Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to cost efficiently clean rust from steel plate

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 14:16:21 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Jan 27, 1:32*pm, " wrote:
On Jan 27, 1:56*pm, jon_banquer wrote:

The wire wheel approach would be my last choice for removing rust from
large steel plates. No doubt iggy will go this way and then brag how
well it worked.

Why are you always so negative?

So what would be you first choice?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Dan

I've got every reason to be negative in this group. This newsgroup is
no longer about metalworking. It's now a group filled with phony
conservatives like Wieber that have no interest in improving their
metalworking skill set.

Then it is a little hard to understand why you infest this group. It
is basically a group for those who want to discuss recreational metal
working and is hardly where one would expect an ineffective computer
programmer to be found.

--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Jan 27, 1:32*pm, " wrote:
[...]

You're track record isn't much better than iggy's. If you don't like
what I post don't read it. Seems pretty simple to me.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 27, 4:07*pm, Gunner wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 05:02:28 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
On Jan 27, 2:11 am, jon_banquer wrote:

You're really very ****ing sloooooooooooooow. Watch it again, you
brain dead moron:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHt0XOyZUYg

I do not watch youtube videos. *They are generally a waste of time.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Dan

Your opinion is noted.

If found them to be fun, boring, interesting, sad, funny, informative
and occasionally not worth watching. But on the whole..rather good.

I have a Mod 14 Remington pump action rifle that Id never taken down.
A Pederson device..cringe.

Watched a video of it and learned the fast and easy way to break it
down.

Works well on an arm that is NOT intuitively easy to break down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1anUf-GUA3E

Anyone got any 30 Rem brass kicking around they want to trade?

Gunner

1. Lie

People who refuse to watch video remind me of Cliff Huprich who
couldn't handle change. Huprich ended up mentally dead long before he
was physically dead because he stopped learning and thought he knew
everything.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Jan 27, 1:32*pm, " wrote:
[...]

Post from John B. / J.B. Slocomb on topic and offering any legitimate
advice in this thread - zero, nada, zilch, none.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:07:05 PM UTC-6, Ignoramus25707 wrote:
I have a bunch of street plate steel, that I want to magically

transform into welding tables.

They have rust on them, it is not horribly deep, but it needs to be

removed.

What is the most efficient way to do it using, say, a 9 inch angle

grinder. What abrasive things are best for it?

I wonder if you could do it electrically? Say with a large piece of cloth saturated with PH Up from a swimming pool supply and a power supply. Pos side of the power supply hooked to a piece of sheetmetal, laid on top of the saturated cloth, and the neg side hooked to the plate. I do this with smaller parts in a bath often and it removes rust quite well, but slow

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message

If you had a better education, you would be able to respond without using
profanity.

The choice to exclude profanity from one's vocabulary has nothing to do with
his quality of education.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message

I do not watch youtube videos. They are generally a waste of time.

HAHAHA!!!

--instead, you sit on usenet blathering about profanity....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 27, 4:59*pm, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:
wrote in message

I do not watch youtube videos. *They are generally a waste of time.

HAHAHA!!!

--instead, you sit on usenet blathering about profanity....

Dan constantly tries to troll me asking for pictures of my home shop
because he doesn't like the fact that I have the keys to a clients
shop and can use that shop whenever I want, to do whatever I want. The
troll doesn't work and just makes Dan look like a complete asshole.

In this day and age, it's ****ing insane not to make use of video.
It's not even an age thing. It's a mentality. I don't know what Dan
learned in the college he loves to brag about attending but it sure as
**** wasn't how to teach yourself. Isn't learning to teach yourself
the main concept of going to school to begin with? Seems to me that
Dan never grasped the basics.

Dan, Rudy Kouhoupt didn't start making metalworking videos until very
late in his life and I think he was making metalworking videos just
before he died. Maybe you should start with some of Rudy Kouhoupt
videos. I'm sure he will love them as they go very
sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ow.

http://smartflix.com/store/video/52/...athe-Operation

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 27, 7:54*pm, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

The choice to exclude profanity from one's vocabulary has nothing to do with
his quality of education.

