Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A funny thing happened to me on the way to Norwich...

...well there I was just having picked up a pie and a coke from my fave
shop, and off down the road, and the Freelander started hissing at me.

Odd.

It got worse.

Sounded like a demented snake.

Then the power which had been off, got worse.

Then I noticed it was smoking ..and finally I was getting little orange
lights telling me the EMS was unhappy. I had by this time a pretty fair
idea that the turbo was blowing, or blown...fancied a dodgy wastegate..

Turned back and limped to the local grease monkey, who was out to lunch.
Really. So I poked around at the turbo hosing and me finger went right
through it and came out covered in black gunk same as was sprayed all
across the front of the engine compartment.

Arrgh. I had figured it right. Turbo hose blown, no pressure, no power,
to little air=too much fuel, EMS confused, giving up..

Anyway the grease monkey gaffer taped it up, and after an initial start
that blew clouds of turbo oil out into the nice Suffolk day, its running
perfectly.

New hose arrives tomorrow.

Moral. Carry gaffer tape. ALWAYS. And just because the grease monkey
looks like something out of a trailer trash movie, doesn't mean he isn't
damned knowledgeable and helpful.

And of course it was last week the Sunvic thermostat simply died..now
replaced, yesterday the MAC OSX hard disk died, now replaced..and I had
to take my mother to hospital..and a complete reinstall of
everything....and today the turbo hose blew..

it's been one of those weeks really..

Just in case your existence has been blighted, remember, it could be worse..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-02-06 22:41:13 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Just in case your existence has been blighted, remember, it could be worse..

"They said smile - things could be worse. So I smiled and they got worse"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I had
to take my mother to hospital..and a complete reinstall of
everything.

How did that work then ?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I had
to take my mother to hospital..and a complete reinstall of everything.

How did that work then ?

It was only a fix to the peripherals. Nothing to be done on the mother
board. Memory access is highly voltaile and totally random, and only the
stuff in the PRAM really works at all :-(

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I had
to take my mother to hospital..and a complete reinstall of
everything.

How did that work then ?

Dave

A Les Dawson sketch comes to mind for some reason ;-))

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Natural
Philosopher scribeth thus
Dave wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I had
to take my mother to hospital..and a complete reinstall of everything.

How did that work then ?

It was only a fix to the peripherals. Nothing to be done on the mother
board. Memory access is highly voltaile and totally random, and only the
stuff in the PRAM really works at all :-(

Dave

Mock ye not, we'll all be there one day;!..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Moral.

Don't buy ****ty Land Rover products.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
In article , The Natural
Philosopher scribeth thus

Dave wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I had
to take my mother to hospital..and a complete reinstall of everything.

How did that work then ?

It was only a fix to the peripherals. Nothing to be done on the mother
board. Memory access is highly voltaile and totally random, and only the
stuff in the PRAM really works at all :-(

Dave

Mock ye not, we'll all be there one day;!..

Regrettably, but until I get there, my sense of humour will survive :-)

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
In article , The Natural
Philosopher scribeth thus
Dave wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I had
to take my mother to hospital..and a complete reinstall of everything.
How did that work then ?

It was only a fix to the peripherals. Nothing to be done on the mother
board. Memory access is highly voltaile and totally random, and only the
stuff in the PRAM really works at all :-(

Dave

Mock ye not, we'll all be there one day;!..

Less mockery, than a fairly accurate rendition of her state.

Watching someones worldview disintegrate as more and more of the brain
loses oxygen supply, is interesting, but not actually very amusing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Moral.

Don't buy ****ty Land Rover products.

Actually, its a very decent car. the BMW engine is the best they ever
fitted to that range.

Mind at least it got me home: Some cars would have sat there at the
roadside protesting 'I can't cope with this'

The hose was a mere £5.19

Its all back up and running. More power than I can remember and a lot
lower fuel burn judging by the sound..it now sounds 'on tune' and it
hasn't been like that for 6 months, so I reckon this problem has been
there awhile.

It's not new either..that car.. so I can't say its any worse than
anything else.

The last two cars that left me sitting by the roadside were both
vauxhalls..one snapped its timing belt at 65K and the other snapped its
CAMSHAFT at 95K.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The last two cars that left me sitting by the roadside were both
vauxhalls..one snapped its timing belt at 65K and the other snapped its
CAMSHAFT at 95K.

Last breakdown I had was a Vauxhall (Cavalier, so probably not relevant
to more recent models).

Apparently it was a dodgy fuel relay.

the symptoms we Engine fault light and immediate loss of all power.
Will not restart until AA man arrives 55 minutes later, when it starts
with no problem. Then repeats it again half an hour later.

