Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cushy plier handles

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 07:36:39 -0800 (PST), RS at work
wrote:

Winston wrote:
My 'Mr. Coffee' finally konked out for the
last time. (Repair parts weren't in my stockpile
and would cost a significant fraction of a new
coffee maker, considering shipping and taxes.)

Winston,

Now that you have seen the inside of a Mr. Coffee, might I suggest
that you get yourself a Bunn coffee maker. When you take one of those
apart, you find a stainless steel tank and industrial quality
components.

The machine is built to last however so the only time you take it
apart is for a very deep cleaning, and while you probably will never
need them, parts are available.

They're probably very nice machines, but...

Also you get a full pot of coffee in three minutes.

Patience is a virtue. 8-9 minutes isn't a bad wait.

Yabbut, can you buy a new one for $8 every 5 years, when it gets too
dirty to clean up nicely, or you break the carafe? (Entire Proctor
Silex unit $8 at BigLots, carafes for them are $16.)

LJ--who had to give up coffee 4 months ago due to allergic reactions
to it, damnit.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London