Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default metalworking

On Saturday, June 14, 2014 5:16:34 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 20:13:25 -0700, Gunner Asch

wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:54:28 -0400, Joe Gandalf

wrote:

Whatever. I am a hobbyist, not a machine shop pro. I don't own, want,

or need CNC gear. I worked in the computer R&D and metrology fields

for 40 years; I prefer to relax with old technology. Gimme vacuum

tubes, steam engines, machine tools with cast parts, blacksmithing

equipment, etc. I prefer hearing from people who know how it was done

in the past, so I can learn on my old fashioned equipment.

Finally, if this group is so lame, why do you hang out here?

Cause Jonboi has worn out his welcome EVERYwhere else. He is banned

from most of the online groups, everyone on alt.machines.cnc has him

in the bozo bin and so forth and so on.

Everyone despises him..and I mean Everyone.

So he comes here and some of the amatures will listen to him for a day

or two before brushing him off.

This is the same Joniboy that got punched unconsious at WestTec some

years ago. Guy walked right up to him and SPLAT...nailed his ass

right into nighty night. Other guy is still..hell..even more

respected in the Cad/Cam and manufacturing communities....which is

quite the opposite of Jon Boi

Gunner

Wasn't Jon the bloke that left and went to Australia? Most Australians

I know have far shorter fuses than Americans :-)

--

Cheers,

John B.

Like all Mark Wieber clique of idiot members you are incredibly stupid.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 20:13:25 -0700, Gunner Asch

Everyone despises him..and I mean Everyone.

So he comes here and some of the amatures will listen to him for a

day

or two before brushing him off.

This is the same Joniboy that got punched unconsious at WestTec some

years ago. Guy walked right up to him and SPLAT...nailed his ass

right into nighty night. Other guy is still..hell..even more

respected in the Cad/Cam and manufacturing communities....which is

quite the opposite of Jon Boi

This is the same impotent little Jonni who - according to Orlando arrest
records - was arrested in 2011 for beating up his wife, and who (then)
made his minimum-wage living a delivery truck for a plastics distributor
-- and has ZERO physical experience actually running any CNC anything.

He was since "dis-employed" by that distributor for being incompetent to
drive a delivery truck.

Why... that was just three years ago, and now he's the world's EXPERT on
CNC _EVERYTHING_!!! Way to go, Jonni Butt Boi! Good job, little man!

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, June 14, 2014 6:46:42 PM UTC-7, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
[...]

I've never been convicted of a felony in my entire life. Loud and Mark Wieber are both liars who can produced no proof that I supposedly beat up my wife.

The truth is that at one point I was falsely arrested in Florida. All charges were dismissed. In addition, I received an apology from the prosecutor me for making a mistake. The person who made the false charges spent years in the Florida prison system for credit card fraud and identity theft.

I enjoy making Loud and Mark Wieber look like the fools and liars they both are because it's so easy to do. :)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Perhaps someone should ask a liar like Loud to explain how I managed to work for Qualcomm's prototype machine shop for two years.

Here is my toolbox setup when I worked for Qualcomm's prototype machine shop:

http://s636.photobucket.com/user/jon...ml?sort=3&o=22

Mark Wieber clique of idiot members like Loud, Tom Gardner, Larry Jackass, etc. continue to show just how dumb they truly are and I thoroughly enjoy making complete fools out of them. :)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Anderson wrote:

On 6/14/2014 5:16 PM, John B. wrote:

Wasn't Jon the bloke that left and went to Australia? Most Australians
I know have far shorter fuses than Americans :-)

First reply went to John, newer version of Thunderbird, gotta hit
Followup to post here...

I'm the one that moved to Australia, late April. Settling in nicely,
outside of leaving Calif just as it was getting warm and arriving here
shortly before it got cold. Yeah folks, it DOES get cold in Australia!

Got myself a job at an abattior, or slaughterhouse. Fitter/turner. Lucky
me, I walked in the day after their fitter gave notice. It's not exactly
what I aspired to, but, it's 5 minutes from home vs a minimum 40 to
upwards 90 minute commute. One has to be realistic about what is
available here for work. Closest business I could find with anything CNC
is probably 3 hours away. This is farm country, so outside of the abs,
most welding shops do, well, farm work or heavy structural fabricating.
But good pay. Get myself a shop built out back, my tools shipped over,
find a mill and a lathe, and should have no trouble finding side work
with the vintage car/motorcycle/tractor folks.

How far have you got in setting up your shop, after the move?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 20:35:18 -0400, Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 15:22:19 -0400, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Despite close competition Tim gets this week's prize for most hostile
response to a civil reply.

It certainly wasn't intended to be. I was under the impression I was
being factual and helpful.

Given the multiple nasty-grams back from the OP, however, NOW I'm
hostile.

--
Tim Wescott

He asked a question, you gave a civil reply to which he responded with
hostility. Is that clearer?

Sorry if my sentence structures are convoluted or ambiguous, they make
sense to me when I write them. The first drafts are -much- worse. -jsw

I do a considerable amount of writing in my professional career. It
doesn't matter how clear you are, _someone_ will misunderstand. And it
doesn't matter how clear you _think_ you are, every once in a while
you'll get it entirely wrong.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, June 15, 2014 11:32:53 AM UTC-7, Tim Wescott wrote:
[...]

Learn how to make use of video/pictures and you won't experience the problems you currently have with being a lousy communicator.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"jon_banquer" wrote in message
On Sunday, June 15, 2014 11:32:53 AM UTC-7, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 20:35:18 -0400, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Learn how to make use of video/pictures and you won't experience the
problems you currently have with being a lousy communicator.

