Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What's it called?

I need an actuator that is instantaneous, and air powered. That is, the
piston would shoot out at the press of a button, instead of coming out at a
slow speed, as most actuators do. I need it to be air powered, and fairly
small and weak.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/7/2013 4:31 PM, Steve B wrote:
I need an actuator that is instantaneous, and air powered. That is, the
piston would shoot out at the press of a button, instead of coming out at a
slow speed, as most actuators do. I need it to be air powered, and fairly
small and weak.

Steve

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...sult?q=stapler
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-04-07, Steve B wrote:
I need an actuator that is instantaneous, and air powered. That is, the
piston would shoot out at the press of a button, instead of coming out at a
slow speed, as most actuators do. I need it to be air powered, and fairly
small and weak.

Pneumatic piloted piston valve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 7, 4:31*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I need an actuator that is instantaneous, and air powered. *That is, the
piston would shoot out at the press of a button, instead of coming out at a
slow speed, as most actuators do. *I need it to be air powered, and fairly
small and weak.

Steve

Do you ever do an research on your own?

http://www.bimba.com/

You truly are a blithering idiot.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"mike" wrote in message
On 4/7/2013 4:31 PM, Steve B wrote:
I need an actuator that is instantaneous, and air powered. That is, the
piston would shoot out at the press of a button, instead of coming out at
slow speed, as most actuators do. I need it to be air powered, and
fairly
small and weak.

Steve

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...sult?q=stapler

You know, I have a stapler that I might try tomorrow with no staples. Just
press it down on the end of the nut, and perhaps it may have the right
amount of oomph to do just what I want it to do. The goal here is to
fracture around both ends so that the shell can be pulled off, but not
fracture so bad that it breaks up the meat inside.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/8/2013 12:04 AM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
On 4/7/2013 4:31 PM, Steve B wrote:
I need an actuator that is instantaneous, and air powered. That is, the
piston would shoot out at the press of a button, instead of coming out at
slow speed, as most actuators do. I need it to be air powered, and
fairly
small and weak.

Steve

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...sult?q=stapler

You know, I have a stapler that I might try tomorrow with no staples. Just
press it down on the end of the nut, and perhaps it may have the right
amount of oomph to do just what I want it to do. The goal here is to
fracture around both ends so that the shell can be pulled off, but not
fracture so bad that it breaks up the meat inside.

Steve

No, that's not the way, Steve.

Get a big solenoid and mount it on a board with a nut stop and bang away.

Push button pecan cracker.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, April 7, 2013 7:50:27 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
On Apr 7, 4:31*pm, "Steve B" wrote:

I need an actuator that is instantaneous, and air powered. *That is, the

piston would shoot out at the press of a button, instead of coming out at a

slow speed, as most actuators do. *I need it to be air powered, and fairly

small and weak.

Steve

Do you ever do an research on your own?

http://www.bimba.com/

You truly are a blithering idiot.

Why should he when you seem happy to supply answers to his questions?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 7, 4:31*pm, "Steve B" wrote:

I need an actuator that is instantaneous, and air powered. *That is, the

piston would shoot out at the press of a button, instead of coming out at a

slow speed, as most actuators do. *I need it to be air powered, and fairly

small and weak.

Steve

Do you ever do an research on your own?

http://www.bimba.com/

You truly are a blithering idiot.

Why should he when you seem happy to supply answers to his questions?

Steve B can't do anything with the information. Providing the
information might make for good dialog with others.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 7, 10:04*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"mike" wrote in message

On 4/7/2013 4:31 PM, Steve B wrote:
I need an actuator that is instantaneous, and air powered. *That is, the
piston would shoot out at the press of a button, instead of coming out at
slow speed, as most actuators do. *I need it to be air powered, and
fairly
small and weak.

Steve

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...sult?q=stapler

You know, I have a stapler that I might try tomorrow with no staples. *Just
press it down on the end of the nut, and perhaps it may have the right
amount of oomph to do just what I want it to do. *The goal here is to
fracture around both ends so that the shell can be pulled off, but not
fracture so bad that it breaks up the meat inside.

Steve

Suggest loading it with staples and then stapling your hands to your
sides. This way you won't make more of an ass out of yourself than you
already have. I'm not sure that's even possible but why take a chance?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 7, 4:31 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

I need an actuator that is instantaneous, and air powered. That is, the

piston would shoot out at the press of a button, instead of coming out
at a

slow speed, as most actuators do. I need it to be air powered, and
fairly

small and weak.

Steve

Do you ever do an research on your own?

http://www.bimba.com/

You truly are a blithering idiot.

Why should he when you seem happy to supply answers to his questions?

* * *

And if we were all geniuses, like YKW, we could just get rid of the
newsgroup, as it would not serve any purpose.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, April 7, 2013 7:50:27 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

Do you ever do an research on your own?

"An research"?

Well, yes, I have been to many sites, most having way more than I need.
Just trying to thin it down, and figure there are people here who know more
than I do when it comes to that. Maybe even someone who actually uses these
things, and who is very well versed in them. You DO understand the concept
of someone knowing more than you, right? No? .................. sigh

http://www.bimba.com/

Lotsa big spendy stuff waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than what I need.
And yes, I already found that one, and went there myself.

