Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default metalworking

Wow. You asked a perfectly reasonable question, and Tim gave you a
perfectly reasonable answer. Then you jumped all into his ****. You
need a course in good manners, as well as a better understanding of
conversational English - as it is actually practised.

You also owe Tim an apology.

Joe

Any other site is available to know the details of metal working?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, June 13, 2014 9:38:22 AM UTC-7, Joe Gandalf wrote:
Wow. You asked a perfectly reasonable question, and Tim gave you a

perfectly reasonable answer. Then you jumped all into his ****. You

need a course in good manners, as well as a better understanding of

conversational English - as it is actually practised.

You also owe Tim an apology.

Joe

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:31:46 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Any other site is available to know the details of metal working?

He owns no one an apology. His English is fine. Now sit down and STFU.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

OK, I'm gonna be civil, at least this time. What did Tim write that
was so outrageous? The way his reply read to me was that he was
offering more complete advice to someone who must have come from
Google's lousy site. Tim's advice seemed to be spot-on, if read by
someone who didn't have a big chip on his shoulder (or whatever).

You do understand that I was replying to Gunas, right? And, yeah, he
prolly doesn't *owe* any apology, but his reply to Tim was off the
chart in hostility. I would give him a second chance since he may have
poor English skills, but ultimately it's up to him to understand the
finer points of conversing in any given social situation.

I generally go for ignoring perceived insults initially. This helps to
**** off anyone who was looking to offend, as well as to allow them to
really show their ass, if an ass is what they truly are.

Joe

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:42:41 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Friday, June 13, 2014 9:38:22 AM UTC-7, Joe Gandalf wrote:
Wow. You asked a perfectly reasonable question, and Tim gave you a

perfectly reasonable answer. Then you jumped all into his ****. You

need a course in good manners, as well as a better understanding of

conversational English - as it is actually practised.

You also owe Tim an apology.

Joe

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:31:46 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Any other site is available to know the details of metal working?

He owns no one an apology. His English is fine. Now sit down and STFU.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, June 12, 2014 11:18:18 PM UTC-7, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"jon_banquer" wrote in message

On Thursday, June 12, 2014 5:40:22 PM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:

Shrug

You have had this shrugging problem for years. Better get it looked into.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20043570

HTH

Can you get tourette syndrome from smoking meth? If so Wieber is a prime candidate.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Friday, June 13, 2014 9:38:22 AM UTC-7, Joe Gandalf wrote:

Wow. You asked a perfectly reasonable question, and Tim gave you a

perfectly reasonable answer. Then you jumped all into his ****. You

need a course in good manners, as well as a better understanding of

conversational English - as it is actually practised.

You also owe Tim an apology.

Joe

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:31:46 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Any other site is available to know the details of metal working?

He owns no one an apology. His English is fine. Now sit down and STFU.

Tim should have taken the high road and offered up suggestions on where he felt quality metalworking discussion takes place. He did nothing of the sort. His answers don't deal with the reality of what this group has become. For those of us who have been around for decades and who are objective we know when this group started to die. It happened when Mark Wieber started cross posting to political and gun groups. Now the asshole posts sailboat/floating meth lab ads because the group is burned out on his political and gun bull****. What remains is mostly a small group of Mark Wieber's clique of idiots who can't think for themselves and who are stuck in the past. This is they type of machining job shop I've worked for. Do you honestly think any of these brain dead morons could hold a job here?

http://www.pyramidprecision.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, June 13, 2014 9:02:59 AM UTC-7, Guna Sekar wrote:
On Friday, June 13, 2014 7:46:30 PM UTC+5:30, jon_banquer wrote:

On 2014-06-12, Guna Sekar wrote:

On Thursday, June 12, 2014 11:26:53 PM UTC+5:30, Tim Wescott wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:31:46 -0700, gunas.india wrote:

Any other site is available to know the details of metal working?

First: this is not a site. This is a USENET newsgroup, which Google

aliases to make it appear to be a site.

Second: if you use a real newsreader, you can filter out all the

political crap (which, if you're really in India, isn't even _your_

political crap, so I can see how it'll be doubly irritating).

