Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Eternal September

Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:

Anyone been getting any problems lately?

I only use E-S for one group, but no problems with it there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It happens that Hugh - Was Invisible formulated :
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons and
passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as well as
new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

No problem with it here, at all.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2011 08:59, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It happens that Hugh - Was Invisible formulated :
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for
signons and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've
viewed as well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time
to plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for
uk.diy.

No problem with it here, at all.

Thanks. Looks like it is a Thunderbird problem. I only use it for
newsgroups and RSS and will have to research whether there are now
better options available.

Recently switched from Firefox to Chrome after loads of page loading
problems.

I have used Firefox and Thunderbird for years but perhaps it is time to
move on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 09:53:03 +0000, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:

[...]

On ES with Dialog and no problems at all. I am via Port 443 (SSL) as the
'common' port (119?) can be slowed by ISPs if binary traffic gets too much.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:38:50 +0000, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:

Anyone been getting any problems lately?

No problems here.

cheers

Jules

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jules Richardson wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:38:50 +0000, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:

Anyone been getting any problems lately?

No problems here.

cheers

Jules

Apart from double posting you mean?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Everything works OK here on Thunderbird (ver 3.1.7). I use Firefox 4.0
as well.

Another Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2011 14:24, Another Dave wrote:
On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Everything works OK here on Thunderbird (ver 3.1.7). I use Firefox 4.0
as well.

Another Dave

Also on Thunderbird and Etern... no problems at all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for
signons and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've
viewed as well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time
to plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for
uk.diy.

No problems with Eternal September, Thunderbird or Firefox here

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Same here, again with t/bird.

I don't know it t/bird borked and forgot my logon credentials, or what.

Working now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:44:53 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
No problems here.

cheers

Jules

Apart from double posting you mean?

Urgh, when I typed that I almost said "and it's not even double-posted in
a while" :-/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2011 17:15, Ron Lowe wrote:
On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Same here, again with t/bird.

I don't know it t/bird borked and forgot my logon credentials, or what.

Working now.

Over the last week thunderbird has been asking for the login to Eternal
September, no idea why but it asks me every 10 mins as per my setting

--
Corporal Jones
"Don't panic don't panic"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Corporal Jones wrote:
On 17/11/2011 17:15, Ron Lowe wrote:
On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Same here, again with t/bird.

I don't know it t/bird borked and forgot my logon credentials, or what.

Working now.

Over the last week thunderbird has been asking for the login to Eternal
September, no idea why but it asks me every 10 mins as per my setting

When I had an issue like that I deleted the entire account and
re-installed it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Corporal Jones wrote:
[...]

It went rocky for about 24 hours then it seemed fine for a short while.
Then it went rocky again but currently it has not put a foot wrong for
the last day or 2.

It has happened on 2 or 3 previous occasions over the last few years
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Just done it again.
Had to re-enter my credentials, and all messages marked as un-read.

None of the other news-server accounts are affected, just ES.

--
Ron

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/11/2011 22:49, Ron Lowe wrote:
On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Just done it again.
Had to re-enter my credentials, and all messages marked as un-read.

None of the other news-server accounts are affected, just ES.

I am the OP and same has happened here again. Have Installed Opera 11.60
Beta but have not got round to working out how to set it up as a NG
reader and for RSS
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/11/2011 08:25, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
On 23/11/2011 22:49, Ron Lowe wrote:
On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Just done it again.
Had to re-enter my credentials, and all messages marked as un-read.

None of the other news-server accounts are affected, just ES.

I am the OP and same has happened here again. Have Installed Opera 11.60
Beta but have not got round to working out how to set it up as a NG
reader and for RSS

Should have mentioned that others suggest that this problem has only
occurred using Thunderbird
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Hugh - Was Invisible writes:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Well, I didn't have that problem, but in the last 24 hours, it seems
to have missed loads of postings, including some posted through it.
It doesn't have those articles available at all.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

snip

My Eternal September seems to be missing some postings too, they won't
show until re-open Thunderbird and enter my credentials...

--
David