Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default WI FI Radio

On Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:14:33 PM UTC, fred wrote:
SWMBO wants a battery operated radio that can pick up Radio 4 via the internet (we have a domestic wifi network.

What are her options ?

Thanks to all for the input.

FM and LW reception is too poor in this case hence the suggested WiFi radio..

She had an old battery powered Sony FM/MW/LW for yonks but it is rapidly expiring and the newer version I have is hopeless at LW reception.

Wasn't aware of the power consumption problems with WiFi radio making battery operation problematical.

TuneIn on her iPhone sounds like a good idea though she doesn't like buds or cans and likes to carry the radio from room to room Perhaps a small speaker might fit the bill. She has streaming radio in the kitchen and I suggested extending this to the other rooms but no, wouldn't do at all. Must be a portable

Ah well.