Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cushy plier handles

My 'Mr. Coffee' finally konked out for the
last time. (Repair parts weren't in my stockpile
and would cost a significant fraction of a new
coffee maker, considering shipping and taxes.)

On disassembly, I discovered two brown silicone
tubes that pipe the water to and from the
heating element. I removed the checkvalve
from one and slid them both over the handles
of my electronics needlenose pliers, using
alcohol as a lubricant.

Trimmed to size, they give me a very comfortable
grip, just like the expensive quality pliers.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:
My 'Mr. Coffee' finally konked out for the
last time. (Repair parts weren't in my stockpile
and would cost a significant fraction of a new
coffee maker, considering shipping and taxes.)

Winston,

Now that you have seen the inside of a Mr. Coffee, might I suggest
that you get yourself a Bunn coffee maker. When you take one of those
apart, you find a stainless steel tank and industrial quality
components.

The machine is built to last however so the only time you take it
apart is for a very deep cleaning, and while you probably will never
need them, parts are available.

Also you get a full pot of coffee in three minutes.

Roger Shoaf
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 07:36:39 -0800 (PST), RS at work
wrote:

Winston wrote:
My 'Mr. Coffee' finally konked out for the
last time. (Repair parts weren't in my stockpile
and would cost a significant fraction of a new
coffee maker, considering shipping and taxes.)

Winston,

Now that you have seen the inside of a Mr. Coffee, might I suggest
that you get yourself a Bunn coffee maker. When you take one of those
apart, you find a stainless steel tank and industrial quality
components.

The machine is built to last however so the only time you take it
apart is for a very deep cleaning, and while you probably will never
need them, parts are available.

They're probably very nice machines, but...

Also you get a full pot of coffee in three minutes.

Patience is a virtue. 8-9 minutes isn't a bad wait.

Yabbut, can you buy a new one for $8 every 5 years, when it gets too
dirty to clean up nicely, or you break the carafe? (Entire Proctor
Silex unit $8 at BigLots, carafes for them are $16.)

LJ--who had to give up coffee 4 months ago due to allergic reactions
to it, damnit.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RS at work wrote:

Winston wrote:
My 'Mr. Coffee' finally konked out for the
last time. (Repair parts weren't in my stockpile
and would cost a significant fraction of a new
coffee maker, considering shipping and taxes.)

Winston,

Now that you have seen the inside of a Mr. Coffee, might I suggest
that you get yourself a Bunn coffee maker. When you take one of those
apart, you find a stainless steel tank and industrial quality
components.

Except for their timer board. I knew a company who got most of their
business replacing timers in them, in restaurants.

The machine is built to last however so the only time you take it
apart is for a very deep cleaning, and while you probably will never
need them, parts are available.

Also you get a full pot of coffee in three minutes.

Roger Shoaf

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RS at work wrote:

Winston wrote:

My 'Mr. Coffee' finally konked out for the
last time. (Repair parts weren't in my stockpile
and would cost a significant fraction of a new
coffee maker, considering shipping and taxes.)

Winston,

Now that you have seen the inside of a Mr. Coffee, might I suggest
that you get yourself a Bunn coffee maker. When you take one of those
apart, you find a stainless steel tank and industrial quality
components.

The machine is built to last however so the only time you take it
apart is for a very deep cleaning, and while you probably will never
need them, parts are available.

Also you get a full pot of coffee in three minutes.

Roger Shoaf

We've been using the household type Bunn cofeemakers at home and at our
small office for over 15 years and I do appreciate being able to make a
full pot of coffee in 3 minutes.

One thing though, I try and not think too often about how many KWH per
year I'm wasting by their keeping the water at brewing temperature all
day and night. I did try using little "plug in" timers to turn them off
overnight but those damn timers only lasted a few months before they
either konked out or started making annoying whirring noises.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RS at work wrote:

Winston wrote:
My 'Mr. Coffee' finally konked out for the
last time. (Repair parts weren't in my stockpile
and would cost a significant fraction of a new
coffee maker, considering shipping and taxes.)

Winston,

Now that you have seen the inside of a Mr. Coffee, might I suggest
that you get yourself a Bunn coffee maker.

You are absolutely right, Roger.

There used to be a commercial brewer distributor
downtown that sold used Bunn-o-matics for very
reasonable money. I shall have to investigate
that. Thanks!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

LJ--who had to give up coffee 4 months ago due to allergic reactions
to it, damnit.

