Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default WI FI Radio

Many seem to use their smartphones for this sort of stuff.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:42:04 +0000, Mike Barnes wrote:

SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the
internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

AAMOI what's wrong with a radio radio?

Remember we are talking about a SWMBO'd here, logic doesn't come into it.
And knowing SWMBO'ds Radio 4 may actually mean Radio 4 Extra, that is a
digital only station. You are also making tha assumption that there is a
useable R4 FM or LW signal available (depending on her ethusiaium or not
for Cricket).

As for an "internet radio" Squeeze Boxes are OK but not cheap, but then I
don't think there are any cheap (£30) internet radios out there.

--
Cheers
Dave.