Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Eternal September, offline?

Is it just me, or is Eternal September offline? Can't get
connected.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Anthony Valastrano wrote:
Is it just me, or is Eternal September offline? Can't get
connected.

NFG here too....

Cant even reach their website.

http://eternalseptember.org

Maybe Wolfgang didn't pay his electric bill.

You get what you pay for...

Jeff (Using giganews for three bucks a month.)

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Eternal September, offline? Oops

jeff_wisnia wrote:

Anthony Valastrano wrote:

Is it just me, or is Eternal September offline? Can't get connected.

NFG here too....

Cant even reach their website.

http://eternalseptember.org

Maybe Wolfgang didn't pay his electric bill.

You get what you pay for...

Jeff (Using giganews for three bucks a month.)

I left the hyphen out of the website URL

http://eternal-september.org

Is still there, but the news server looks kaput.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Eternal September, offline? One more time...

jeff_wisnia wrote:

jeff_wisnia wrote:

Anthony Valastrano wrote:

Is it just me, or is Eternal September offline? Can't get connected.

NFG here too....

Cant even reach their website.

http://eternalseptember.org

Maybe Wolfgang didn't pay his electric bill.

You get what you pay for...

Jeff (Using giganews for three bucks a month.)

I left the hyphen out of the website URL

http://eternal-september.org

Is still there, but the news server looks kaput.

Jeff

I'm aving a VERY bad day. The URL is:

http://www.eternal-september.org/

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Anthony Valastrano wrote:
Is it just me, or is Eternal September offline? Can't get
connected.

Just came back up for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

G. Morgan wrote:
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 22:12:27 -0500, jeff_wisnia
wrote:

I'm aving a VERY bad day. The URL is:

- h- you're welcome
http://www.eternal-september.org/

Yes it is down.

It was down earlier today but I'm posting from it now.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Anthony Valastrano wrote:
Is it just me, or is Eternal September offline? Can't get
connected.

Did not go off line for me but now every time I want to look at a group
it asks if I want to subscribe and treats as a second group. Wonder
what gives?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Testing! Testing!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"jeff_wisnia" wrote in
message

http://eternal-september.org

Is still there, but the news server looks kaput.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Me, too. I was offline.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob F" wrote in message
Anthony Valastrano wrote:
Is it just me, or is Eternal September offline? Can't get
connected.

Just came back up for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dunno, Tony. I was offline much of Sunday.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Anthony Valastrano" wrote in
message ...
Is it just me, or is Eternal September offline? Can't get
connected.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:38:10 -0500, Anthony Valastrano wrote:

Is it just me, or is Eternal September offline? Can't get
connected.

Didn't try yesterday, when you posted, but it's been a little erratic for
a few days now for me - slow to connect, posting sometimes fails etc.

Not sure if it's just down to the volume of users, hardware issues, or if
some moron's trying a DoS attack on their server(s)...

cheers

Jules

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Anthony Valastrano" wrote in message
Is it just me, or is Eternal September offline? Can't get
connected.

It went off-line sunday night.

You can check here for server status

Green = online

Red = off

http://www.eternal-september.org/ser...hp?language=en

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:28:28 -0600, "Master Betty"
wrote:

"Anthony Valastrano" wrote in message
Is it just me, or is Eternal September offline? Can't get
connected.

It went off-line sunday night.

You can check here for server status

Green = online

Red = off

http://www.eternal-september.org/ser...hp?language=en

Jim

Can also PING the server from a command prompt.

Sample:

C:\ping news.eternal-september.org

Pinging news.eternal-september.org [188.40.43.213] with 32 bytes of
data:

Ping statistics for 188.40.43.213:
Posted to alt.home.repair

Lastnight, it was offline for me. This AM, back on. My guess
is too many users, and not enough capacity.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jules" wrote
in message
news On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:38:10 -0500, Anthony Valastrano
wrote:

Is it just me, or is Eternal September offline? Can't get
connected.

Didn't try yesterday, when you posted, but it's been a
little erratic for
a few days now for me - slow to connect, posting sometimes
fails etc.

Not sure if it's just down to the volume of users, hardware
issues, or if
some moron's trying a DoS attack on their server(s)...

cheers

Jules

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Lastnight, it was offline for me. This AM, back on. My guess is too
many users, and not enough capacity.

Hows about server upgrades or maintenance? The service runs
on donations a know.

TDD

Ray was sleeping and he is THE maintainer.
There is an E-S support newsgroup.

Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair

LouB wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Lastnight, it was offline for me. This AM, back on. My guess is too
many users, and not enough capacity.

Hows about server upgrades or maintenance? The service runs
on donations a know.

TDD

Ray was sleeping and he is THE maintainer.
There is an E-S support newsgroup.

Lou

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! It can happen. Computer hardware doesn't fail
as often as it did in the old days when all the logic and memory
circuits were constructed with discrete components. I repaired
some crane controls back in the late 70's and each circuit card
was a separate op amp, comparator or logic circuit made up of
separate transistors, resistors, capacitors, etc. One card I saw
had MOV's that were the size of AA batteries. It was a lot of
fun sorting all that out.

TDD