Jeeze Larry! That is AWFUL! Seriously.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 14:31:14 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

LJ--who had to give up coffee 4 months ago due to allergic reactions
to it, damnit.

Jeeze Larry! That is AWFUL! Seriously.

TELL me about it. I finally figured it out. Every time I had a cup, a
few minutes later, one or more of my muscles got spasms, like someone
was sticking me with a hat pin. Shoulder, thigh, quad, random muscle
aches, plus every-muscle-aches in the morning.

My only sin now is cussing, and I'll be damned if I'll give it up!
Gave up drinkin', druggin', smokin', womanizing, sugar (most days) and
you folks wonder why I'm a curmudgeon? /snivel

If anything, coffee is the thing I miss the most.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:35:18 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 14:31:14 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

LJ--who had to give up coffee 4 months ago due to allergic reactions
to it, damnit.

Jeeze Larry! That is AWFUL! Seriously.

TELL me about it. I finally figured it out. Every time I had a cup, a
few minutes later, one or more of my muscles got spasms, like someone
was sticking me with a hat pin. Shoulder, thigh, quad, random muscle
aches, plus every-muscle-aches in the morning.

My only sin now is cussing, and I'll be damned if I'll give it up!
Gave up drinkin', druggin', smokin', womanizing, sugar (most days) and
you folks wonder why I'm a curmudgeon? /snivel

If anything, coffee is the thing I miss the most.

Have you tried....Monsters?

Taste good...triple the Caffiene....muahahahaha!

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
If anything, coffee is the thing I miss the most.

Dayum. That is no fun at all.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
If anything, coffee is the thing I miss the most.

Dayum. That is no fun at all.

--Winston

Really . Don't know if I could handle not having my morning coffee . And my
midmorning coffee , and my lunchtime coffee ...

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Snag wrote:
Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
If anything, coffee is the thing I miss the most.

Dayum. That is no fun at all.

--Winston

Really . Don't know if I could handle not having my morning coffee . And my
midmorning coffee , and my lunchtime coffee ...

I'm so acclimated that I have a pre-nap coffee.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 14:31:14 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

LJ--who had to give up coffee 4 months ago due to allergic reactions
to it, damnit.

Jeeze Larry! That is AWFUL! Seriously.

TELL me about it. I finally figured it out. Every time I had a cup, a
few minutes later, one or more of my muscles got spasms, like someone
was sticking me with a hat pin. Shoulder, thigh, quad, random muscle
aches, plus every-muscle-aches in the morning.

My only sin now is cussing, and I'll be damned if I'll give it up!
Gave up drinkin', druggin', smokin', womanizing, sugar (most days) and
you folks wonder why I'm a curmudgeon? /snivel

If anything, coffee is the thing I miss the most.

Have you tried....Monsters?

Nope, and I won't. I dislike caffeine and sugar. (But I love
sugar-free sweets.) I make smoothies with frozen peaches, a few drops
of vanilla extract, a packet of saccharine, some coconut milk, some
other fruit, and some milk. Sugar free but sweet and tasty, not to
mention nutricious. I add dolomite powder for calcium and gritty
texture (ick, but nutricious.)

Taste good...triple the Caffiene....muahahahaha!

I used to drink half-caf. I was hapy with decaf first thing in the
morning, too. I didn't need caf to wake up at 90% and be 100% awake
after the first sip of water, either.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 16:20:36 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
If anything, coffee is the thing I miss the most.

Dayum. That is no fun at all.

Agreed. whimper

I'm compensating by stopping by the Thai food restaurant every couple
weeks and getting chicken green curry. If I eat it at noon, I don't
ache in the morning. I make them leave out the bell peppers and any
sugar. YUM!

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 19:21:40 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Snag wrote:
Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
If anything, coffee is the thing I miss the most.

Dayum. That is no fun at all.

--Winston

Really . Don't know if I could handle not having my morning coffee . And my
midmorning coffee , and my lunchtime coffee ...

I'm so acclimated that I have a pre-nap coffee.

Yeah, I used to drink a pot a day, and right up until bedtime.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 19:43:58 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

If anything, coffee is the thing I miss the most.

Have you tried....Monsters?

Nope, and I won't. I dislike caffeine and sugar. (But I love
sugar-free sweets.) I make smoothies with frozen peaches, a few drops
of vanilla extract, a packet of saccharine, some coconut milk, some
other fruit, and some milk. Sugar free but sweet and tasty, not to
mention nutricious. I add dolomite powder for calcium and gritty
texture (ick, but nutricious.)

