Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default A funny thing happened to me on the way to Norwich...

On 2008-02-07 02:19:15 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Dave wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I had
to take my mother to hospital..and a complete reinstall of everything.

How did that work then ?

It was only a fix to the peripherals. Nothing to be done on the mother
board. Memory access is highly voltaile and totally random, and only
the stuff in the PRAM really works at all :-(

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that.

(Metaphorically) some of the functionality in Leopard is helpful - e.g.
Time Machine. It automates some of the things that are really
important to do but which are otherwise forgotten.....