In your case, the intelligence and knowledge are clearly there
regardless of profanity. Some others seem to resort to profanity
because they have nothing to say.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The choice to exclude profanity from one's vocabulary has nothing to do with
his quality of education.

In your case, the intelligence and knowledge are clearly there
regardless of profanity. *Some others seem to *resort to profanity
because they have nothing to say.

Dan

In your case you prove how ****ing stupid you are with every post.
From what I can tell, you're very close to completely brain dead.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 27, 8:41*pm, jon_banquer wrote:

Dan constantly tries to troll me asking for pictures of my home shop
because he doesn't like the fact that I have the keys to a clients
shop and can use that shop whenever I want, to do whatever I want. The
troll doesn't work and just makes Dan look like a complete asshole.

I tweak you about your shop because you are so negative about the
pictures of the shops of others. And yet you have not posted any
pictures of your shop.

In this day and age, it's ****ing insane not to make use of video.
It's not even an age thing. It's a mentality. I don't know what Dan
learned in the college he loves to brag about attending but it sure as
**** wasn't how to teach yourself. Isn't learning to teach yourself
the main concept of going to school to begin with? Seems to me that
Dan never grasped the basics.

I agree that it is important to know how to research and learn. And
have had to do a lot of that. I am a bit older than you, so in
college I learned how to design with vacuum tubes. After college i
had to learn how to design with transistor, then integrated circuits,
microprocessors, gate arrays etc. The big problem with video is that
is in real time, and I find reading is much faster. Besides you can
easily skip over the parts you already know.

Dan

Dan, Rudy Kouhoupt didn't start making metalworking videos until very
late in his life and I think he was making metalworking videos just
before he died. Maybe you should start with some of Rudy Kouhoupt
videos. I'm sure he will love them as they go very
sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ow.

http://smartflix.com/store/video/52/...hine-Lathe-Ope...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 27, 7:07*pm, Gunner wrote:

I do not watch youtube videos. *They are generally a waste of time.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Dan

Your opinion is noted.

There are some youtube videos that are good, but in most cases the
video is slow compared with reading. So in general I skip the
videos.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:
On 1/25/2013 6:21 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Tom Gardner" mars@tacks wrote in message
Actually, I have the PERFECT solution! It' just not patented yet
and in prototype.

Wire brushes on a Roto-Tiller?

It's already been done! And, can you guess who did it?
Oh yea...that would be me. Mostly used to clean/prep metal roofs for
coating.
http://www.wisesales.com/shindaiwa-c...l#.UQWHjb-0Bck

Nice. What kind of rpm can that handle? You don't make something
similar that would fit on a long arbor buffer do you?

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 27, 5:16*pm, jon_banquer wrote:

It's hard to give a first choice because iggy is a worthless piece of
**** who as per usual he have left out very important details such as:

How many plates need to be done per month? Are all the plates the same
size? If not, what is the largest size plate that will need to be
prepped. Does he have the space for dip tanks? Does he have a place
outside or a room to safely sand blast in? Does he have other
applications that would justify sand blasting. How big is his
compressor? Does he have a fresh air respirator?

http://www.nortonsandblasting.com/nsbNova3hoodSale.html

Does he have a shop laborer who has time to run a sand blaster? Has he
called a 3M rep and asked them to stop by and make suggestions on
which product they recommend?

I have a hard time with your logic. Iggy has not presented enough
information to make a first choice, yet you can make a last choice.

Based on Iggy's previous posts, I would expect that he is thinking in
terms of three of four in a month and getting them clean enough to be
part of a welding table. And the size is what turns up so could be
from a couple of feet square to maybe as large as 4 by 10. So perfect
is not needed. Hardly worth setting up sand blaster and dip tanks
would just take a lot of room for not much use.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 27, 6:43*pm, " wrote:
[...]

