Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dowsing

"Gunner Asch" wrote

Doug..its obvious that you dont believe dowsing works.
Others have the opposite opinion.

Why not leave it at that?

Gunner

Some people just have to be right, GODDAMMIT! And you may not have any
differing opinion. You must have met someone like this in your life up to
this point ..........

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"mike" wrote

Some people believe it.
Some people are entertained by it.
Some people profit from it.
For all those reasons, we still have psychics, palm readers, astrologers,
dowsers, etc.

I wonder how much people are affected by their daily horoscope
published in the newspaper.

As a stockbroker, you might do a lot calling when the horoscope
alludes to an opportunity presenting itself. You probably know the
birth date of your clients. I'll bet "There's an app for that" ;-)

If the horoscope says, "you will meet a tall, dark, stranger",
that might be the day to wander around the shopping mall standing
up really straight and acting strangely????????
;-) ;-)

My wife watches "The Mentalist". It is a program where an false psychic
helps police investigations. He seems to be able to discern things others
cannot. But when he reveals how he reached his conclusion, it is always
from facts that were obvious to all, just not picked up on.

People who are good listeners, observers, followers of body language, who
understand microemotion displays, etc. are able to make a lot of money by
just finding some rich people and telling them what they want to hear, using
information that's been given.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote

Actually..it is. Ive found far too many leech lines, gas lines, electric
lines and so forth for it to be a matter of opinion.

When looking for a line, there's usually three kinds of people:

The engineer who has his papers and says, "Oh, it's definitely right here,
the paper says so."

The Doug type who's already getting the backhoe warmed up, and itching to
dig some big holes.

And a witcher who's already out there with a small shovel, digging a couple
of test holes, and who has probably already found it.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Phil Kangas" wrote

The difference is water vs. a water pipe or electrical cable.
I have done this and it does work! Anyone can do this, there
is no magic involved. Dowsing for water is what is controversial.
Go try it yourself if you don't believe it. What's so hard about
that? phil k.

I'm with you, Phil. I guess some people want to argue about anything. I
think those little boxes they carry around and sense the ground with work on
some sort of the same principle.

I purposely did the youtube because I have had many people ask on Usenet how
to find a line. Go witch it. To which the answer was a **** storm. So, I
did that simple youtobe to show how to do it, and that I can do it, and that
it does work. Well, I did not dig up the indicated lines, but I DID bury
them, so I know where they were, except for the hose laying on the surface.
I guess I need to do another, and show the sensors react to the hose, then
move the hose, and show that it now does not react to the hose since it's
gone, but will sense the hose in its new position. I've done my part.

It's just like asking the best welding hat, or rod, or jeans. Everyone has
their own opinions, but there are some people who are just so psychotic that
THEIRS is the right answer.

I have found "anomalies" while doswing, and digging it up, found an old tin
can or lid or some other metal object. I have even found coins.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message ...

Terry wrote:
On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:06:57 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

(...)

Jeez. Gunner, you're awfully cavalier about $1 million. Did you come into
big inheritance or something?

If it's worked for you myriad times, surely you can come up with a
demonstration that will win the prize. Go for it!

The great thing about Randi's prize is:

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html
"The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than
helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under
which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the
participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the
applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary
test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal
test."

So the *applicant* approves the tests. What could be better? I'd
think that anyone who truly believes in their own ability to dowse (or
speak to the dead, or generate spells, orinsert favorite paranormal
activity) would jump at the chance for a million bucks.

The next 'newsgroup gambit' might be to assert
that dowsing (for _anything_) is proven technique
and does not involve the "paranormal, supernatural,
or occult". Therefore it is ineligible for
consideration in the Challenge.

However, that wouldn't wash because
JREF reveals previous 'dowsing' claimants
as legitimate applicants:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=85571
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=87076
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=112989
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=132844

http://forums.randi.org/forumdisplay.php?f=43

--Winston -- Can make espresso... DISAPPEAR!

[reply]

You're a regular magician, Winnie. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

You're a regular magician, Winnie. d8-)

Now watch carefully as I turn in, to a Hardware Store!

