Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default chipmunks

"BQ340" wrote in message
.com...
On 6/14/2011 11:45 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:19:01 -0400, wrote:

On 6/14/2011 7:36 PM, Mouse wrote:
The damned chipmunks. Yes, I know they are cute. Yes I know there's not
much meat on 'em. Yes, I know that if a cat catches one it will kill it
but not eat it. But.......I just got the car back from the garage--had
to have the air filter housing fixed--filled with seeds and shredded
air
filter, went out to harvest beets and the 'munks got there first and
ate
half of each one. If I'm going to go chipmunk hunting I'll be wanting
honor the little *******s by preparing them in the best way possible
and
serving them up to honored guests. I'm thinking of making a tiny
barbecue and roasting them on a tiny spit, have a fairy 'n elf
party....
So, anyone got any good recipes?

Metal content: I'll make some tiny sterling silverware.

Ha! Those little *******s jacked up half of my corn seedlings today& I
*just* ordered a new scope for the pellet gun because I need more
magnification as I get older, to plink them from a distance& then came
here& read your post.

I am glad I an not the only one they annoy. The neighbors cat was
keeping the numbers down for years but died a couple of years ago& they
really multiplied recently.

MikeB

Might I suggest getting more cats?

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

I would, but they don't last very long. The Coyote population also has
gone up rapidly in the last few years. They only last 2-4 months on
average then don't come home anymore...

MikeB

Then what you need are fewer cats.

The coyotes will have no problem scarfing down free range chipmunks.
But why would they, when there are plenty of fat, corn-fed felines to dine
on.

Paul K. Dickman