Don't you love faults like that?

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-02-07 02:19:15 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Dave wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I had
to take my mother to hospital..and a complete reinstall of everything.

How did that work then ?

It was only a fix to the peripherals. Nothing to be done on the mother
board. Memory access is highly voltaile and totally random, and only
the stuff in the PRAM really works at all :-(

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that.

(Metaphorically) some of the functionality in Leopard is helpful - e.g.
Time Machine. It automates some of the things that are really
important to do but which are otherwise forgotten.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The last two cars that left me sitting by the roadside were both
vauxhalls..one snapped its timing belt at 65K and the other snapped
its CAMSHAFT at 95K.

Last breakdown I had was a Vauxhall (Cavalier, so probably not relevant
to more recent models).

Apparently it was a dodgy fuel relay.

the symptoms we Engine fault light and immediate loss of all power.
Will not restart until AA man arrives 55 minutes later, when it starts
with no problem. Then repeats it again half an hour later.

Don't you love faults like that?

Ah Wifes oil Peugot GT..ran OK for an hour, then wouldn;'t start till cold.

Eventually replaced a 10 quid water temp sensor.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6 Feb, 22:41, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

just because the grease monkey
looks like something out of a trailer trash movie,

You were heading to _Norfolk_. What did you expect, the erudite
presenter of a celebrated TV panel game?

Just be grateful he didn't flap his gills at you and demand payment in
elvers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
Andy Dingley writes
On 6 Feb, 22:41, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

just because the grease monkey
looks like something out of a trailer trash movie,

You were heading to _Norfolk_. What did you expect, the erudite
presenter of a celebrated TV panel game?

Just be grateful he didn't flap his gills at you and demand payment in
elvers.

Where www means Wash Wide Webbed
--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 6 Feb, 22:41, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

just because the grease monkey
looks like something out of a trailer trash movie,

You were heading to _Norfolk_. What did you expect, the erudite
presenter of a celebrated TV panel game?

I turned round and took it to teh local SUFFOLK garage...

Just be grateful he didn't flap his gills at you and demand payment in
elvers.

Been there..done that..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Moral.

Don't buy ****ty Land Rover products.

Ooohh! Might need a bit of care and attention but my Landrover 90 is
nearly twenty years old and 160 000 miles. Taken me all over Europe too.
Perhaps you are referring to the newer varieties?

Second item on the list of things always to have with you. A piece of
thin stiff wire. Handy for holding things on including exhausts. I even
got a 2CV carburretor going once when a screw dropped out. Also for
poking muck out of things and replacing lightweight hinges. Never travel
without one. Thick wire is also handy but you can always unbend a wire
coat hanger from your luggage.

Peter Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 6 Feb, 22:41, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

just because the grease monkey
looks like something out of a trailer trash movie,

You were heading to _Norfolk_. What did you expect, the erudite
presenter of a celebrated TV panel game?

Just be grateful he didn't flap his gills at you and demand payment in
elvers.

Hee hee. You guys still haven't got it. In Norfolk we make a point of
appearing that way to dissuade outsiders. Trouble is it's starting to
fail and loads of houses are being bought up by well-off southerners.
Now lots of locals can't afford to stay. Time for a new tactic.
Blue-tongue, H5N1? Hmmm.

Peter Scott
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Scott wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Moral.

Don't buy ****ty Land Rover products.

Ooohh! Might need a bit of care and attention but my Landrover 90 is
nearly twenty years old and 160 000 miles. Taken me all over Europe too.
Perhaps you are referring to the newer varieties?

No, to everything they have made. Land Rovers tend to be like grandad's
hammer. Still doing great service after 100 years and only needed 14 new
handles and 10 new heads.

My ****ty inferior FordxFord has done 160,000 miles in less than ten
years including numerous trips around Europe, four per year on average.
Nothing has fallen off it, ever. All it has ever needed is the routine
manufacturer's servicing every 10,000 miles which costs £109 same as a
Mondeo.

The last LR product I had used to rattle up £600 per service and needed
a new engine at 60,000 miles which cost £3,500. Words like "****e" don't
even begin to describe how ****ty Land Rovers are as work vehicles. Fine
for anyone who wants a toy, bloody useless otherwise.

Look around the world, HiLux, LandCruiser, Ford. The Aussies laugh at LR
products.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from (Steve Firth) contains these words:

My ****ty inferior FordxFord has done 160,000 miles in less than ten
years including numerous trips around Europe, four per year on average.
Nothing has fallen off it, ever. All it has ever needed is the routine
manufacturer's servicing every 10,000 miles which costs £109 same as a
Mondeo.

