested WiFi radio..

She had an old battery powered Sony FM/MW/LW for yonks but it is rapidly expiring and the newer version I have is hopeless at LW reception.

Wasn't aware of the power consumption problems with WiFi radio making battery operation problematical.

TuneIn on her iPhone sounds like a good idea though she doesn't like buds or cans and likes to carry the radio from room to room Perhaps a small speaker might fit the bill. She has streaming radio in the kitchen and I suggested extending this to the other rooms but no, wouldn't do at all. Must be a portable

Ah well.

C.B. RADIO [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 December 16th 08 08:15 PM
Adding an FM radio to a valve/tube car radio N_Cook Electronics Repair 12 July 16th 08 10:46 AM
car fm radio Nicky Electronics Repair 2 July 6th 07 05:02 AM
HD Radio Oppie[_2_] Electronic Schematics 42 April 13th 07 12:41 PM
Am radio Hum Jeff Dieterle Electronics Repair 4 September 9th 06 03:27 PM