Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default What's it called?

On 4/8/2013 12:04 AM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
On 4/7/2013 4:31 PM, Steve B wrote:
I need an actuator that is instantaneous, and air powered. That is, the
piston would shoot out at the press of a button, instead of coming out at
slow speed, as most actuators do. I need it to be air powered, and
fairly
small and weak.

Steve

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...sult?q=stapler

You know, I have a stapler that I might try tomorrow with no staples. Just
press it down on the end of the nut, and perhaps it may have the right
amount of oomph to do just what I want it to do. The goal here is to
fracture around both ends so that the shell can be pulled off, but not
fracture so bad that it breaks up the meat inside.

Steve

No, that's not the way, Steve.

Get a big solenoid and mount it on a board with a nut stop and bang away.

Push button pecan cracker.