Hired a brand new top of range Mondeo estate last November. Looked nice
outside. Interior trim falling off.

Words like "****e" don't
even begin to describe how ****ty Land Rovers are as work vehicles. Fine
for anyone who wants a toy, bloody useless otherwise.

Hopefully their owners are a bit more civilised in their language than
those two sentences.

Look around the world, HiLux, LandCruiser,

Once had a Toyota. Bodywork like tissue paper -- dented if you so much
as looked at it.

Ford. The Aussies laugh at LR
products.

Aussies tend to have factories to build vehicles suitable for Oz.

Wherever in the world you go you tend to find that vehicles not properly
developed to suit the local conditions don't exactly perform brilliantly
or last well.

My all-time worst vehicle (and I've had several LandRovers) was a Pontiac

The runner up was an Austin 1110.

Most elusive fault was in a top of the range Plymouth Fury III

Most stupid design blunders were in a Plymouth Fury I with a
blueprinted 440 cubic inch engine (7.5 litres to you) -- back 2 plugs on
the nearside bank officially couldn't be changed without removing the
steering column. And the engine weighed so much the front brake disks
warped repeatedly. Left that car parked for a while and it sank
through the asphalt driveway -- it weighed over two tons.

But all those manufacturers also produced some good vehicles.

I once made the stupid mistake of asking in the Cadillac factory how
many vehicles came off the production line without requiring remedial
work. The answer was to the effect that in a good week they MIGHT get
ONE!

There is no excuse for some of the failings of LandRover production
engineering. On the other hand LandRovers, especially of the Defender
variety, offer the possibility of building a vehicle from scratch with
LandRover and pattern parts in a manner which should ensure indefinite
life. Difficult to get that with any other vehicle I can think of.
Strip a new door. Take off the skin. Send it to be galvanised. Wrap the
galvanised frame in rubber to prevent contact with aluminium. Refit the
skin. Reassemble. Repaint. Etc. etc. My "current" one carries an F
prefix, though there's not much more of the original than the gearbox
and transfer box, roof bonnet, front wings, front bumper and seats!

See a vehicle for what it is. And make a balanced assessment. My
boring car is an Accord. I've even had bits fall of an Accord!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Appin wrote:
snip

Most stupid design blunders were in a Plymouth Fury I with a
blueprinted 440 cubic inch engine (7.5 litres to you) -- back 2 plugs on
the nearside bank officially couldn't be changed without removing the
steering column. And the engine weighed so much the front brake disks
warped repeatedly. Left that car parked for a while and it sank
through the asphalt driveway -- it weighed over two tons.

Two tons isn't *that* much for a big car. In fact a Defender 110 is
about three tons...

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Andy Champ contains these words:

Appin wrote:
snip

Most stupid design blunders were in a Plymouth Fury I with a
blueprinted 440 cubic inch engine (7.5 litres to you) -- back 2 plugs on
the nearside bank officially couldn't be changed without removing the
steering column. And the engine weighed so much the front brake disks
warped repeatedly. Left that car parked for a while and it sank
through the asphalt driveway -- it weighed over two tons.

Two tons isn't *that* much for a big car. In fact a Defender 110 is
about three tons...

I know -- I have a 110 Station Wagon. And one of my sons has another.
However we're talking about point loading here and if you look at the
way the engine's mounted in a 110, it's a long way back. Fit an
electric fan to a 2.5 litre model and remove the viscous fan and shroud
and there's almost space to stand between the radiator and the engine
:-). The V8s are light alloy blocks. That 440 was a lump of cast iron
which entirely filled the massive engine bay and a large proportion of
the weight of the car was actually on the front wheels. And the
driveway was a North American effort which amounted to just a few inches
of asphalt laid on the ground without any hardcore or anything
underneath :-(
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ wrote:
Appin wrote:
snip

Most stupid design blunders were in a Plymouth Fury I with a
blueprinted 440 cubic inch engine (7.5 litres to you) -- back 2 plugs on
the nearside bank officially couldn't be changed without removing the
steering column. And the engine weighed so much the front brake disks
warped repeatedly. Left that car parked for a while and it sank
through the asphalt driveway -- it weighed over two tons.

Two tons isn't *that* much for a big car. In fact a Defender 110 is
about three tons...

Andy

Bull****, Its two. At the most..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Appin wrote:

Words like "****e" don't
even begin to describe how ****ty Land Rovers are as work vehicles. Fine
for anyone who wants a toy, bloody useless otherwise.

Hopefully their owners are a bit more civilised in their language than
those two sentences.