Are you ****ing kidding me? There is almost no setup work with a
sandblaster. Watch this and get some ****ing clues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgcbQG9I0TE

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 18:27:45 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Jan 27, 7:07*pm, Gunner wrote:

I do not watch youtube videos. *They are generally a waste of time.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Dan

Your opinion is noted.

There are some youtube videos that are good, but in most cases the
video is slow compared with reading. So in general I skip the
videos.

Dan

Some times it is..other times the reading material is worse than the
videos.

Shrug

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

I agree that it is important to know how to research and learn. And
have had to do a lot of that. I am a bit older than you, so in
college I learned how to design with vacuum tubes. After college i
had to learn how to design with transistor, then integrated circuits,
microprocessors, gate arrays etc. The big problem with video is that
is in real time, and I find reading is much faster. Besides you can
easily skip over the parts you already know.

There is the time bar at the bottom of the video. Click on it and
drag it past what you don't want to see. This works, as long as that
part has been downloaded.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Tom Gardner" mars@tacks wrote in message

Actually, I have the PERFECT solution! It' just not patented yet
and in prototype.

Wire brushes on a Roto-Tiller?

A Phaser set on Annoy?

Of anybody, YOU could probably build one! Can I have a prototype!
Could you add an "IRRITATE" setting for me?

Already done and in the testing stages.

You know that setting only works on liberals, don't you?

The list of settings from the user manual of the Anti-Liberal Phaser:

00: Saftey W/child proof lock to keep Liberals from hurting themselves.
01: Annoy
02: Irritate
03: Bug
04: Infuriate
05: Enrage
06: ****ed off
07: Make their hollow heads ring like a cheap cow bell
08: Inflame
09: Crispy critter
10: Dust unto dust

Truely a "Smart Weapon". Like Biden wants. The hard part will be to
make it work with all newsreaders so you can click a button when you
reply to a liberal, and really make his head explode.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J.B.Slocomb" wrote:

Then it is a little hard to understand why you infest this group. It
is basically a group for those who want to discuss recreational metal
working and is hardly where one would expect an ineffective computer
programmer to be found.

Certainly not a two bit programmer, in a 64 bit world.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 27, 8:36*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
"J.B.Slocomb" wrote:

Then it is a little hard to understand why you infest this group. It
is basically a group for those who want to discuss recreational metal
working and is hardly where one would expect an ineffective computer
programmer to be found.

* *Certainly not a two bit programmer, in a 64 bit world.

Terrell doesn't even have two bits to fix his badly leaking roofs.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 28, 12:16*am, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

Syphilitic vamp.

Most that use profanity do not have you vocabulary.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Syphilitic vamp.

Most that use profanity do not have you vocabulary.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Dan

Many that do use profanity would be amused by the mistake in your one
sentence response.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

[...]

I'll take two, one black and one chrome.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-01-28, wrote:
[...]

I have four plates right now and no more are forthcoming.

I do not personally expect anything useful out of debates with
Mr. 'banquer'.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

[...]

Good. The pink model is only sold to liberals. It only has one
setting, and shoots the owner. It also makes every liberal in a half
mile radius pee themselves while giggling like six year old girls.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 28, 7:09*am, Ignoramus9260
On 2013-01-28, wrote:

[...]

What iggy expects is for me to sell him top quality tools for nothing.
Because I won't do it, I'm no ****ing good. LOL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message ...

Most that use profanity do not have you vocabulary.

Doubtful claim.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-01-28, wrote:

[...]

All anyone expects out of you, little jonny banqueer, is vitriol and
bull****. You're a ****bag - no redeeming value at all. Someone is
going to bust your head some day, and the world will applaud.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-01-28, wrote:

[...]

For someone who buys, fixes and sells equipment, I would think a
portable pressurized sandblaster is pretty basic equipment to own:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...Google&cm_ite=
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message ...

in college I learned how to design with vacuum tubes.

