Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dowsing

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:21:37 -0800, Winston
wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:
On Nov 18, 2:32 pm, wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

'Haven't had a drink in 28 years and I miss it
less every day.

Ditto, 27-1/4 years here.

Good on ya!

--Winston

27 1/4 years without a cigarette. I still reach into my pocket looking
for them.

Those things killed my dad and SWMBOs mom.
You dodged a bullet.

So, what was it about 1983-1984 that made people give things
up?

'85 for me. Age of Enlightenment.

It was difficult, because my boss and co-workers
made a point of going out for pizza and beer at
least once a week, sometimes twice.
I really liked those "lunches" but after months
of this I just felt awful, with bloat and stomach
problems.

I got considerable gas from that diet, too. SBD, with everyone in the
office moving away from me and opening the door to the back. Talk
about embarassing.

My boss didn't understand why I started begging off
of "pizza lunches" and tried to convince me to join
them again. I didn't have the testicular mass to
tell him I thought the group was headed for
alcoholism.

It could have meant your job, and they wouldn't have listened anyway.

'Twas a smart move staying mum.

I tried something different.
I joined the corporate gym and went on fast jogs
around the park behind the company. A shower and
a modest snack followed.
I started feeling much better and before long
I lost a *lot* of weight and my muscle tone and
endurance really improved. I noticed that I was
thinking more clearly too.

Extremely good move, sir. Kudos.

So I figured my conscious steered me in the right
direction.

Your who? Yes, indeedy. Listen to that intuition. It's there for
a reason.

--
Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
-- Seneca