DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Eternal September (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/331913-eternal-september.html)

Hugh - Was Invisible November 17th 11 08:38 AM

Eternal September

Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Andy Burns[_7_] November 17th 11 08:44 AM

Eternal September

Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:

Anyone been getting any problems lately?

I only use E-S for one group, but no problems with it there.

Harry Bloomfield[_3_] November 17th 11 08:59 AM

Eternal September

It happens that Hugh - Was Invisible formulated :
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons and
passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as well as
new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

No problem with it here, at all.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Hugh - Was Invisible November 17th 11 09:53 AM

Eternal September

On 17/11/2011 08:59, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It happens that Hugh - Was Invisible formulated :
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for
signons and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've
viewed as well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time
to plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for
uk.diy.

No problem with it here, at all.

Thanks. Looks like it is a Thunderbird problem. I only use it for
newsgroups and RSS and will have to research whether there are now
better options available.

Recently switched from Firefox to Chrome after loads of page loading
problems.

I have used Firefox and Thunderbird for years but perhaps it is time to
move on.

PeterC November 17th 11 11:17 AM

Eternal September

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 09:53:03 +0000, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:

[...]

On ES with Dialog and no problems at all. I am via Port 443 (SSL) as the
'common' port (119?) can be slowed by ISPs if binary traffic gets too much.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Jules Richardson November 17th 11 01:39 PM

Eternal September

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:38:50 +0000, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:

Anyone been getting any problems lately?

No problems here.

cheers

Jules

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] November 17th 11 01:44 PM

Eternal September

Jules Richardson wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:38:50 +0000, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:

Anyone been getting any problems lately?

No problems here.

cheers

Jules

Apart from double posting you mean?

Another Dave November 17th 11 02:24 PM

Eternal September

On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Everything works OK here on Thunderbird (ver 3.1.7). I use Firefox 4.0
as well.

Another Dave

Moonraker[_2_] November 17th 11 03:24 PM

Eternal September

On 17/11/2011 14:24, Another Dave wrote:
On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Everything works OK here on Thunderbird (ver 3.1.7). I use Firefox 4.0
as well.

Another Dave

Also on Thunderbird and Etern... no problems at all.

gremlin_95[_3_] November 17th 11 04:10 PM

Eternal September

On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for
signons and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've
viewed as well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time
to plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for
uk.diy.

No problems with Eternal September, Thunderbird or Firefox here :)

--
David

Ron Lowe[_3_] November 17th 11 05:15 PM

Eternal September

On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Same here, again with t/bird.

I don't know it t/bird borked and forgot my logon credentials, or what.

Working now.

Jules Richardson November 18th 11 04:13 AM

Eternal September

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:44:53 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
No problems here.

cheers

Jules

Apart from double posting you mean?

Urgh, when I typed that I almost said "and it's not even double-posted in
a while" :-/

Corporal Jones[_2_] November 18th 11 05:20 PM

Eternal September

On 17/11/2011 17:15, Ron Lowe wrote:
On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Same here, again with t/bird.

I don't know it t/bird borked and forgot my logon credentials, or what.

Working now.

Over the last week thunderbird has been asking for the login to Eternal
September, no idea why but it asks me every 10 mins as per my setting

--
Corporal Jones
"Don't panic don't panic"

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] November 18th 11 05:26 PM

Eternal September

Corporal Jones wrote:
On 17/11/2011 17:15, Ron Lowe wrote:
On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Same here, again with t/bird.

I don't know it t/bird borked and forgot my logon credentials, or what.

Working now.

Over the last week thunderbird has been asking for the login to Eternal
September, no idea why but it asks me every 10 mins as per my setting

When I had an issue like that I deleted the entire account and
re-installed it.

Hugh - Was Invisible November 18th 11 06:07 PM

Eternal September

Corporal Jones wrote:
[...]

It went rocky for about 24 hours then it seemed fine for a short while.
Then it went rocky again but currently it has not put a foot wrong for
the last day or 2.

It has happened on 2 or 3 previous occasions over the last few years

Ron Lowe[_3_] November 23rd 11 10:49 PM

Eternal September

On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Just done it again.
Had to re-enter my credentials, and all messages marked as un-read.

None of the other news-server accounts are affected, just ES.

--
Ron

Hugh - Was Invisible November 24th 11 08:25 AM

Eternal September

On 23/11/2011 22:49, Ron Lowe wrote:
On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Just done it again.
Had to re-enter my credentials, and all messages marked as un-read.

None of the other news-server accounts are affected, just ES.

I am the OP and same has happened here again. Have Installed Opera 11.60
Beta but have not got round to working out how to set it up as a NG
reader and for RSS

Hugh - Was Invisible November 24th 11 08:31 AM

Eternal September

On 24/11/2011 08:25, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
On 23/11/2011 22:49, Ron Lowe wrote:
On 17/11/2011 08:38, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Just done it again.
Had to re-enter my credentials, and all messages marked as un-read.

None of the other news-server accounts are affected, just ES.

I am the OP and same has happened here again. Have Installed Opera 11.60
Beta but have not got round to working out how to set it up as a NG
reader and for RSS

Should have mentioned that others suggest that this problem has only
occurred using Thunderbird

Andrew Gabriel December 10th 11 02:51 PM

Eternal September

In article ,
Hugh - Was Invisible writes:
Anyone been getting any problems lately?

Twice in the last week I have been getting loads of requests for signons
and passwords and when it does come back it lists posts I've viewed as
well as new ones.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I do not have time to
plough through 8000 plus posts it is showing me this morning for uk.diy.

Well, I didn't have that problem, but in the last 24 hours, it seems
to have missed loads of postings, including some posted through it.
It doesn't have those articles available at all.

--
Andrew Gabriel

[email protected] December 11th 11 09:43 PM

Eternal September

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 14:51:15 +0000 (UTC),
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Well, I didn't have that problem, but in the last 24 hours, it seems
to have missed loads of postings, including some posted through it.
It doesn't have those articles available at all.

Yep. Vanished without trace, it seems. The last time this happened the
missing articles were burped up out of the blue over the next few
days.

MM December 12th 11 05:22 AM

Eternal September

(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Well, I didn't have that problem, but in the last 24 hours, it seems
to have missed loads of postings, including some posted through it.
It doesn't have those articles available at all.

Yep. Vanished without trace, it seems. The last time this happened the
missing articles were burped up out of the blue over the next few
days.

I lost posts, too, in uk.legal. Posted 'em again, Agent said "Grrr,
these have already been posted!" I posted them again anyway. Next day
two postings for each message turned up.

MM

gremlin_95[_3_] December 12th 11 08:44 PM

Eternal September

snip

My Eternal September seems to be missing some postings too, they won't
show until re-open Thunderbird and enter my credentials...

--
David