Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Dowsing

rangerssuck wrote:
On Nov 18, 2:32 pm, wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

'Haven't had a drink in 28 years and I miss it
less every day.

Ditto, 27-1/4 years here.

Good on ya!

--Winston

27 1/4 years without a cigarette. I still reach into my pocket looking
for them.

Those things killed my dad and SWMBOs mom.
You dodged a bullet.

So, what was it about 1983-1984 that made people give things
up?

It was difficult, because my boss and co-workers
made a point of going out for pizza and beer at
least once a week, sometimes twice.
I really liked those "lunches" but after months
of this I just felt awful, with bloat and stomach
problems.
My boss didn't understand why I started begging off
of "pizza lunches" and tried to convince me to join
them again. I didn't have the testicular mass to
tell him I thought the group was headed for
alcoholism.

I tried something different.
I joined the corporate gym and went on fast jogs
around the park behind the company. A shower and
a modest snack followed.
I started feeling much better and before long
I lost a *lot* of weight and my muscle tone and
endurance really improved. I noticed that I was
thinking more clearly too.

So I figured my conscious steered me in the right
direction.

--Winston