Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller[_3_] Doug Miller[_3_] is offline

Default Dowsing

On 11/17/2011 5:53 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message On 11/17/2011
1:51 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:

I have done this and it does work! Anyone can
do
this, there
is no magic involved. Dowsing for water is what
is
controversial.
Go try it yourself if you don't believe it.
What's
so hard about
that?

Garbage. It doesn't work at all. You think it
does? Go demonstrate it, and collect your
million bucks.

What's so hard about that?

What we are talking about is finding a buried pipe
or electrical cable.
Telephone repair men find buried lines by the
magnetic field of the line.
Power company guys do the same. Troops in a war
zone find IEDs
by the magnetic field. Hunters and hikers are
careful to watch for
abnormal deflections on their compasses. There is
nothing new
about this topic. Get off your ass and go outside
and try it, maybe
you'll be the winner? Or are there a million
people ahead of you?

What does any of that have to do with dowsing?