--Winnie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:59:45 -0800, "Steve B" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote

Doug..its obvious that you dont believe dowsing works.
Others have the opposite opinion.

Why not leave it at that?

Gunner

Some people just have to be right, GODDAMMIT! And you may not have any
differing opinion. You must have met someone like this in your life up to
this point ..........

Steve

Indeed. Though most of them are Leftwingers. And they are generally
mentally ill.......

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:36:29 -0800, Winston
wrote:

--Winston -- Can make espresso... DISAPPEAR!

Yeah, but for how long? And then they turn into 40 cups of espresso
for every one drank, just like beer?

--
Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
-- Seneca
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message On 11/17/2011
1:51 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:

I have done this and it does work! Anyone can
do
this, there
is no magic involved. Dowsing for water is what
is
controversial.
Go try it yourself if you don't believe it.
What's
so hard about
that?

Garbage. It doesn't work at all. You think it
does? Go demonstrate it, and collect your
million bucks.

What's so hard about that?

What we are talking about is finding a buried pipe
or electrical cable.
Telephone repair men find buried lines by the
magnetic field of the line.
Power company guys do the same. Troops in a war
zone find IEDs
by the magnetic field. Hunters and hikers are
careful to watch for
abnormal deflections on their compasses. There is
nothing new
about this topic. Get off your ass and go outside
and try it, maybe
you'll be the winner? Or are there a million
people ahead of you?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

--Winston-- Can make espresso... DISAPPEAR!

Yeah, but for how long?

Not one cup of espresso has ever re-appeared!

And then they turn into 40 cups of espresso
for every one drank, just like beer?

Hey, we were talking *input* not *output*.

--Winston -- Espresso and steak in, Coors beer
and commercial television out.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Proving it works is one thing. Collecting the money is another.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

--Winston-- Can make espresso... DISAPPEAR!

Yeah, but for how long?

Not one cup of espresso has ever re-appeared!

Then you're not making it strong enough. My pee smells distinctly like
coffee or espresso an hour later.

And then they turn into 40 cups of espresso
for every one drank, just like beer?

Hey, we were talking *input* not *output*.

Hey, I'm just trying to qualify your "disappear" boast.
So, hand me $30k and I'll make it disappear, too, and it won't be
coming back. Pretty please?

--Winston -- Espresso and steak in, Coors beer
and commercial television out.

Now I'll agree, but I used to be a Coors drinker, when they were out
of Lucky Lager. Both nearly went tits-up when I quit drinking. Them
and the rum makers.

--
Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
-- Seneca
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 17, 4:59*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:59:45 -0800, "Steve B" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote

Doug..its obvious that you dont believe dowsing works.
Others have the opposite opinion.

Why not leave it at that?

Gunner

Some people just have to be right, GODDAMMIT! *And you may not have any
differing opinion. *You must have met someone like this in your life up to
this point ..........

Steve

Indeed. Though most of them are Leftwingers. *And they are generally
mentally ill.......

Gunner

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Gunner Asch

Now THAT is funny. Anyone who doesn't belive what Gumball says is
"mentally ill."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/17/2011 3:12 PM, Steve B wrote:

I purposely did the youtube because I have had many people ask on Usenet how
to find a line. Go witch it. To which the answer was a **** storm. So, I
did that simple youtobe to show how to do it, and that I can do it, and that
it does work.

No, it does not work, and no, you cannot do it. Dowsing is a fraud that
only the gullible believe. You're only fooling yourself.

If you're so sure that it does work, and you can do it, then contact the
JREF, go demonstrate it, and claim your million dollars.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

1:51 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:

[...]

What does any of that have to do with dowsing?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:53:19 -0800,
wrote:

(...)

Not one cup of espresso has ever re-appeared!

Then you're not making it strong enough. My pee smells distinctly like
coffee or espresso an hour later.

Starbucks - scented Coors! I've made plenty of that
over the years. Transmutation isn't resurrection, though.

(...)

Hey, we were talking *input* not *output*.

Hey, I'm just trying to qualify your "disappear" boast.
So, hand me $30k and I'll make it disappear, too, and it won't be
coming back. Pretty please?

I never ask another to do a trick I already know.

