Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default A funny thing happened to me on the way to Norwich...

Peter Scott wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Moral.

Don't buy ****ty Land Rover products.

Ooohh! Might need a bit of care and attention but my Landrover 90 is
nearly twenty years old and 160 000 miles. Taken me all over Europe too.
Perhaps you are referring to the newer varieties?

No, to everything they have made. Land Rovers tend to be like grandad's
hammer. Still doing great service after 100 years and only needed 14 new
handles and 10 new heads.

My ****ty inferior FordxFord has done 160,000 miles in less than ten
years including numerous trips around Europe, four per year on average.
Nothing has fallen off it, ever. All it has ever needed is the routine
manufacturer's servicing every 10,000 miles which costs £109 same as a
Mondeo.

The last LR product I had used to rattle up £600 per service and needed
a new engine at 60,000 miles which cost £3,500. Words like "****e" don't
even begin to describe how ****ty Land Rovers are as work vehicles. Fine
for anyone who wants a toy, bloody useless otherwise.

Look around the world, HiLux, LandCruiser, Ford. The Aussies laugh at LR
products.