Identify the value of component Rk in the following item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RCA-TUBE-AMP...-/150984104264

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message

wrote in message

in college I learned how to design with vacuum tubes.

Identify the value of component Rk in the following item:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RCA-TUBE-AMP...-/150984104264

Rk = Vg/Ip

In the movie "The Red Tent" the stranded aviators substituted pencil
lead for a broken one in their radio.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message

in college I learned how to design with vacuum tubes.

Identify the value of component Rk in the following item:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RCA-TUBE-AMP...-/150984104264

Rk = Vg/Ip

Only if you want zero clipping...

In the movie "The Red Tent" the stranded aviators substituted pencil
lead for a broken one in their radio.

What is the value of the one in the amplifier pictured above ?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 09:09:13 -0600, Ignoramus9260
wrote:

On 2013-01-28, wrote:
[...]

Depending on how severe the rust is you might try a concentrated
phosphoric acid. We buy it here and depending on the severity of the
rust dilute it from 1 - 1 to 10 - 1., brush it on and let it dry.

--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--snip--

Here's a nice new revolver for libruls http://tinyurl.com/a7g5am5
Now in automatic! http://tinyurl.com/avc4zxw

--
Poverty is easy. It's Charity and Chastity that are hard.
--anon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 28, 4:41*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:07:01 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

wrote:

--snip--

* * Truely a "Smart Weapon". Like Biden wants. *The hard part will be to
make it work with all newsreaders so you can click a button when you
reply to a liberal, and really make his head explode.

I'll take two, one black and one chrome.

* Good. *The pink model is only sold to liberals. *It only has one
setting, and shoots the owner. *It also makes every liberal in a half
mile radius pee themselves while giggling like six year old girls.

Here's a nice new revolver for libruls *http://tinyurl.com/a7g5am5
Now in automatic! *http://tinyurl.com/avc4zxw

--
Poverty is easy. *It's Charity and Chastity that are hard.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *--anon

Yet another attempt by phony conservative scumbags Larry Jackass, Tom
Gardner and Michael Terrell to move a metal topic to a political one.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

? wrote in message

? in college I learned how to design with vacuum tubes.

?Identify the value of component Rk in the following item:
?http://www.ebay.com/itm/RCA-TUBE-AMP...-/150984104264

Rk = Vg/Ip

In the movie "The Red Tent" the stranded aviators substituted pencil
lead for a broken one in their radio.

What crap solder work on that chassis. They used cheapo coupling
caps & left the original electrolytics.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

? wrote in message

? in college I learned how to design with vacuum tubes.

?Identify the value of component Rk in the following item:
?http://www.ebay.com/itm/RCA-TUBE-AMP...-/150984104264

Rk = Vg/Ip

In the movie "The Red Tent" the stranded aviators substituted pencil
lead for a broken one in their radio.

What crap solder work on that chassis. They used cheapo coupling
caps & left the original electrolytics.

The electrolytics they "left" are not coupling caps, they are B+ filter caps
for a preamp that resides on a separate chassis.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-01-28, Ignoramus9260 wrote:

I have four plates right now and no more are forthcoming.

I do not personally expect anything useful out of debates with
Mr. 'banquer'.

Just as I said that, I was proven wrong.

At a recent auction, I won this lot of five steel plates, plus one
stainless steel sheet on top.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...671#top oflot

What is even better, is that I won a floor burnisher for which, I
believe, I have a steel bristled brush.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotImag... 4&url=167.jpg

Those plates are not badly rusted or pitted, they just need minor
cleaning.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...d=61669&lid=15...

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotImag...07&aid=61669&l....

Those plates are not badly rusted or pitted, they just need minor
cleaning.

Imagine that. I'm in total shock... not.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer fired this volley in news:cb6848c1-2919-
:

And your responses are just as imaginative as your (big quotes) "IDEAS"...
(But at least you're consistent... same response every time... twit!)

LMAO..ROTFL What a moron!
Lloyd