Third: Maybe, but if you ask an actual metalworking question here, you'll

generally get a helpful answer.

Tim Wescott

Wescott Design Services

http://www.wescottdesign.com

First : Who are you?

He said that he is Tim Wescott, and I have no reason to believe

otherwise. FWIW, I am Donald Nichols.

Second : What is problem with you?

He is correct -- this is *not* a "site" -- it is a Usenet

Newsgroup which Google absorbs and calls a "Google Group" even though

they are a tiny portion of the group in reality.

Third : Do u think am I joker? I think you are a idiot.

No -- he probably thinks that you are confused by the way Google

presents this newsgroup, and is giving you useful information about it.

Fourth : I ask seriously to know the best answers for this question.

If u have knowledge tell me the answers Otherwise, Shutup your mouth.

Why waste the time me and your time also?

He is trying to correct your mistaken opinion about the Usenet

Newsgroup "rec.crafts.metalworking", which is where *I* am seeing what

you post.

Fifth : First do your work and no need to type nonsense like this.

I don't know about *his* work, but I am retired, so this is my

work as much as anything else that I do. :-)

So -- please listen to us and possibly benefit -- or please go

away -- your choice.

And -- if you stick around just to argue, you will be addeded to

my newsreaders "killfile", so I will not need to see what you post in

the future.

Enjoy,

DoN.

--

Remove oil spill source from e-mail

Only pussies need to use newsgroup filters and brag about them. Your a major pussy.

Thanks brother Jon_banquer. Your supporting is very strong for me.

I support modern metalworking. We see almost no discussion of modern metalworking in this newsgroup.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"jon_banquer" wrote in message

I support modern metalworking. We see almost no discussion of modern
metalworking in this newsgroup.

You're right, because recreational hobbyist metalworking is very
practical at the level industry passed through a century ago. Some of
the prototype work I did required hand scraping and filing appropriate
to two centuries ago.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Actually, Tim offered a good suggestion: post here. Despite the
painful & useless political bull****, there remains a lot of good
metalworking advice here. Or at least there was when I was more active
about 3 years ago. Most of the decline came when Google opened the NGs
up to the clueless web idiots.

I filter out anything that is crossposted to the tinfoil hat crowd, so
I don't see much of what you seem to hate. Of course, I also miss out
on stuff that is crossposted to the eng.joining and CNC groups, but
it's a small price to pay.

When I upgraded my OS, I had to reinstall Agent, so I lost all of my
filters. Eventually, I'll repopulate them, too, and I will only have
to suffer through the political noise.

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:20:59 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

Tim should have taken the high road and offered up suggestions on where he felt quality metalworking discussion takes place. He did nothing of the sort. His answers don't deal with the reality of what this group has become. For those of us who have been around for decades and who are objective we know when this group started to die. It happened when Mark Wieber started cross posting to political and gun groups. Now the asshole posts sailboat/floating meth lab ads because the group is burned out on his political and gun bull****. What remains is mostly a small group of Mark Wieber's clique of idiots who can't think for themselves and who are stuck in the past. This is they type of machining job shop I've worked for. Do you honestly think any of these brain dead morons could hold a job here?

http://www.pyramidprecision.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, June 13, 2014 11:07:15 AM UTC-7, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"jon_banquer" wrote in message

I support modern metalworking. We see almost no discussion of modern

metalworking in this newsgroup.

You're right, because recreational hobbyist metalworking is very

practical at the level industry passed through a century ago. Some of

the prototype work I did required hand scraping and filing appropriate

to two centuries ago.

-jsw

We see almost no discussion of CNC and CADCAM in this newsgroup, yet you see a ton of this type of discussion on other recreational metalworking groups.

Should I provide links in order to show how Mark Wieber's cross posting to gun and political groups have killed this group?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, June 13, 2014 11:23:42 AM UTC-7, Joe Gandalf wrote:
Actually, Tim offered a good suggestion: post here. Despite the

painful & useless political bull****, there remains a lot of good

metalworking advice here. Or at least there was when I was more active

about 3 years ago. Most of the decline came when Google opened the NGs

up to the clueless web idiots.

