Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default chipmunks

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message

"Mouse" wrote in message
The damned chipmunks. Yes, I know they are cute. Yes I know there's not
much meat on 'em. Yes, I know that if a cat catches one it will kill it
but not eat it. But.......I just got the car back from the garage--had
to have the air filter housing fixed--filled with seeds and shredded air
filter, went out to harvest beets and the 'munks got there first and ate
half of each one. If I'm going to go chipmunk hunting I'll be wanting to
honor the little *******s by preparing them in the best way possible and
serving them up to honored guests. I'm thinking of making a tiny
barbecue and roasting them on a tiny spit, have a fairy 'n elf party....
So, anyone got any good recipes?

Metal content: I'll make some tiny sterling silverware.
--
:3 )~

If you want to make a good trap, take a 5 gallon bucket (chipmunks seem
to prefer the orange HD buckets) and string an aluminum can through a
wire stretched over the top. You have to drill holes in the center of
the ends of the can. Slather peanut butter on the can, and provide a
handy ramp for them to go up to the diving platform.

CAUTION - Check it every day. They ripen very quickly in room
temperature water.

Yer welcome.

Steve

That may be considered a deadfall trap. Its been a long time since I
trapped semi-pro, but it seems my state had a physical volume limit on
dead fall traps in the regulations. I never used one so I didn't care.
Anyway. Check trapping regs. Also may or may need need a license or
depredation permit for them depending on the state.

P.S. That sounds like a perfect trap for the little buggers.

Rules around here on my property is that if you come on the back porch and
spill seed all over and crap on the patio, you get what you get. We also
live in an agricultural zoned property, so we can do most anything in the
way of depredation control.

Steve