--Winston-- Espresso and steak in, Coors beer
and commercial television out.

Now I'll agree, but I used to be a Coors drinker, when they were out
of Lucky Lager. Both nearly went tits-up when I quit drinking. Them
and the rum makers.

My BIL introduced me to that crap 40 years ago.
I positively loved Dos Equis Dark!
Didn't like San Miguel.
Never tasted Falstaff, though I suspect it was
indistinguishable from any of the pilsner junk
that we American chaps call 'beer'.

'Haven't had a drink in 28 years and I miss it
less every day.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
On 11/17/2011 3:12 PM, Steve B wrote:

I purposely did the youtube because I have had many people ask on Usenet
how
to find a line. Go witch it. To which the answer was a **** storm. So,
did that simple youtobe to show how to do it, and that I can do it, and
that
it does work.

No, it does not work, and no, you cannot do it. Dowsing is a fraud that
only the gullible believe. You're only fooling yourself.

If you're so sure that it does work, and you can do it, then contact the
JREF, go demonstrate it, and claim your million dollars.

I WOULD, but I have to go to The Flat Earth Society convention for the next
week.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

1:51 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:

[...]

More than what you're posting. You're a broken record.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:05:12 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:53:19 -0800,
wrote:

(...)

[...]

Today, I cannot understand how I could drink that stinky crap.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

'Haven't had a drink in 28 years and I miss it
less every day.

Ditto, 27-1/4 years here.

--
Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
-- Seneca
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

'Haven't had a drink in 28 years and I miss it
less every day.

Ditto, 27-1/4 years here.

Good on ya!

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Edward A. Falk wrote:
In ,
Phil wrote:

What we are talking about is finding a buried pipe
or electrical cable.
Telephone repair men find buried lines by the
magnetic field of the line.
Power company guys do the same. Troops in a war
zone find IEDs
by the magnetic field. ...

They have electronic equipment to do this.

The James Randi foundation has a million dollar prize waiting
for anybody who can show that dowsing works under controlled
conditions. So far, nobody's done it.

http://www.pbs.org/saf/transcripts/transcript802.htm#3

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 18, 2:32*pm, Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

'Haven't had a drink in 28 years and I miss it
less every day.

Ditto, 27-1/4 years here.

Good on ya!

--Winston

27 1/4 years without a cigarette. I still reach into my pocket looking
for them. So, what was it about 1983-1984 that made people give things
up?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:
On Nov 18, 2:32 pm, wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

'Haven't had a drink in 28 years and I miss it
less every day.

Ditto, 27-1/4 years here.

Good on ya!

--Winston

27 1/4 years without a cigarette. I still reach into my pocket looking
for them.

Those things killed my dad and SWMBOs mom.
You dodged a bullet.

So, what was it about 1983-1984 that made people give things
up?

It was difficult, because my boss and co-workers
made a point of going out for pizza and beer at
least once a week, sometimes twice.
I really liked those "lunches" but after months
of this I just felt awful, with bloat and stomach
problems.
My boss didn't understand why I started begging off
of "pizza lunches" and tried to convince me to join
them again. I didn't have the testicular mass to
tell him I thought the group was headed for
alcoholism.

I tried something different.
I joined the corporate gym and went on fast jogs
around the park behind the company. A shower and
a modest snack followed.
I started feeling much better and before long
I lost a *lot* of weight and my muscle tone and
endurance really improved. I noticed that I was
thinking more clearly too.

So I figured my conscious steered me in the right
direction.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:21:37 -0800, Winston
wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:
On Nov 18, 2:32 pm, wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

'Haven't had a drink in 28 years and I miss it
less every day.

Ditto, 27-1/4 years here.

Good on ya!

--Winston

27 1/4 years without a cigarette. I still reach into my pocket looking
for them.

Those things killed my dad and SWMBOs mom.
You dodged a bullet.

So, what was it about 1983-1984 that made people give things
up?

'85 for me. Age of Enlightenment.

It was difficult, because my boss and co-workers
made a point of going out for pizza and beer at
least once a week, sometimes twice.
I really liked those "lunches" but after months
of this I just felt awful, with bloat and stomach
problems.

