Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default chipmunks

The damned chipmunks. Yes, I know they are cute. Yes I know there's not
much meat on 'em. Yes, I know that if a cat catches one it will kill it
but not eat it. But.......I just got the car back from the garage--had
to have the air filter housing fixed--filled with seeds and shredded air
filter, went out to harvest beets and the 'munks got there first and ate
half of each one. If I'm going to go chipmunk hunting I'll be wanting to
honor the little *******s by preparing them in the best way possible and
serving them up to honored guests. I'm thinking of making a tiny
barbecue and roasting them on a tiny spit, have a fairy 'n elf party....
So, anyone got any good recipes?

Metal content: I'll make some tiny sterling silverware.
--
:3 )~
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Mouse" wrote in message
The damned chipmunks. Yes, I know they are cute. Yes I know there's not
much meat on 'em. Yes, I know that if a cat catches one it will kill it
but not eat it. But.......I just got the car back from the garage--had to
have the air filter housing fixed--filled with seeds and shredded air
filter, went out to harvest beets and the 'munks got there first and ate
half of each one. If I'm going to go chipmunk hunting I'll be wanting to
honor the little *******s by preparing them in the best way possible and
serving them up to honored guests. I'm thinking of making a tiny barbecue
and roasting them on a tiny spit, have a fairy 'n elf party.... So, anyone
got any good recipes?

Metal content: I'll make some tiny sterling silverware.
--
:3 )~

I have a lot of recipes for suburban wildlife, but I'm sorry to say that I
don't have any for chipmunks. However, you may want to consider tanning the
hides.

You can get a tanning kit from Cabela's for around $25. It's a very
satisfying hobby, and you'll get plenty of revenge. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Mouse" wrote in message
[...]

And the following year when he's strutting around the yard in his home
tanned chipmunk breech cloth he won't have a chipmunk problem anymore. The
little buggers will never be able to stop rolling on the ground laughing
long enough to eat.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Mouse" wrote in message
[...]

Hey, don't laugh. It could be a big fashion hit. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mouse wrote in :

The damned chipmunks. Yes, I know they are cute. Yes I know there's not
much meat on 'em. Yes, I know that if a cat catches one it will kill it
but not eat it. But.......I just got the car back from the garage--had
to have the air filter housing fixed--filled with seeds and shredded air
filter, went out to harvest beets and the 'munks got there first and ate
half of each one. If I'm going to go chipmunk hunting I'll be wanting to
honor the little *******s by preparing them in the best way possible and
serving them up to honored guests. I'm thinking of making a tiny
barbecue and roasting them on a tiny spit, have a fairy 'n elf party....
So, anyone got any good recipes?

Metal content: I'll make some tiny sterling silverware.

If you want the skins intact, I hear that a "Rat Zapper" works well. Dried
corn supposedly works well as bait.

Doug White

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 19:36:40 -0400, Mouse wrote:

The damned chipmunks. Yes, I know they are cute. Yes I know there's not
much meat on 'em. Yes, I know that if a cat catches one it will kill it
but not eat it. But.......I just got the car back from the garage--had

Milady is a PKT (Professional Kitten Tamer). She has noted that the
first serving of fresh meat to young kittens is nearly always fresh
chipmunk. Only after this do they get a stunned mouse to play with and
eat.

So,maybe you just need more cats. Right now she cares for eight adult
cats and thirteen kittens. Chipmunks are hard to find. I do know to
never make Julie choose between her cats and me. (I'd lose)

karl

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Mouse" wrote in message
The damned chipmunks. Yes, I know they are cute. Yes I know there's not
much meat on 'em. Yes, I know that if a cat catches one it will kill it
but not eat it. But.......I just got the car back from the garage--had to
have the air filter housing fixed--filled with seeds and shredded air
filter, went out to harvest beets and the 'munks got there first and ate
half of each one. If I'm going to go chipmunk hunting I'll be wanting to
honor the little *******s by preparing them in the best way possible and
serving them up to honored guests. I'm thinking of making a tiny barbecue
and roasting them on a tiny spit, have a fairy 'n elf party.... So, anyone
got any good recipes?

Metal content: I'll make some tiny sterling silverware.
--
:3 )~

If you want to make a good trap, take a 5 gallon bucket (chipmunks seem to
prefer the orange HD buckets) and string an aluminum can through a wire
stretched over the top. You have to drill holes in the center of the ends
of the can. Slather peanut butter on the can, and provide a handy ramp for
them to go up to the diving platform.

CAUTION - Check it every day. They ripen very quickly in room temperature
water.

Yer welcome.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Mouse" wrote in message
[...]