I filter out anything that is crossposted to the tinfoil hat crowd, so

I don't see much of what you seem to hate. Of course, I also miss out

on stuff that is crossposted to the eng.joining and CNC groups, but

it's a small price to pay.

When I upgraded my OS, I had to reinstall Agent, so I lost all of my

filters. Eventually, I'll repopulate them, too, and I will only have

to suffer through the political noise.

Tim's offer of posting metalworking questions here doesn't make much sense because it ignores the fact that this group has been destroyed by Mark Wieber's clique of idiots. Trying to blame the problems with this group on Google Groups isn't based in reality.

Almost no discussion of CNC or CADCAM happens here. Instead, this group now features worthless losers almost all of whom are proud members of Mark Wieber's clique of idiots. These idiots start threads like should they use JB Weld on a chair because they're too lazy and too cheap to learn how to weld..

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Whatever. I am a hobbyist, not a machine shop pro. I don't own, want,
or need CNC gear. I worked in the computer R&D and metrology fields
for 40 years; I prefer to relax with old technology. Gimme vacuum
tubes, steam engines, machine tools with cast parts, blacksmithing
equipment, etc. I prefer hearing from people who know how it was done
in the past, so I can learn on my old fashioned equipment.

Finally, if this group is so lame, why do you hang out here?

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 12:19:12 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

Tim's offer of posting metalworking questions here doesn't make much sense because it ignores the fact that this group has been destroyed by Mark Wieber's clique of idiots. Trying to blame the problems with this group on Google Groups isn't based in reality.

Almost no discussion of CNC or CADCAM happens here. Instead, this group now features worthless losers almost all of whom are proud members of Mark Wieber's clique of idiots. These idiots start threads like should they use JB Weld on a chair because they're too lazy and too cheap to learn how to weld.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe Gandalf" wrote in message

Finally, if this group is so lame, why do you hang out here?

He's trying to elevate his status by being a hang around. The inference is
obvious.

wrote:

Tim's offer of posting metalworking questions here doesn't make much sense
because it ignores the fact that this group has been destroyed by Mark
Wieber's clique of idiots. Trying to blame the problems with this group on
Google Groups isn't based in reality.

Almost no discussion of CNC or CADCAM happens here. Instead, this group
now features worthless losers almost all of whom are proud members of Mark
Wieber's clique of idiots. These idiots start threads like should they use
JB Weld on a chair because they're too lazy and too cheap to learn how to
weld.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe Gandalf fired this volley in
:

Finally, if this group is so lame, why do you hang out here?

If you've noticed, he never contributes anything. His only action here
is to spew venom to make up for his short dick and homosexual leanings.
He knows nothing about metalworking except what he reads from on-line
advertising.

When's the last time he ever - EVER - solved anyone's problem here. His
only response is to call them idiots and worse for having a problem in
the first place. That's the mark of someone who's never HAD any
metalworking issues to solve.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, June 13, 2014 12:54:28 PM UTC-7, Joe Gandalf wrote:
Whatever. I am a hobbyist, not a machine shop pro. I don't own, want,

or need CNC gear. I worked in the computer R&D and metrology fields

for 40 years; I prefer to relax with old technology. Gimme vacuum

tubes, steam engines, machine tools with cast parts, blacksmithing

equipment, etc. I prefer hearing from people who know how it was done

in the past, so I can learn on my old fashioned equipment.

Finally, if this group is so lame, why do you hang out here?

I believe in balance. Consider trying it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Tim's offer of posting metalworking questions here doesn't make much sense

because it ignores the fact that this group has been destroyed by Mark

Wieber's clique of idiots. Trying to blame the problems with this group on

Google Groups isn't based in reality.

Almost no discussion of CNC or CADCAM happens here. Instead, this group

now features worthless losers almost all of whom are proud members of Mark

Wieber's clique of idiots. These idiots start threads like should they use

JB Weld on a chair because they're too lazy and too cheap to learn how to

weld.

I don't need to elevate my status but you sure do.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 13:16:10 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

I believe in balance. Consider trying it.

Always the charmer, I see.

Since I have been absent from here thanks to a wicked auto accident, I
forgot who the dorks (deliberate euphemism here) were.