Hopefully you'll **** off and realise that an absence of swearing does
not make someone "civilised", you censorious ****.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ wrote:
Two tons isn't *that* much for a big car. In fact a Defender 110 is
about three tons...

Andy

Bull****, Its two. At the most..

Really? Perhaps I've misunderstood the spec. but it looks like 3050Kg
to me. Where do you get your figures?

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Andy Champ contains these words:

Two tons isn't *that* much for a big car. In fact a Defender 110 is
about three tons...

Andy

Bull****, Its two. At the most..

Really? Perhaps I've misunderstood the spec. but it looks like 3050Kg
to me. Where do you get your figures?

Perhaps you have. Looking at a manual I have for a early 80s Range Rover
the specification there gives the "Gross vehicle weight" as 2504 kg but
that is made up of kerb weight of 1723 kg plus maximum vehicle payload
of 780 kg.

I would be amazed if the modern Defender weighed in at nearly twice the
weight of a 25 year old Range Rover.

--
Roger Chapman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger wrote:
The message
from Andy Champ contains these words:

Two tons isn't *that* much for a big car. In fact a Defender 110 is
about three tons...

Andy

Bull****, Its two. At the most..

Really? Perhaps I've misunderstood the spec. but it looks like 3050Kg
to me. Where do you get your figures?

Perhaps you have. Looking at a manual I have for a early 80s Range Rover
the specification there gives the "Gross vehicle weight" as 2504 kg but
that is made up of kerb weight of 1723 kg plus maximum vehicle payload
of 780 kg.

I would be amazed if the modern Defender weighed in at nearly twice the
weight of a 25 year old Range Rover.

IIRC mine was about 2 tons unladen, and could take another ton in the back.

I did that once..bricks..it was OK, but not fun to drive.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Roger contains these words:

The message
from Andy Champ contains these words:

Two tons isn't *that* much for a big car. In fact a Defender 110 is
about three tons...

Andy

Bull****, Its two. At the most..

Really? Perhaps I've misunderstood the spec. but it looks like 3050Kg
to me. Where do you get your figures?

Perhaps you have. Looking at a manual I have for a early 80s Range Rover
the specification there gives the "Gross vehicle weight" as 2504 kg but
that is made up of kerb weight of 1723 kg plus maximum vehicle payload
of 780 kg.

I would be amazed if the modern Defender weighed in at nearly twice the
weight of a 25 year old Range Rover.

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehic...dimensions.htm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Appin wrote:

Words like "****e" don't
even begin to describe how ****ty Land Rovers are as work vehicles. Fine
for anyone who wants a toy, bloody useless otherwise.

Hopefully their owners are a bit more civilised in their language than
those two sentences.

Hopefully you'll **** off and realise that an absence of swearing does
not make someone "civilised", you censorious ****.

I did not suggest that it did.

These expressions don't amount to swearing -- rather they involve the
gratuitous use of offensive language.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Appin contains these words:

Really? Perhaps I've misunderstood the spec. but it looks like 3050Kg
to me. Where do you get your figures?

Perhaps you have. Looking at a manual I have for a early 80s Range Rover
the specification there gives the "Gross vehicle weight" as 2504 kg but
that is made up of kerb weight of 1723 kg plus maximum vehicle payload
of 780 kg.

I would be amazed if the modern Defender weighed in at nearly twice the
weight of a 25 year old Range Rover.

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehic...dimensions.htm

So they don't bother to quote kerb weight anymore. Very misleading. One
doesn't routinely drive around with a ton of hardcore in the back even
in a Land Rover.

--
Roger Chapman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Appin wrote:

Words like "****e" don't
even begin to describe how ****ty Land Rovers are as work vehicles. Fine
for anyone who wants a toy, bloody useless otherwise.

Hopefully their owners are a bit more civilised in their language than
those two sentences.

Hopefully you'll **** off and realise that an absence of swearing does
not make someone "civilised", you censorious ****.

I did not suggest that it did.

These expressions don't amount to swearing -- rather they involve the
gratuitous use of offensive language.

Oh dear colour me concerned. No hang on, I don't give a **** for what
you "think".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Steve Firth
writes

Appin wrote:

Words like "****e" don't
even begin to describe how ****ty Land Rovers are as work
vehicles. Fine
for anyone who wants a toy, bloody useless otherwise.

Hopefully their owners are a bit more civilised in their language than
those two sentences.

Hopefully you'll **** off and realise that an absence of swearing does
not make someone "civilised", you censorious ****.

I did not suggest that it did.

These expressions don't amount to swearing -- rather they involve the
gratuitous use of offensive language.

