Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson[_3_] Jon Anderson[_3_] is offline

Default metalworking

On 6/14/2014 5:16 PM, John B. wrote:

Wasn't Jon the bloke that left and went to Australia? Most Australians
I know have far shorter fuses than Americans :-)

First reply went to John, newer version of Thunderbird, gotta hit
Followup to post here...

I'm the one that moved to Australia, late April. Settling in nicely,
outside of leaving Calif just as it was getting warm and arriving here
shortly before it got cold. Yeah folks, it DOES get cold in Australia!

Got myself a job at an abattior, or slaughterhouse. Fitter/turner. Lucky
me, I walked in the day after their fitter gave notice. It's not exactly
what I aspired to, but, it's 5 minutes from home vs a minimum 40 to
upwards 90 minute commute. One has to be realistic about what is
available here for work. Closest business I could find with anything CNC
is probably 3 hours away. This is farm country, so outside of the abs,
most welding shops do, well, farm work or heavy structural fabricating.
But good pay. Get myself a shop built out back, my tools shipped over,
find a mill and a lathe, and should have no trouble finding side work
with the vintage car/motorcycle/tractor folks.

Cheers,

Jon A.