Taste good...triple the Caffiene....muahahahaha!

I used to drink half-caf. I was hapy with decaf first thing in the
morning, too. I didn't need caf to wake up at 90% and be 100% awake
after the first sip of water, either.

There are a number of absolutely sugar free Monsters. Look for the blue
"M" on the can. Thats the one the ex drinks..and Ive been trying to
wean myself over to it as well.

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

If anything, coffee is the thing I miss the most.

Have you tried....Monsters?

Nope, and I won't. I dislike caffeine and sugar. (But I love
sugar-free sweets.) I make smoothies with frozen peaches, a few drops
of vanilla extract, a packet of saccharine, some coconut milk, some
other fruit, and some milk. Sugar free but sweet and tasty, not to
mention nutricious. I add dolomite powder for calcium and gritty
texture (ick, but nutricious.)

Taste good...triple the Caffiene....muahahahaha!

I used to drink half-caf. I was hapy with decaf first thing in the
morning, too. I didn't need caf to wake up at 90% and be 100% awake
after the first sip of water, either.

There are a number of absolutely sugar free Monsters. Look for the blue
"M" on the can. Thats the one the ex drinks..and Ive been trying to
wean myself over to it as well.

Hey, I have room temp clean, clear wellwater (my mainstay), tea, and
herbal teas. Why buy some chemical crap for ghastly prices?

Thanks, but no thanks.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Tea and herbal teas are chemical crap as well. Though they are cheap.

Ever read a chemical comp on a glass of tea?

Chuckle

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:
Snag wrote:
Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
If anything, coffee is the thing I miss the most.

Dayum. That is no fun at all.

--Winston

Really . Don't know if I could handle not having my morning coffee .
And my midmorning coffee , and my lunchtime coffee ...

I'm so acclimated that I have a pre-nap coffee.

--Winston

I have to stop by around 4 PM or I stay up too late .

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Snag wrote:
Winston wrote:
Snag wrote:
Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
If anything, coffee is the thing I miss the most.

Dayum. That is no fun at all.

--Winston

Really . Don't know if I could handle not having my morning coffee .
And my midmorning coffee , and my lunchtime coffee ...

I'm so acclimated that I have a pre-nap coffee.

--Winston

I have to stop by around 4 PM or I stay up too late .

A few years ago, I avoided coffee much beyond
noon; otherwise I'd be wide awake till ~2:00 AM or so.

Not any more.

SWMBO loves coffee as well but she still needs
to avoid it in the afternoon. AMHIKT

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:
Snag wrote:
Winston wrote:
Snag wrote:
Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
If anything, coffee is the thing I miss the most.

Dayum. That is no fun at all.

--Winston

Really . Don't know if I could handle not having my morning coffee
. And my midmorning coffee , and my lunchtime coffee ...

I'm so acclimated that I have a pre-nap coffee.

--Winston

I have to stop by around 4 PM or I stay up too late .

A few years ago, I avoided coffee much beyond
noon; otherwise I'd be wide awake till ~2:00 AM or so.

Not any more.

SWMBO loves coffee as well but she still needs

to avoid it in the afternoon. AMHIKT
^^^^^^^^^^^

--Winston

I'm not sure I want to know ...
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Snag wrote:

(...)

SWMBO loves coffee as well but she still needs

to avoid it in the afternoon. AMHIKT
^^^^^^^^^^^

--Winston

I'm not sure I want to know ...

0130: "Sweetie! I thought about a neat idea for the patio."
ME: "Mmff. Huh?"

0145: "So, are you awake?"
ME: "...What? Kinda."

0200: "I really can't have any coffee in the afternoon."
ME: "I'm hip."

0245: "My car needs an oil change. Maybe this weekend?"
ME: "SNORT Huh? Oh. Yeah. Sure....."

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I'd love to see the cites on that one.

Ever read a chemical comp on a glass of tea?

What, the chemically treated things they call tea in cans? No, I
don't believe I have. But the crap they put in cans far outweighs
those they put in standard teabags, especially the organic herbals.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:
Snag wrote:

(...)

SWMBO loves coffee as well but she still needs

to avoid it in the afternoon. AMHIKT
^^^^^^^^^^^

--Winston

I'm not sure I want to know ...

0130: "Sweetie! I thought about a neat idea for the patio."
ME: "Mmff. Huh?"