You truly are a blithering idiot.

At least I make attempts to communicate with people and understand the
concept of help, and mutual effort, rather than one who knows it all.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 8, 9:15*am, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

You neither read or understand the majority of my posts, Steve. In
addition, you are unable to properly evaluate someones mechanical
skills as can be seen in your recent comments to Precision Machinist.
Precision Machinist has forgotten more about machining than you will
ever know and is far more mechanical than you will ever be.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I see nothing wrong with Steve's question, he did not know what it was
called, a perfect case for asking in a friendly newsgroup.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 8, 3:50*pm, Ignoramus24728 ignoramus24...@NOSPAM.
24728.invalid wrote:
I see nothing wrong with Steve's question, he did not know what it was
called, a perfect case for asking in a friendly newsgroup.

You see as well as Stevie Wonder does.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

24728.invalid wrote:
I see nothing wrong with Steve's question, he did not know what it was
called, a perfect case for asking in a friendly newsgroup.

You see as well as Stevie Wonder does.

Jon, go tell your mom she's calling for you...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

m...
24728.invalid wrote:
I see nothing wrong with Steve's question, he did not know what it was
called, a perfect case for asking in a friendly newsgroup.

You see as well as Stevie Wonder does.

Jon, go tell your mom she's calling for you...

And Jon, you're a ****ing idiot who knows very little about metalwork. You
are on my **** list, and I don't know why I'm even getting into this pig
wrestling match.

I am what most people would consider an expert about welding. And diving.
And a few other things. I have no problem whatsoever helping out a newbie,
or just someone who is stuck, or going at something the wrong way.

I guess it just comes down to fiber. What you're made of. And Jon, you
show yours regularly. How the hell old are you? I'd say either very young
because of your immature attitude, or very old because of your displays of
senility and dementia.

Now back in the round file with you. No more wasting time on you, ****tard.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Aw-right.

BOTH of you go to your rooms!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

m...

24728.invalid *wrote:
[...]

The funny part is you actually think I give a **** what a blithering
idiot like you thinks. That you can't keep me in your kill file and
that you are still reading my posts shows how full of **** you are.
You read my posts because you learn from them. I read your posts to
see what ignorant nonsense you will come up with next. You're a
complete moron who can't think mechanically and I doubt you can weld
either.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

24728.invalid *wrote:
I see nothing wrong with Steve's question, he did not know what it was
called, a perfect case for asking in a friendly newsgroup.

You see as well as Stevie Wonder does.

Jon, go tell your mom she's calling for you...

Richard go tell your dad I'm done with your mom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

24728.invalid wrote:
I see nothing wrong with Steve's question, he did not know what it was
called, a perfect case for asking in a friendly newsgroup.

You see as well as Stevie Wonder does.

Jon, go tell your mom she's calling for you...

Richard go tell your dad I'm done with your mom.

Uncalled for.
Disrespectful.
Nasty.
petulant child.

Jon, you are losing my respect...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

24728.invalid * *wrote:
I see nothing wrong with Steve's question, he did not know what it was
called, a perfect case for asking in a friendly newsgroup.

You see as well as Stevie Wonder does.

Jon, go tell your mom she's calling for you...

Richard go tell your dad I'm done with your mom.

Uncalled for.
Disrespectful.
Nasty.
petulant child.

Jon, you are losing my respect...

Richard, I don't want or need your respect.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

24728.invalid wrote:
I see nothing wrong with Steve's question, he did not know what it was
called, a perfect case for asking in a friendly newsgroup.

You see as well as Stevie Wonder does.

Jon, go tell your mom she's calling for you...

Richard go tell your dad I'm done with your mom.

Uncalled for.
Disrespectful.
Nasty.
petulant child.

Jon, you are losing my respect...

Richard, I don't want or need your respect.

That's fortunate.

Because respect is earned.
And you are not doing that.

Jon, You seem to have some serious emotional issues that you can't quite
control and are using this forum to vent.

You are stalking people and trying to pick fights.

I'll have none of it.

Good bye.
Good luck.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

24728.invalid * * *wrote:
I see nothing wrong with Steve's question, he did not know what it was
called, a perfect case for asking in a friendly newsgroup.

You see as well as Stevie Wonder does.

Jon, go tell your mom she's calling for you...

Richard go tell your dad I'm done with your mom.

Uncalled for.
Disrespectful.
Nasty.
petulant child.

Jon, you are losing my respect...

Richard, I don't want or need your respect.

That's fortunate.

Because respect is earned.
And you are not doing that.

Jon, You seem to have some serious emotional issues that you can't quite
control and are using this forum to vent.

You are stalking people and trying to pick fights.

I'll have none of it.

Good bye.
Good luck.

You wanted some of it and I gave it to you. When you got it you didn't
like it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:
I need an actuator that is instantaneous, and air powered. That is,
the piston would shoot out at the press of a button, instead of
coming out at a slow speed, as most actuators do. I need it to be
air powered, and fairly small and weak.

That's the murder weapon in 'No Country for Old Men.'

You're not searching for a case full of money, are you?

"Call it, friendo."

;-)

zero, and remove the last word.