By any chance, did you previously post here under the name Altavoz?

Cheers,
Joe
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, June 13, 2014 1:07:40 PM UTC-7, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Joe Gandalf fired this volley in

:

Finally, if this group is so lame, why do you hang out here?

If you've noticed, he never contributes anything. His only action here

is to spew venom to make up for his short dick and homosexual leanings.

He knows nothing about metalworking except what he reads from on-line

advertising.

When's the last time he ever - EVER - solved anyone's problem here. His

only response is to call them idiots and worse for having a problem in

the first place. That's the mark of someone who's never HAD any

metalworking issues to solve.

Lloyd

I contribute far more than Loud ever has to this group. Unlike a loser like Loud, I'm not an insecure homophobe with no clues about CADCAM, solid modeling or modern machining.

Loud could never cut it in a modern CNC machine job shop except doing manual secondary operations and possibly some Protrak type work.

I enjoy kicking Louds ass all over the map while he needs to rely on the protection of other members of Mark Wieber's clique of idiots.

Loud is very weak and he knows he's know match for anyone who him hasn't stopped learning like he has.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I believe in balance. Consider trying it.

Always the charmer, I see.

Since I have been absent from here thanks to a wicked auto accident, I

forgot who the dorks (deliberate euphemism here) were.

By any chance, did you previously post here under the name Altavoz?

Cheers,

Joe

Seems to me you still haven't recovered from the massive head trauma you suffered in your auto accident.

On his worst day, Altavoz was more interesting than your lame posts... especially his claims about Century welders being quality. Altavoz knew how to troll, even if it wasn't on purpose.

From what I can tell so far you mainly drool all over yourself like Loud does.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 11:19:07 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Guna Sekar fired this volley in news:6734b446-
:

Thanks brother Jon_banquer. Your supporting is very strong for me.

Hah! And JUST what you deserve! Jon Fakequeer, the ersatz 'expert' on
EVERYTHING metal!

You may wish to know, Gunner Seeker, that Banqueer has been "plonked" by
every member of this forum, except for new ones who don't know how much
of an expert he really is!

Oh, Boy! Are YOU ever in for a ride! G

Lloyd

So he better bend over now and get used to it.

VBG

"Libertarianism IS fascism... Fascism is corporate government – a Libertarian’s wet dream"
Tala Brandeis
Owner at Tala Brandeis Associates"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 14:07:15 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"jon_banquer" wrote in message

I support modern metalworking. We see almost no discussion of modern
metalworking in this newsgroup.

You're right, because recreational hobbyist metalworking is very
practical at the level industry passed through a century ago. Some of
the prototype work I did required hand scraping and filing appropriate
to two centuries ago.
-jsw

Modern metal working involves 4 or more axis CNC machinery and other
multi or hundred thousand dollar equipment

So Joni boi had best get his ass out of here because there is going to
be very..very very little "modern metalworking" on this group

Gunner, cleaning files with a file brush

"Libertarianism IS fascism... Fascism is corporate government – a Libertarian’s wet dream"
Tala Brandeis
Owner at Tala Brandeis Associates"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"jon_banquer" wrote in message

I support modern metalworking. We see almost no discussion of modern

metalworking in this newsgroup.

You're right, because recreational hobbyist metalworking is very

practical at the level industry passed through a century ago. Some of

the prototype work I did required hand scraping and filing appropriate

to two centuries ago.

-jsw

Modern metal working involves 4 or more axis CNC machinery and other

multi or hundred thousand dollar equipment

So Joni boi had best get his ass out of here because there is going to

be very..very very little "modern metalworking" on this group

Gunner, cleaning files with a file brush

"Libertarianism IS fascism... Fascism is corporate government � a Libertarian�s wet dream"

Tala Brandeis

Owner at Tala Brandeis Associates"

Modern metalworking is something Mark Wieber doesn't know jack **** about and when he posts utter bull**** like: "Modern metal working involves 4 or more axis CNC machinery and other multi or hundred thousand dollar equipment" he shows why he's a complete fool with no clues.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, June 13, 2014 1:49:21 PM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 11:19:07 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Guna Sekar fired this volley in news:6734b446-

:

Thanks brother Jon_banquer. Your supporting is very strong for me.

