Default flitch beam - cost of steel plate ?

Flitch beams 4 metres long.
How much would I expect to pay for steel plate 10mm thick x approx
180mm x 4 metres ?
Thanks,
Simon.

Tony Bryer

Check out
http://www.buildersbeams.co.uk/Produ...itchPlates.htm

for standard sizes (no prices shown)

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

Set Square

Tony Bryer wrote:

Check out
http://www.buildersbeams.co.uk/Produ...itchPlates.htm

for standard sizes (no prices shown)

There seems to be something missing from the table. For each width, it
quotes 6 different weights per metre - presumably for different
thicknesses - but it doesn't say what the thickness *is*.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Just looked at my records and I paid about £430 (inc VAT) for all my
steel. However at least £200 of that was nuts, bolts, plate washers,
timber connectors, and joist hangers. So the flitch plates could not
have been more than £50 each. That was for four plates averaging 4m
each, 8mm thick, 200mm high. It included the drilling and painting with
passivating paint. More details he

John, can you let me know who your supplier was for the steel.
Cheers,
Simon.

John Rumm

wrote:

John, can you let me know who your supplier was for the steel.

O.I.W. (Steels) Ltd
12 Benfleet Road
Hadleigh
Essex SS7 1QB