0145: "So, are you awake?"
ME: "...What? Kinda."

0200: "I really can't have any coffee in the afternoon."
ME: "I'm hip."

0245: "My car needs an oil change. Maybe this weekend?"
ME: "SNORT Huh? Oh. Yeah. Sure....."

--Winston

Now I don't care who ya are , that's funny !! I'm blessed with a wife that
needs more sleep than I do , she's usually out by 8:30 , I'm usually up til
10:30 or so . 5:30 AM comes at the same time for both of us though ...

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In , on
wrote:

Winston wrote:
My 'Mr. Coffee' finally konked out for the
last time. (Repair parts weren't in my stockpile
and would cost a significant fraction of a new
coffee maker, considering shipping and taxes.)

Winston,

Now that you have seen the inside of a Mr. Coffee, might I suggest
that you get yourself a Bunn coffee maker.

Perfect suggestion.

When you take one of those
apart, you find a stainless steel tank and industrial quality
components.

The machine is built to last however

.... if it jumps out of the sink in your travel
trailer, landing on the floor, "last" is not all that
long.

so the only time you take it
apart is for a very deep cleaning, and while you probably will never
need them, parts are available.

I bought a refurb'ed Bunn A10-series in 2002. I've
replaced both thermal fuses. One at about year 4 and
the other around year 6. Radio Shack online. They
were... I don't know... a buck a piece?

The A10 has an (internally) adjustable thermostat.
Going from 500' elevation to 5500' means a drastic
reduction in boiling point. At low elevation my
preference is to set it to 205F... which is completely
impossible at 5500'. I have it set to 197F here.
The B series (what you see in big box stores) has
a fixed thermostat.

Also you get a full pot of coffee in three minutes.

Three minute coffee as a convenience is the least
of the advantage. The quality of the coffee is much
improved over a Mr. Coffee. That's true of any method
using the "optimal" parameters for coffee brewing.

The temperature should be in the 195-205F. range.
Hotter extracts more bitters (caffeine being one of
those). Cooler fails to extract many of the body
components.
Optimal brew time is 3 to 5 minutes. Longer
extracts more of the bitters. Shorter... well, just
plain isn't enough time to extract much of anything.

Coarse grind / light roast can somewhat make up for
too hot or too long brew times.
Fine grind / dark roasts can better withstand too cool
or too short brew times.

It's all about getting a nice balance between the
sugars, acids and bitters. Many people think of a
bitter cup as "strong" so reduce the amount of
grinds they use. This is exactly the wrong direction
to go. The beginning of the brew process gets the
very soluble compounds; mainly the sugars. Only after
the bulk of easily dissolved compounds are extracted
do the less soluble compounds start to extract.
The more grounds you start with, the more time
it takes for the extraction of bitters to start.

So, if your coffee is "strong" aka, bitter, use
the correct amount of grinds, 17:1 water to grinds by
weight(*), cooler brew temperature, shorter brew time,
coarser grind, lighter roast... in whatever combination
floats your boat.

(*) For a typical 50 oz. coffee pot, that amounts to
2.9 oz. of grinds. With our 48 oz. pot, I generally
go with 76-79 grams.

For less caffeine, use 100% arabica. For even less
caffeine, try Monsooned Malabar specifically.
If you don't care about flavor, and just want the
caffiene jolt, go for blends high in robusta.

The key to "great" coffee is all the above, using
coffee roasted no more than two weeks prior and
ground no more than hours prior. Grinding creates
orders of magnitude more surface area, and oxidation
begins immediately.

Bunn takes care of time and temperature, but the
rest of the quality cup is still in your hands.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In , on Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:22:29
-0700, I wrote:

I bought a refurb'ed Bunn A10-series in 2002. I've
replaced both thermal fuses. One at about year 4 and
the other around year 6. Radio Shack online. They
were... I don't know... a buck a piece?

Oops. Looking back at an old post on alt.coffee,
I find,

I don't recall now what the OEM spec was on the thermal
fuses, and I can't find it in the online manuals, but at
the time I replaced them, 141°C. was the closest Radio
Shack had. This machine never blew a thermal fuse for
the first three years we had it, and then three fuses the
following three years.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Tue, 07 Dec 2010 00:26:09 -0800

wrote:

[...]

Ah, but that's all "organic" and "natural", donchaknow?