Hah! And JUST what you deserve! Jon Fakequeer, the ersatz 'expert' on

EVERYTHING metal!

You may wish to know, Gunner Seeker, that Banqueer has been "plonked" by

every member of this forum, except for new ones who don't know how much

of an expert he really is!

Oh, Boy! Are YOU ever in for a ride! G

Lloyd

So he better bend over now and get used to it.

VBG

"Libertarianism IS fascism... Fascism is corporate government � a Libertarian�s wet dream"

Tala Brandeis

Owner at Tala Brandeis Associates"

When you lie as much as Mark Wieber does, you end up being bent over constantly.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Modern metal working involves 4 or more axis CNC machinery and other
multi or hundred thousand dollar equipment

So Joni boi had best get his ass out of here because there is going
be very..very very little "modern metalworking" on this group

Gunner, cleaning files with a file brush

You reminded me to readjust the tension of the flat leather belt that
drives my lathe.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in news:lnfq78$eao$1
@dont-email.me:

You reminded me to readjust the tension of the flat leather belt that
drives my lathe.

Still got an old Logan that was converted from flat belt to poly-vee; but
it's about the same.

I had (but sold) an old F.E.Reed lathe with built-in taper attachment that
was meant to do only that one job. It was ALL leather flat belts. A fine
machine for the intended work, but limited for anything else due to its
lack of a compound feed.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks for the heads up. Into the jackass file you go. Have a sweet,
wonderful, warm fuzzy day.

And whatever you do, please don't try to trim the old stuff out of
your replies.

wrote:

I believe in balance. Consider trying it.

Always the charmer, I see.

Since I have been absent from here thanks to a wicked auto accident, I

forgot who the dorks (deliberate euphemism here) were.

By any chance, did you previously post here under the name Altavoz?

Cheers,

Joe

Seems to me you still haven't recovered from the massive head trauma you suffered in your auto accident.

On his worst day, Altavoz was more interesting than your lame posts... especially his claims about Century welders being quality. Altavoz knew how to troll, even if it wasn't on purpose.

From what I can tell so far you mainly drool all over yourself like Loud does.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I believe in balance. Consider trying it.

Always the charmer, I see.

Since I have been absent from here thanks to a wicked auto accident, I
forgot who the dorks (deliberate euphemism here) were.

By any chance, did you previously post here under the name Altavoz?

Cheers,
Joe

God! I forgot all about Altavoz! Sure am glad I haven't seen any of
his posts for a long time.
Eric

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, June 13, 2014 3:18:56 PM UTC-7, Joe Gandalf wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. Into the jackass file you go. Have a sweet,

wonderful, warm fuzzy day.

And whatever you do, please don't try to trim the old stuff out of

your replies.

Always remember it's about balance. You lost your balance a long time ago. I don't ever see you getting it back.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I believe in balance. Consider trying it.

Always the charmer, I see.

Since I have been absent from here thanks to a wicked auto accident, I

forgot who the dorks (deliberate euphemism here) were.

By any chance, did you previously post here under the name Altavoz?

Cheers,

Joe

God! I forgot all about Altavoz! Sure am glad I haven't seen any of

his posts for a long time.

Eric

Altavoz was entertaining. That's a hell of a lot more than can be said about Mark Wieber clique of idiot member posts.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 21:34:26 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 23:19:34 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"John B." wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 20:48:32 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"John B." wrote:

Perhaps your signature block that reads "Anyone wanting to run for any
political office in the US should have to have a DD214, and a
honorable discharge" should be amended to read

"Anyone wanting to run for any political office in the US should have
to have a DD214, showing time spent in a combat zone, and a honorable
discharge."

I was told that I was on my way to a base in Vietnam in 1973, but
they were changed to a remote cold weather research base that had people
begging to go back to Vietnam due to the extreme sub zero temperatures.
The official record was -69°F.

Be real. I know people who were told that they would be pilots and
ended up as cooks.

As for cold weather, I worked with a bloke who had spent three
consecutive years on the South Pole ice cap, where the lowest recorded
temperature is -117 degrees (F). Strange he didn't brag about that.