I got considerable gas from that diet, too. SBD, with everyone in the
office moving away from me and opening the door to the back. Talk
about embarassing.

My boss didn't understand why I started begging off
of "pizza lunches" and tried to convince me to join
them again. I didn't have the testicular mass to
tell him I thought the group was headed for
alcoholism.

It could have meant your job, and they wouldn't have listened anyway.

'Twas a smart move staying mum.

I tried something different.
I joined the corporate gym and went on fast jogs
around the park behind the company. A shower and
a modest snack followed.
I started feeling much better and before long
I lost a *lot* of weight and my muscle tone and
endurance really improved. I noticed that I was
thinking more clearly too.

Extremely good move, sir. Kudos.

So I figured my conscious steered me in the right
direction.

Your who? Yes, indeedy. Listen to that intuition. It's there for
a reason.

--
Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
-- Seneca
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:21:37 -0800, Winston
wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:
On Nov 18, 2:32 pm, wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

[...]

Or you simply could have eaten less pizza, drank less or no beer and
been the designated driver plus run the laps etc etc on your own time.

And been popular amongst the group. Sometimes this works..sometimes it
only gets puke on your floor boards.

But there were a number of options.

Gunner, who doesnt drink but loves pizza and doesnt mind telling them to
puke in the bag I keep under the seat for just such occasions. Well..its
a dog turd bag...but the pukeee never notices

Gunner Asch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Gunner, who doesnt drink but loves pizza and doesnt mind telling them to
puke in the bag I keep under the seat for just such occasions. Well..its
a dog turd bag...but the pukeee never notices

The dog will, when you pull it out the next time! ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:21:56 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Gunner, who doesnt drink but loves pizza and doesnt mind telling them to
puke in the bag I keep under the seat for just such occasions. Well..its
a dog turd bag...but the pukeee never notices

The dog will, when you pull it out the next time! ;-)

LOL!!!

Naw..I usually drop the bag in a dumpster behind the nearest 7-11 after
someone pukes in the truck. Though a couple times when they were
particularly obnoxious...as they were staggering out of the truck..I
hollared.."Hey..you forgot your take out!!" and hand the bag to
them..then drive off.

Last one was a gal who I had to keep fighting from unzipping me and
trying to give me head for taking her home while I was driving..right
before she blew chunks.
When she was sober..wouldnt even look at me..so I let her have her "take
out" and take it into her apartment as I left.

Payback..sometimes is a real treat.

Shrug

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:21:37 -0800,
wrote:

(...)

So I figured my conscious steered me in the right
direction.

Your who? Yes, indeedy. Listen to that intuition. It's there for
a reason.

Sometimes when you "just don't know", you really do know.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:21:37 -0800,
wrote:

(...)

Or you simply could have eaten less pizza, drank less or no beer and
been the designated driver plus run the laps etc etc on your own time.

That wouldn't have worked.
My "won't power" would not have survived, seeing all
my friends having a good time.

And been popular amongst the group. Sometimes this works..sometimes it
only gets puke on your floor boards.

But there were a number of options.

There was only 'cold turkey' or remission.
'Cold Turkey' wasn't a lot of fun, but it was the
right choice, turns out. My boss left the company
and my new boss gave me lots of autonomy and
rewarded me well for my contributions.

Gunner, who doesnt drink but loves pizza and doesnt mind telling them to
puke in the bag I keep under the seat for just such occasions. Well..its
a dog turd bag...but the pukeee never notices

Doesn't sound like 'first prize' to me.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:20:13 -0800
wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

LOL. That's mean, but no doubt she worked hard to "earn it".
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 21:28:41 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:21:37 -0800,
wrote:

(...)

Or you simply could have eaten less pizza, drank less or no beer and
been the designated driver plus run the laps etc etc on your own time.

That wouldn't have worked.
My "won't power" would not have survived, seeing all
my friends having a good time.

So you cant have a good time unless you are drunk? Blink
blink...blink?

And been popular amongst the group. Sometimes this works..sometimes it
only gets puke on your floor boards.

But there were a number of options.

There was only 'cold turkey' or remission.
'Cold Turkey' wasn't a lot of fun, but it was the
right choice, turns out. My boss left the company
and my new boss gave me lots of autonomy and
rewarded me well for my contributions.

