Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default chipmunks

"Mouse" wrote in message
The damned chipmunks. Yes, I know they are cute. Yes I know there's not
much meat on 'em. Yes, I know that if a cat catches one it will kill it
but not eat it. But.......I just got the car back from the garage--had to
have the air filter housing fixed--filled with seeds and shredded air
filter, went out to harvest beets and the 'munks got there first and ate
half of each one. If I'm going to go chipmunk hunting I'll be wanting to
honor the little *******s by preparing them in the best way possible and
serving them up to honored guests. I'm thinking of making a tiny barbecue
and roasting them on a tiny spit, have a fairy 'n elf party.... So, anyone
got any good recipes?

Metal content: I'll make some tiny sterling silverware.
--
:3 )~

If you want to make a good trap, take a 5 gallon bucket (chipmunks seem to
prefer the orange HD buckets) and string an aluminum can through a wire
stretched over the top. You have to drill holes in the center of the ends
of the can. Slather peanut butter on the can, and provide a handy ramp for
them to go up to the diving platform.

CAUTION - Check it every day. They ripen very quickly in room temperature
water.

Yer welcome.

Steve