Like others, I served where I was sent. I did my assigned work without
complaints and received a letter of commendation from a two star general
for it.

You served where you were sent? So what? So did every other member of
the Armed Services. That is hardly an accomplishment, in fact refusing
to serve where you are told to is a punishable action.

You, "did my assigned work without
complaints and received a letter of commendation for it."

It is difficult to believe that the Army issues letters of
commendation simply for doing one's assigned work and not bitching
about it. But if you say so, I'll accept it.

My only comment is that during my military career, in the Air Force, I
never received an accommodation for doing my assigned job although I
did get a couple for doing what they termed "Action over and above..."

The base I was supposed to go to in Vietnam was overrun right after I
was due to arrive, and the site I was to work at was shot up, with all
the engineers being killed.

But, as you weren't there that has nothing to do with you, does it.

When I returned to the States after serving in Vietnam the first TV
news I saw showed fighting in the streets of Nha Trang less than a
block from where I had lived....But I don't run about posting that on
Usenet as it had nothing to do with me.

Serving in the peace time military is just like any other civil
service job, with short hair.
--
Cheers,

Jphn B.

Perhaps you should learn how to spell your name, rather than making
lame attempts at insulting people?

As of 31 December 2013, 1,369,532 people were on active duty in the
armed forces and something like 40 million have served in the U.S.
military since it originated.

And this fact alone should qualified one for elected office?

Spelling? My God! You USians elected a guy that couldn't hardly speak
English as president for two terms and you complain about spelling.

Yawn.

That's "USAtians", and "could hardly", Jp. I wonder which Prez he was
talking about. The one which didn't know what "is" is, or the one who
wondered about large numbers?

It is called "vernacular", sort of like 'y'all com back, you hear" :-)

http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...hbrazilian.htm
I wonder if he knows about the brilliant Demonrats like Pelosi, who
said "We need to pass this bill to find out what's in it..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV7dDSgbaQ0

I don't pay much attention to politicians. I reckon that people
deserve anyone that they elect.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:54:28 -0400, Joe Gandalf
wrote:

Whatever. I am a hobbyist, not a machine shop pro. I don't own, want,
or need CNC gear. I worked in the computer R&D and metrology fields
for 40 years; I prefer to relax with old technology. Gimme vacuum
tubes, steam engines, machine tools with cast parts, blacksmithing
equipment, etc. I prefer hearing from people who know how it was done
in the past, so I can learn on my old fashioned equipment.

Finally, if this group is so lame, why do you hang out here?

Cause Jonboi has worn out his welcome EVERYwhere else. He is banned
from most of the online groups, everyone on alt.machines.cnc has him
in the bozo bin and so forth and so on.

Everyone despises him..and I mean Everyone.

So he comes here and some of the amatures will listen to him for a day
or two before brushing him off.

This is the same Joniboy that got punched unconsious at WestTec some
years ago. Guy walked right up to him and SPLAT...nailed his ass
right into nighty night. Other guy is still..hell..even more
respected in the Cad/Cam and manufacturing communities....which is
quite the opposite of Jon Boi

Gunner

wrote:

Tim's offer of posting metalworking questions here doesn't make much sense because it ignores the fact that this group has been destroyed by Mark Wieber's clique of idiots. Trying to blame the problems with this group on Google Groups isn't based in reality.

Almost no discussion of CNC or CADCAM happens here. Instead, this group now features worthless losers almost all of whom are proud members of Mark Wieber's clique of idiots. These idiots start threads like should they use JB Weld on a chair because they're too lazy and too cheap to learn how to weld.

"Libertarianism IS fascism... Fascism is corporate government – a Libertarian’s wet dream"
Tala Brandeis
Owner at Tala Brandeis Associates"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Tim's offer of posting metalworking questions here doesn't make much sense because it ignores the fact that this group has been destroyed by Mark Wieber's clique of idiots. Trying to blame the problems with this group on Google Groups isn't based in reality.

Almost no discussion of CNC or CADCAM happens here. Instead, this group now features worthless losers almost all of whom are proud members of Mark Wieber's clique of idiots. These idiots start threads like should they use JB Weld on a chair because they're too lazy and too cheap to learn how to weld.