Good for having a smart boss!

Gunner, who doesnt drink but loves pizza and doesnt mind telling them to
puke in the bag I keep under the seat for just such occasions. Well..its
a dog turd bag...but the pukeee never notices

Doesn't sound like 'first prize' to me.

Their problem..not mine VBG

--Winston

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

(...)

So you cant have a good time unless you are drunk? Blink
blink...blink?

Heh! Actually I have a much better time not
drinking now, than I ever had 'back in the day'.

I would have felt a lot of pressure to pick
up a glass, surrounded by my pals who were
drinking. It is a mindless, operant conditioning
thing. Sorta like some ex-smokers who have
such a rough time *not* sparking up after meals.

Years afterward I was out to lunch with friends
at a different division of the company.
They really could not understand why I would
only have my soft drink and urged me to join
them in a pitcher or two.

*That* was difficult.

(...)

Good for having a smart boss!

Some of the bosses I've worked for since then
make Vic look like an unmitigated blessing.

I really didn't know how good I had it at the time
or how Purely Evil some managers can be.

--Winston -- In tonight's play the part of 'Infinite
Destruction' will be played by Mr. Saeed's
understudy, Satan, the Prince of Darkness.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 23:37:42 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

(...)

So you cant have a good time unless you are drunk? Blink
blink...blink?

Heh! Actually I have a much better time not
drinking now, than I ever had 'back in the day'.

I would have felt a lot of pressure to pick
up a glass, surrounded by my pals who were
drinking. It is a mindless, operant conditioning
thing. Sorta like some ex-smokers who have
such a rough time *not* sparking up after meals.

Years afterward I was out to lunch with friends
at a different division of the company.
They really could not understand why I would
only have my soft drink and urged me to join
them in a pitcher or two.

*That* was difficult.

I stopped drinking when I was about..humm...22 or 23 yrs old. I think I
related the story of the Pillsbury Dough Girl before..so I wont go into
it again. I found I was drinking out of boredom for the most part. I
still go to bars several nights a week, but I drink coke or pepsi. I
tend to be something of a people watcher..and occasionally a " watch out
for people"..and since Im usually carrying a pistol..booze is
contraindicated.

I suppose I could have more choices of ladies if I drank along with
them.and then took them home and had a drunken roll with them..but
somehow over the years Ive found that to be "less than satisfying". So I
find one who has had only a couple drinks..then take them home and have
marvelous good times with no hangovers and a second time in the morning
when we wake up.
Doesnt happen ever week, or even every couple weeks..but when it
happens..its very nice indeed.

And I do indeed have to deal with peer pressure..so I simply tell em Im
allergic to booze which is why I drink soft drinks. Most folks feel
sorry for me. VBG because of this. And I seldom even have to buy a
soft drink. At $2 a glass..its even cheaper than beer and the bar maids
dont mind doing free refills because I really am a nice guy Grin

(...)

Good for having a smart boss!

Some of the bosses I've worked for since then
make Vic look like an unmitigated blessing.

Which is why I work for myself. Im bad enough damnit!

I really didn't know how good I had it at the time
or how Purely Evil some managers can be.

--Winston -- In tonight's play the part of 'Infinite
Destruction' will be played by Mr. Saeed's
understudy, Satan, the Prince of Darkness.

Reminds me of a guy I worked for named Jerry Mills. He gave his wife
and his girlfriend (secretary) the clap 3-4 times and wrecked 3 cars in
the 2 yrs , 2 months and 9 days I worked for him.
5' 5": and every bit of it was drunken idiot.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston on Fri, 18 Nov 2011 23:37:42 -0800

Years afterward I was out to lunch with friends
at a different division of the company.
They really could not understand why I would
only have my soft drink and urged me to join
them in a pitcher or two.

Like the Sunday School teacher said "You don't have to smoke and
drink to have a good time."

*That* was difficult.

(...)

Good for having a smart boss!

Some of the bosses I've worked for since then
make Vic look like an unmitigated blessing.

I really didn't know how good I had it at the time
or how Purely Evil some managers can be.