That may be considered a deadfall trap. Its been a long time since I
trapped semi-pro, but it seems my state had a physical volume limit on dead
fall traps in the regulations. I never used one so I didn't care. Anyway.
Check trapping regs. Also may or may need need a license or depredation
permit for them depending on the state.

P.S. That sounds like a perfect trap for the little buggers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/14/2011 7:36 PM, Mouse wrote:
The damned chipmunks. Yes, I know they are cute. Yes I know there's not
much meat on 'em. Yes, I know that if a cat catches one it will kill it
but not eat it. But.......I just got the car back from the garage--had
to have the air filter housing fixed--filled with seeds and shredded air
filter, went out to harvest beets and the 'munks got there first and ate
half of each one. If I'm going to go chipmunk hunting I'll be wanting to
honor the little *******s by preparing them in the best way possible and
serving them up to honored guests. I'm thinking of making a tiny
barbecue and roasting them on a tiny spit, have a fairy 'n elf party....
So, anyone got any good recipes?

Metal content: I'll make some tiny sterling silverware.

Ha! Those little *******s jacked up half of my corn seedlings today & I
*just* ordered a new scope for the pellet gun because I need more
magnification as I get older, to plink them from a distance & then came
here & read your post.

I am glad I an not the only one they annoy. The neighbors cat was
keeping the numbers down for years but died a couple of years ago & they
really multiplied recently.

MikeB
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Shoveling sand against the tide." They'll repopulate and/or migrate in
as fast as you can kill them. Cats are really the only effective
control. Preferably more than one cat per site.

I've got 'em & hate 'em too,
Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/14/2011 7:18 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

And the following year when he's strutting around the yard in his home
tanned chipmunk breech cloth he won't have a chipmunk problem anymore.
The little buggers will never be able to stop rolling on the ground
laughing long enough to eat.

Hey, don't laugh. It could be a big fashion hit. d8-)

I can see Lady GAGA now!

But she'd only need three chipmunk skins.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/14/2011 9:50 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
"Shoveling sand against the tide." They'll repopulate and/or migrate in
as fast as you can kill them. Cats are really the only effective
control. Preferably more than one cat per site.

I've got 'em & hate 'em too,
Bob

Yeah, I've noticed that with woodchucks, too. That's why I figured I'd
just eat them, lol, works on a yearly basis with the chucks, and
*they're organic*.

--
:3 )~
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R. Birch" wrote in message
On 6/14/2011 7:18 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

And the following year when he's strutting around the yard in his home
tanned chipmunk breech cloth he won't have a chipmunk problem anymore.
The little buggers will never be able to stop rolling on the ground
laughing long enough to eat.

Hey, don't laugh. It could be a big fashion hit. d8-)

I can see Lady GAGA now!

But she'd only need three chipmunk skins.

David

I like the idea of that...

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Mouse" wrote in message
On 6/14/2011 9:50 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
"Shoveling sand against the tide." They'll repopulate and/or migrate in
as fast as you can kill them. Cats are really the only effective
control. Preferably more than one cat per site.

I've got 'em & hate 'em too,
Bob

Yeah, I've noticed that with woodchucks, too. That's why I figured I'd
just eat them, lol, works on a yearly basis with the chucks, and *they're
organic*.

--
:3 )~

Four decades ago, when it was still publishing a lot of game recipes,
_Gourmet_ published a two-volume set that had a great recipe for woodchuck
in sour cream. I tried it once and it was great.

Which reminds me of the first time I had woodchuck, as a kid in PA, when my
buddy, who had shot it and cleaned it, didn't know not to break the musk
glands. He brought it on a camping trip to cook on a spit. Gawwwd, downwind
it was bad....

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:19:01 -0400, BQ340 wrote:

[...]

Might I suggest getting more cats?

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Chipmunk renderings make an excellent tapping fluid
and way lubricant.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"David R. Birch" wrote in message
On 6/14/2011 7:18 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

And the following year when he's strutting around the yard in his home
tanned chipmunk breech cloth he won't have a chipmunk problem anymore.
The little buggers will never be able to stop rolling on the ground
laughing long enough to eat.

Hey, don't laugh. It could be a big fashion hit. d8-)

I can see Lady GAGA now!

But she'd only need three chipmunk skins.

David

I like the idea of that...

Here is a scary thought. My wife is convinced Lady Ga Ga is a cross
dresser.

LOL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 23:25:51 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"David R. Birch" wrote in message
On 6/14/2011 7:18 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

And the following year when he's strutting around the yard in his home
tanned chipmunk breech cloth he won't have a chipmunk problem anymore.
The little buggers will never be able to stop rolling on the ground
laughing long enough to eat.