"Libertarianism IS fascism... Fascism is corporate government � a Libertarian�s wet dream"

Tala Brandeis

Owner at Tala Brandeis Associates"

I'm so despised that Mark Wieber attempted to connect with me on LinkedIn.... I refused his offer. :)

My LinkedIn connections and endorsements read like a who's who of the CADCAM business.

My own LinkedIn group, CADCAM Technology Leaders has well over 2,000 members and is very active.

I was never "punched out" at Westec... this is yet another one of Mark Wiebers well documented lies. Mark Wieber can't even name the person who supposedly "punched me out" :)

Mark Wieber has never held a job in a machining job shop, is a loser who can't pay his bills and is buried in debt.

Mark Wieber lives in a beat up mobile home where he has no choice other than to take in roommates to survive.

Mark Wieber is unemployable for very good reasons.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 17:25:07 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Modern metal working involves 4 or more axis CNC machinery and other
multi or hundred thousand dollar equipment

So Joni boi had best get his ass out of here because there is going
be very..very very little "modern metalworking" on this group

Gunner, cleaning files with a file brush

You reminded me to readjust the tension of the flat leather belt that
drives my lathe.

Glad to have been of assistance!!

"Libertarianism IS fascism... Fascism is corporate government – a Libertarian’s wet dream"
Tala Brandeis
Owner at Tala Brandeis Associates"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/14/2014 5:16 PM, John B. wrote:

Wasn't Jon the bloke that left and went to Australia? Most Australians
I know have far shorter fuses than Americans :-)

First reply went to John, newer version of Thunderbird, gotta hit
Followup to post here...

I'm the one that moved to Australia, late April. Settling in nicely,
outside of leaving Calif just as it was getting warm and arriving here
shortly before it got cold. Yeah folks, it DOES get cold in Australia!

Got myself a job at an abattior, or slaughterhouse. Fitter/turner. Lucky
me, I walked in the day after their fitter gave notice. It's not exactly
what I aspired to, but, it's 5 minutes from home vs a minimum 40 to
upwards 90 minute commute. One has to be realistic about what is
available here for work. Closest business I could find with anything CNC
is probably 3 hours away. This is farm country, so outside of the abs,
most welding shops do, well, farm work or heavy structural fabricating.
But good pay. Get myself a shop built out back, my tools shipped over,
find a mill and a lathe, and should have no trouble finding side work
with the vintage car/motorcycle/tractor folks.

Cheers,

Jon A.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 15:22:19 -0400, Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:31:46 -0700, gunas.india wrote:

Any other site is available to know the details of metal working?

First: this is not a site. This is a USENET newsgroup, which Google
aliases to make it appear to be a site.

Second: if you use a real newsreader, you can filter out all the
political crap (which, if you're really in India, isn't even _your_
political crap, so I can see how it'll be doubly irritating).

Third: Maybe, but if you ask an actual metalworking question here,
you'll generally get a helpful answer.

--

Tim Wescott Wescott Design Services http://www.wescottdesign.com

Despite close competition Tim gets this week's prize for most hostile
response to a civil reply.

It certainly wasn't intended to be. I was under the impression I was
being factual and helpful.

Given the multiple nasty-grams back from the OP, however, NOW I'm hostile.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 15:22:19 -0400, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Despite close competition Tim gets this week's prize for most
hostile
response to a civil reply.

It certainly wasn't intended to be. I was under the impression I
was
being factual and helpful.

Given the multiple nasty-grams back from the OP, however, NOW I'm
hostile.

--
Tim Wescott

He asked a question, you gave a civil reply to which he responded with
hostility. Is that clearer?

Sorry if my sentence structures are convoluted or ambiguous, they make
sense to me when I write them. The first drafts are -much- worse.
-jsw

Metalworking Hench Metalworking 25 March 13th 13 09:18 PM
Metalworking... Pete C. Metalworking 2 September 15th 12 06:55 PM
***** The Best Is An MetalWorking ****** pappu[_2_] Metalworking 0 August 12th 10 06:21 AM
Metalworking Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Metalworking 5 June 29th 10 10:25 PM