Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default metalworking

On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 13:32:53 -0500, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 20:35:18 -0400, Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 15:22:19 -0400, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Despite close competition Tim gets this week's prize for most hostile
response to a civil reply.

It certainly wasn't intended to be. I was under the impression I was
being factual and helpful.

Given the multiple nasty-grams back from the OP, however, NOW I'm
hostile.

--
Tim Wescott

He asked a question, you gave a civil reply to which he responded with
hostility. Is that clearer?

Sorry if my sentence structures are convoluted or ambiguous, they make
sense to me when I write them. The first drafts are -much- worse. -jsw

I do a considerable amount of writing in my professional career. It
doesn't matter how clear you are, _someone_ will misunderstand. And it
doesn't matter how clear you _think_ you are, every once in a while
you'll get it entirely wrong.

I write for myself setup information whenever I run a job on one of
the CNC machines. I try to be as concise as possible, enough so that
someone with practically no experience could do the setup. This way I
don't need to remember how I did the setup. These instructions, though
written by me and intended for me, still sometimes are confusing. It
really rankles me that I can't even write stuff for myself that I can
understand. And I recognize my writing style. I have read stuff that
people have reposted, some of it years old, and it looks familiar.
Then I get to the end and see my name. Yet I still have trouble
sometimes understanding the meaning of what I wrote, even though I
recognize the style.
Eric