Hey, don't laugh. It could be a big fashion hit. d8-)

I can see Lady GAGA now!

But she'd only need three chipmunk skins.

David

I like the idea of that...

Here is a scary thought. My wife is convinced Lady Ga Ga is a cross
dresser.

LOL

Welll...its possible...unlikely as hell..given the amount of skin she
has exposed......

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/14/2011 11:45 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:19:01 -0400, wrote:

[...]

I would, but they don't last very long. The Coyote population also has
gone up rapidly in the last few years. They only last 2-4 months on
average then don't come home anymore...

MikeB
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Mouse" wrote in message
[...]

Rules around here on my property is that if you come on the back porch and
spill seed all over and crap on the patio, you get what you get. We also
live in an agricultural zoned property, so we can do most anything in the
way of depredation control.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
"Shoveling sand against the tide." They'll repopulate and/or migrate in
as fast as you can kill them. Cats are really the only effective control.
Preferably more than one cat per site.

I've got 'em & hate 'em too,
Bob

My cat wouldn't get her toenails dirty messing with a chipmunk. The dogs
are another thing. I think it's the terrier in them. They go ballistic
when they get hold of a mouse of chipmunk, and tear it to shreds.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"David R. Birch" wrote in message
On 6/14/2011 7:18 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

And the following year when he's strutting around the yard in his home
tanned chipmunk breech cloth he won't have a chipmunk problem anymore.
The little buggers will never be able to stop rolling on the ground
laughing long enough to eat.

Hey, don't laugh. It could be a big fashion hit. d8-)

I can see Lady GAGA now!

But she'd only need three chipmunk skins.

David

I like the idea of that...

Here is a scary thought. My wife is convinced Lady Ga Ga is a cross
dresser.

LOL

born Female.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_gaga

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"David R. Birch" wrote in message
On 6/14/2011 7:18 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

And the following year when he's strutting around the yard in his home
tanned chipmunk breech cloth he won't have a chipmunk problem anymore.
The little buggers will never be able to stop rolling on the ground
laughing long enough to eat.

Hey, don't laugh. It could be a big fashion hit. d8-)

I can see Lady GAGA now!

But she'd only need three chipmunk skins.

David

I like the idea of that...

Here is a scary thought. My wife is convinced Lady Ga Ga is a cross
dresser.

LOL

Then your wife probably didn't see the full, unedited version of the video
"Telephone." She lets most of it hang out.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 07:43:51 -0400, BQ340 wrote:

[...]

Get coyote call, employ. Repeat as necesary. Then get cats

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"BQ340" wrote in message
.com...
[...]

Then what you need are fewer cats.

The coyotes will have no problem scarfing down free range chipmunks.
But why would they, when there are plenty of fat, corn-fed felines to dine
on.

Paul K. Dickman

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 19:36:40 -0400, Mouse wrote:

The damned chipmunks. Yes, I know they are cute. Yes I know there's not
much meat on 'em. Yes, I know that if a cat catches one it will kill it
but not eat it. But.......I just got the car back from the garage--had
to have the air filter housing fixed--filled with seeds and shredded air
filter, went out to harvest beets and the 'munks got there first and ate
half of each one. If I'm going to go chipmunk hunting I'll be wanting to
honor the little *******s by preparing them in the best way possible and
serving them up to honored guests. I'm thinking of making a tiny
barbecue and roasting them on a tiny spit, have a fairy 'n elf party....
So, anyone got any good recipes?

Metal content: I'll make some tiny sterling silverware.

Yes, down with the little *******s.

Yesterday I opened the bay to the shop and noticed a black spot from
used oil leaking out of the oil line to the foundry. I've been trying
to be very careful not to make a mess with this stuff and now this. I
started investigating why, little sharp rasp gouges all over the line
from them! Had to drive to the hardware store for more at $4 gas
prices.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I got a no heat call, years ago. A chipmunk had crawled in
the exhaust tube of a 90 percenter gas furnace. Not
satisfied to die, he had to chew wires, too.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Chipmunks vs.new tree pj Home Repair 8 November 14th 06 02:49 AM
Chipmunks vs.new tree pj Home Ownership 8 November 14th 06 02:49 AM
Chipmunks in gararge?? JJ Home Repair 16 June 2nd 06 04:15 AM
Trapping chipmunks JB Home Repair 12 September 21st 04 04:34 AM
Killing or Re-locating Chipmunks - HELP Howard Epstein Home Repair 16 October 27th 03 03:18 AM