Oh dear colour me concerned. No hang on, I don't give a **** for what
you "think".

The riteous are taking over

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

All tied in with towing regulations, I think. Of course a 12 seater
LandRover is now a bit of a rarity -- can't be driven on a car licence
for those who've passed the driving test in recent years -- need a PCV
licence in that case. But if you're a wrinkly or have the relevant
towing licence you can tow more with a LandRover than with most
similar-sized vehicles.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

In message , Steve Firth
writes

Appin wrote:

Words like "****e" don't
even begin to describe how ****ty Land Rovers are as work
vehicles. Fine
for anyone who wants a toy, bloody useless otherwise.

Hopefully their owners are a bit more civilised in their language than
those two sentences.

Hopefully you'll **** off and realise that an absence of swearing does
not make someone "civilised", you censorious ****.

I did not suggest that it did.

These expressions don't amount to swearing -- rather they involve the
gratuitous use of offensive language.

Oh dear colour me concerned. No hang on, I don't give a **** for what
you "think".

The riteous are taking over

Yup, the convocation of ****wits in Westminster started it some years
ago. The sheep bleat "if you use those words you are
stupid/uncivilised/whatever."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from geoff contains these words:

The riteous are taking over

Is that "rite?" :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from (Steve Firth) contains these words:

Oh dear colour me concerned. No hang on, I don't give a **** for what
you "think".

I didn't imagine you do.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Appin wrote:
The message
from Roger contains these words:

The message
from Andy Champ contains these words:

Two tons isn't *that* much for a big car. In fact a Defender 110 is
about three tons...

Andy

Bull****, Its two. At the most..

Really? Perhaps I've misunderstood the spec. but it looks like 3050Kg
to me. Where do you get your figures?

Perhaps you have. Looking at a manual I have for a early 80s Range Rover
the specification there gives the "Gross vehicle weight" as 2504 kg but
that is made up of kerb weight of 1723 kg plus maximum vehicle payload
of 780 kg.

I would be amazed if the modern Defender weighed in at nearly twice the
weight of a 25 year old Range Rover.

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehic...dimensions.htm

Yep, thats max all up weight allowed, and it states elsewhere it has a
payload of 1524 kg. So its about a two tons less a bit, empty.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger wrote:
The message
from Appin contains these words:

Really? Perhaps I've misunderstood the spec. but it looks like 3050Kg
to me. Where do you get your figures?

Perhaps you have. Looking at a manual I have for a early 80s Range Rover
the specification there gives the "Gross vehicle weight" as 2504 kg but
that is made up of kerb weight of 1723 kg plus maximum vehicle payload
of 780 kg.

I would be amazed if the modern Defender weighed in at nearly twice the
weight of a 25 year old Range Rover.

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehic...dimensions.htm

So they don't bother to quote kerb weight anymore. Very misleading. One
doesn't routinely drive around with a ton of hardcore in the back even
in a Land Rover.

They do quote payload.

Frankly most people who buy a defender want to know 'how much will it
carry and tow' not 'what does it weigh empty'

It hardly a chelsea tractor is it?

It's a tough as buggery seriously off road truck.

I miss mine...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , Steve Firth
writes

Appin wrote:

Words like "****e" don't
even begin to describe how ****ty Land Rovers are as work
vehicles. Fine
for anyone who wants a toy, bloody useless otherwise.

Hopefully their owners are a bit more civilised in their language
than
those two sentences.

Hopefully you'll **** off and realise that an absence of swearing does
not make someone "civilised", you censorious ****.

I did not suggest that it did.

These expressions don't amount to swearing -- rather they involve the
gratuitous use of offensive language.

Oh dear colour me concerned. No hang on, I don't give a **** for what
you "think".

The riteous are taking over

I suspect you neant righteous, but who knows?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:17:10 UTC, Roger
wrote:

The message
from Appin contains these words:

Really? Perhaps I've misunderstood the spec. but it looks like 3050Kg
to me. Where do you get your figures?

Perhaps you have. Looking at a manual I have for a early 80s Range Rover
the specification there gives the "Gross vehicle weight" as 2504 kg but
that is made up of kerb weight of 1723 kg plus maximum vehicle payload
of 780 kg.

I would be amazed if the modern Defender weighed in at nearly twice the
weight of a 25 year old Range Rover.

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehic...dimensions.htm

So they don't bother to quote kerb weight anymore. Very misleading. One
doesn't routinely drive around with a ton of hardcore in the back even
in a Land Rover.

Eh? They quote GVW and KW on that site. Try the 'Capabilities' link on
the left...

http://www.diybanter.com