Oh, man, was I late learning that.

--Winston -- In tonight's play the part of 'Infinite
Destruction' will be played by Mr. Saeed's
understudy, Satan, the Prince of Darkness.

ROFLMAO - love that sig.

--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich keyboarded (and moused):
on Fri, 18 Nov 2011 23:37:42 -0800

(...)

Like the Sunday School teacher said "You don't have to smoke and
drink to have a good time."

That is pretty sneaky, hiding a little truth like
that in a barrage of lying, manipulative gobbledygook.

(...)

I really didn't know how good I had it at the time
or how Purely Evil some managers can be.

Oh, man, was I late learning that.

People do strange things when their corporation has
them frightened literally 'out of their mind'.

--Winston-- In tonight's play the part of 'Infinite
Destruction' will be played by Mr. Saeed's
understudy, Satan, the Prince of Darkness.

ROFLMAO - love that sig.

--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.

I think that is very cool too!

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 19, 12:28*am, Winston wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:21:37 -0800,
wrote:

(...)

[...]

Gunner apparently doesn't understand addiction. Somehow, I'm not
surprised.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:53:41 -0500, "Phil Kangas"
wrote:

Get off your ass and go outside
and try it, maybe
you'll be the winner? Or are there a million
people ahead of you?

Why are you suggesting that someone else collect the million? Don't
you want it? Why are you here when you could be proving something that
you say is easy? What are the chances that you won't answer the
obvious questions?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:13:33 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

The next 'newsgroup gambit' might be to assert
that dowsing (for _anything_) is proven technique
and does not involve the "paranormal, supernatural,
or occult". Therefore it is ineligible for
consideration in the Challenge.

However, that wouldn't wash because
JREF reveals previous 'dowsing' claimants
as legitimate applicants:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=85571
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=87076
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=112989
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=132844

http://forums.randi.org/forumdisplay.php?f=43

You seem like a serious poster. Multiple people here are insisting
that they have the skills required to scoop up an easy milllion. Yet
they keep barking instead of scooping. Are they already rich or what?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The next 'newsgroup gambit' might be to assert
that dowsing (for _anything_) is proven technique
and does not involve the "paranormal, supernatural,
or occult". Therefore it is ineligible for
consideration in the Challenge.

However, that wouldn't wash because
JREF reveals previous 'dowsing' claimants
as legitimate applicants:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=85571
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=87076
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=112989
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=132844

http://forums.randi.org/forumdisplay.php?f=43

You seem like a serious poster. Multiple people here are insisting
that they have the skills required to scoop up an easy milllion. Yet
they keep barking instead of scooping. Are they already rich or what?

g I think what you've quoted there actually was from Winston -- I'm using
a new newsreader and I'm making a mess of quotes and attributions. Winston
definitely is a serious poster.

If you want my opinion, I don't know quite what to make of it. There tends
to be a thread of superstition and crazy ideas about physics running through
some of the posts on this NG, but this one takes the cake. I got right out
of it as soon as I heard otherwise intelligent people talking about magnetic
fields created by flowing water and telephone repairmen finding underground
cables by using two pieces of baling wire.

As for why they won't claim the million dollars, you'll have to ask them. It
defies logic, IMO.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message wrote:

Get off your ass and go outside
and try it, maybe
you'll be the winner? Or are there a million
people ahead of you?

Why are you suggesting that someone else collect
the million? Don't
you want it? Why are you here when you could be
proving something that
you say is easy? What are the chances that you
won't answer the
obvious questions?

Checked wiki for dowsing and found this :
"Many dowsers today use a pair of simple L-shaped
metal rods. One rod is held in each hand, with the
short arm of the L held upright, and the long arm
pointing forward. When something is found, the
rods cross over one another making an "X" over the
found object. If the object is long and straight,
such as a water pipe, the rods will point in
opposite directions, showing its orientation. The
rods are sometimes fashioned from wire coat
hangers, and glass or plastic rods have also been
accepted. Straight rods are also sometimes used
for the same purposes, and were not uncommon in
early 19th century New England.
In all cases, the device is in a state of unstable
equilibrium from which slight movements may be
amplified.[10] "