Engineers and scientists communicate multidimensional, nonlinear ideas
to each other by sketching while they talk, famously on napkins and
Chinese restaurant placemats. We are very articulate that way, more
than with photos because we can draw cutaways and cross-sections and
graphs of mathematical functions. Posting descriptions in pure linear
text is just a challenging mental exercise.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 13:32:53 -0500, Tim Wescott
wrote:

[...]

I write for myself setup information whenever I run a job on one of
the CNC machines. I try to be as concise as possible, enough so that
someone with practically no experience could do the setup. This way I
don't need to remember how I did the setup. These instructions, though
written by me and intended for me, still sometimes are confusing. It
really rankles me that I can't even write stuff for myself that I can
understand. And I recognize my writing style. I have read stuff that
people have reposted, some of it years old, and it looks familiar.
Then I get to the end and see my name. Yet I still have trouble
sometimes understanding the meaning of what I wrote, even though I
recognize the style.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, June 13, 2014 3:46:39 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 16:21:27 -0400, Joe Gandalf

wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 13:16:10 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

wrote:

I believe in balance. Consider trying it.

Always the charmer, I see.

Since I have been absent from here thanks to a wicked auto accident, I

forgot who the dorks (deliberate euphemism here) were.

By any chance, did you previously post here under the name Altavoz?

Cheers,

Joe

God! I forgot all about Altavoz! Sure am glad I haven't seen any of

his posts for a long time.

Eric

You complain every few months about no metalworking posts. At least Altavoz posts were metalworking entertainment.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/12/2014 9:34 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
There is s no such thing as a hyphenated American who is
a good American. The only man who is a good American is
the man who is an American and nothing else. We are a
nation, not a hodge-podge of foreign nationalities. We
are a people, and not a polyglot boarding house.
--Theodore Roosevelt

I have a name that ends in the letters icz. When people ask, "What kind
of a name is that?", I respond,"American."

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/13/2014 9:02 AM, Guna Sekar wrote:.

Thanks brother Jon_banquer. Your supporting is very strong for me.

Imagine.

Gunas and jon banquer in a dimly lit room.

Frightening!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/13/2014 10:32 AM, jon_banquer wrote:

I support modern metalworking. We see almost no discussion of modern metalworking in this newsgroup.

Mebbe it is because, like me, I'm too busy out there pounding and making
sparks, and don't spend a lot of time around here.

HOLY ****, WHAT AM I DOING TALKING TO YOU?

plink.......

Steve
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:58:24 PM UTC-7, SteveB wrote:
On 6/13/2014 10:32 AM, jon_banquer wrote:

I support modern metalworking. We see almost no discussion of modern metalworking in this newsgroup.

Mebbe it is because, like me, I'm too busy out there pounding and making

sparks, and don't spend a lot of time around here.

HOLY ****, WHAT AM I DOING TALKING TO YOU?

plink.......

Steve

Beats me. You're a pussy and I detest pussies like you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:55:14 PM UTC-7, SteveB wrote:
On 6/13/2014 9:02 AM, Guna Sekar wrote:.

Thanks brother Jon_banquer. Your supporting is very strong for me.

Imagine.

Gunas and jon banquer in a dimly lit room.

Frightening!

Imaging you trying to think for yourself... no chance of that happening.

**** off and die, asshole.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:51:36 PM UTC-7, SteveB wrote:
On 6/12/2014 9:34 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

There is s no such thing as a hyphenated American who is

a good American. The only man who is a good American is

the man who is an American and nothing else. We are a

nation, not a hodge-podge of foreign nationalities. We

are a people, and not a polyglot boarding house.

--Theodore Roosevelt

I have a name that ends in the letters icz. When people ask, "What kind

of a name is that?", I respond,"American."

Steve

Your last name ends in itch.

Hope this helped.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message
On 6/12/2014 9:34 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
There is s no such thing as a hyphenated American who is
a good American. The only man who is a good American is
the man who is an American and nothing else. We are a
nation, not a hodge-podge of foreign nationalities. We
are a people, and not a polyglot boarding house.
--Theodore Roosevelt

I have a name that ends in the letters icz. When people ask, "What
kind of a name is that?", I respond,"American."

Steve

At least it doesn't start with "L", like this poor schmuck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA6R1DMb-Z8

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John B." wrote:

It is difficult to believe that the Army issues letters of
commendation simply for doing one's assigned work and not bitching
about it. But if you say so, I'll accept it.

Yawn. My job was to stay on the air, without repairing any equipment.
My MOS was to repair that equipment, at a service depot. I broke
countless regulations to not only stay one the air, but to put the
facilities in top notch condition. There were times when I worked four
days, non stop. The chief engineers of the two Fairbanks stations
visited a few weeks after I left for home, expecting it to be in
shambles. They were shocked to see who well it was running, and wanted
to know who did the work. Another engineer told them that I did it, in
spite of orders not to. One of them told him, If I'd known he was that
good I would have hired him! Neeley laughed and told them they couldn't
afford to hire me. Make whatever claims you want. That base was
hazardous duty.

Metalworking Hench Metalworking 25 March 13th 13 09:18 PM
Metalworking... Pete C. Metalworking 2 September 15th 12 06:55 PM
***** The Best Is An MetalWorking ****** pappu[_2_] Metalworking 0 August 12th 10 06:21 AM
Metalworking Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Metalworking 5 June 29th 10 10:25 PM