It is why I buy my soda pop in Canada - up north it is made with
Real Sugar, which is natural and organic, not like that "high fructose
corn syrup" stuff they get from a refinery.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Snag wrote:

(...)

Now I don't care who ya are , that's funny !! I'm blessed with a wife that
needs more sleep than I do , she's usually out by 8:30 , I'm usually up til
10:30 or so . 5:30 AM comes at the same time for both of us though ...

Yup! Just about the same here.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Belladonna is organic and natural too.

It is why I buy my soda pop in Canada - up north it is made with
Real Sugar, which is natural and organic, not like that "high fructose
corn syrup" stuff they get from a refinery.

tschus
pyotr

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Tue, 07 Dec 2010 13:06:32 -0800

There are a number of absolutely sugar free Monsters. Look for the blue
"M" on the can. Thats the one the ex drinks..and Ive been trying to
wean myself over to it as well.

Hey, I have room temp clean, clear wellwater (my mainstay), tea, and
herbal teas. Why buy some chemical crap for ghastly prices?

Thanks, but no thanks.

Tea and herbal teas are chemical crap as well. Though they are cheap.

Ever read a chemical comp on a glass of tea?

Ah, but that's all "organic" and "natural", donchaknow?

Belladonna is organic and natural too.

Oh yes, that too. And I've seen it growing in urban areas. I'm
told it got the name Belladonna" because the "Good Ladies" would use
it to dilate their eyes, thus making them "beautiful." OF course now
they can do that with Contacts ...

What really concerns me, are all the "health foodists" who are
going to find themselves at the end of a life eating naturally, in
the hospice, dieing of natural causes.

It is why I buy my soda pop in Canada - up north it is made with
Real Sugar, which is natural and organic, not like that "high fructose
corn syrup" stuff they get from a refinery.

tschus
pyotr

Gunner

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

Damn, life is sure unfair lately.

I get (and give) lots of neat stuff via my local
Freecycles. http://www.freecycle.org

Prolly lots of electric kettles available free
for pickup if you ask nicely.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 21:18:52 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

Damn, life is sure unfair lately.

I get (and give) lots of neat stuff via my local
Freecycles. http://www.freecycle.org

Prolly lots of electric kettles available free
for pickup if you ask nicely.

I recently dropped out of the Rogue Valley Recyclers (a branch off
FreeCycle when they got intrusive and started selling our email
addresses.) due to moderator malfunction (took weeks to post a simple
message) and lacka booty (25:1 wants vs haves) I did well and found
an outlet for lots of things I didn't want to just throw away. I got
one person on a bicycle who was walking 4 miles a day to work, etc.

Yeah, FreeCycle/Recyclers is an excellent idea.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Freecycle. Was Cushy plier handles

On Dec 8, 7:07*pm, Ignoramus13521

They were selling our email addresses.

Wow. To whom, I wonder?

How does Larry know who sold his email address, that is what I wonder.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Except for their timer board. I knew a company who got most of their
business replacing timers in them, in restaurants.

The pour over models do not have a timer board. The water you pour in
the top displaces the already hot water in the tank. The only control
os a couple of thermostats and a couple of switches, and the
commercial model also has a temp adjustment pot.

Roger Shoaf
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jeff_wisnia wrote:

One thing though, I try and not think too often about how many KWH per
year I'm wasting by their keeping the water at brewing temperature all
day and night. I did try using little "plug in" timers to turn them off
overnight but those damn timers only lasted a few months before they
either konked out or started making annoying whirring noises.

They have a combination insulation/heating blanket for the keep warm
to make up for the static heat loss, so I doubt it is drawing very
many watts during stand by time.

Roger Shoaf
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

You are absolutely right, Roger.

There used to be a commercial brewer distributor
downtown that sold used Bunn-o-matics for very
reasonable money. I shall have to investigate
that. Thanks!

I doubt you need a commercial model. The home model just has a
smaller tank and plastic exterior but the guts are industrial
quality. You can't make sucessive pots as fast with the home unit,
but that is usually not an issue for home or office use.

Roger Shoaf

Rusty plier Jim Elbrecht Home Repair 1 April 21st 08 04:07 AM
Rusty plier willshak Home Repair 0 April 20th 08 01:40 PM
Rusty plier S. Barker Home Repair 0 April 20th 08 07:45 AM
Rusty plier Rudy Home Repair 1 April 20th 08 07:41 AM
Does This Plier Exist? Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 14 October 12th 07 06:09 AM