Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT can an adult learn skateboarding

I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus4078" wrote in message
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Got superior health insurance?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-30, Buerste wrote:

"Ignoramus4078" wrote in message
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Got superior health insurance?

It is relatively decent, yes.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus4078" wrote in message
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

I tried my son's, around 12 years ago (I was 50). I had been a tolerable
surfer in my youth, and I think I could still do it -- but the skateboard
would have killed me if I didn't give up after about an hour of trying.

It's harder than it looks. So is the pavement. g Talk to the oldest guy in
a skateboard shop and see what kind of armor he recommends.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Ignoramus4078" wrote in message
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

I tried my son's, around 12 years ago (I was 50). I had been a tolerable
surfer in my youth, and I think I could still do it -- but the skateboard
would have killed me if I didn't give up after about an hour of trying.

It's harder than it looks. So is the pavement. g Talk to the oldest guy
in a skateboard shop and see what kind of armor he recommends.

--
Ed Huntress

I don't think it's a good idea to play around with pavement in your 50's and
beyond. Snow is plenty hard enough for me at high speed on a board, and
sometimes water is a little too hard if I hit it the wrong way. WRT what
skateboard would be good, I can't ride a skateboard but learned the street
surfer camber wheel type and can go down the street at least on a long
board, which are much easier to cruise on.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus4078" wrote in message
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Sure you can do it. It'll probably take you much longer to learn than the kid.
And your bones break much easier than his and will take a lot longer to heal.
Art

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:49:48 -0500, Ignoramus4078
wrote:

I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

I'm sure one can. I use to ride skateboards and unicycles, even ones
with chains. I'm just under 50 and would ride the unicycle, but not
get on another skateboard. They are tricky, one slip of the mind and
you are on the ground. Last time that I rode one back in the 80's
something happened and I landed on my ass with a pair of channel locks
in my back pocket. I could hardly move and then almost go run over by
a car in the parking lot, people just don't seem to watch down low. On
a side note, this has always seemed strange to me cause when I drive I
watch the other vehicles tires cause it shows the most about other
drivers. Anyhow, after that event I have never touched another
skateboard.

I strongly recommend that you just watch and try try to instill in
your kid to never do the crazy stuff these other completely insane
yuts do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZDwMkRimc

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-30, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ignoramus4078" wrote in message
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

I tried my son's, around 12 years ago (I was 50). I had been a tolerable
surfer in my youth, and I think I could still do it -- but the skateboard
would have killed me if I didn't give up after about an hour of trying.

It's harder than it looks. So is the pavement. g Talk to the oldest guy in
a skateboard shop and see what kind of armor he recommends.

Blanket and pillows?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-30, Artemus wrote:

"Ignoramus4078" wrote in message
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Sure you can do it. It'll probably take you much longer to learn than the kid.
And your bones break much easier than his and will take a lot longer to heal.

Well, I am 39, hopefully not yet in the brittle bone age.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus4078 wrote:
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Possibly, but I guarantee you can learn the art of bone fracture! You
are younger than
me, but your bones will definitely break more easily than someone half
your age.
Take the protective gear seriously. A fractured wrist is supposed to be
a REALLY
common injury for the older crowd, ie. those over 20, and you can only
imagine how
much that would cramp your programming or machining style.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Yes you can learn. And its fairly easy if you have good reactions and a
well tuned sense of balance. Move easy..not quickly until you get the
hang of it. If yo are naturally agile..you will catch on quickly. If you
arent..it will take a day or two.

I STRONGLY recommend a helmet, gloves, knee and elbow pads. Rollerblade
gear.

You are not 15 anymore and smashing your elbow/knee/skull on the asphalt
will crack, chip or break something that takes a while to heal.
Protective padding worn properly will only allow you to hurt your ego,
not your bones.

Gunner, 56, who can still boogie on a board, or rollerblade around town

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I actually still heal very quickly.

But thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-30, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus4078 wrote:
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Possibly, but I guarantee you can learn the art of bone fracture!
You are younger than me, but your bones will definitely break more
easily than someone half your age. Take the protective gear
seriously. A fractured wrist is supposed to be a REALLY common
injury for the older crowd, ie. those over 20, and you can only
imagine how much that would cramp your programming or machining
style.

I will try to take it easy, no point in setting records, as there is
no one to impress.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

I'd think rollerblade wrist protectors too.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus4078 wrote:

Yes you can learn. And its fairly easy if you have good reactions and a
well tuned sense of balance. Move easy..not quickly until you get the
hang of it. If yo are naturally agile..you will catch on quickly. If you
arent..it will take a day or two.

I STRONGLY recommend a helmet, gloves, knee and elbow pads. Rollerblade
gear.

You are not 15 anymore and smashing your elbow/knee/skull on the asphalt
will crack, chip or break something that takes a while to heal.
Protective padding worn properly will only allow you to hurt your ego,
not your bones.

I actually still heal very quickly.

Not from a closed head injury. At least wear a helmet if not all the other gear Gunner
recommended.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 04:59:24 -0400, Wes
wrote:

Ignoramus4078 wrote:

Yes you can learn. And its fairly easy if you have good reactions and a
well tuned sense of balance. Move easy..not quickly until you get the
hang of it. If yo are naturally agile..you will catch on quickly. If you
arent..it will take a day or two.

I STRONGLY recommend a helmet, gloves, knee and elbow pads. Rollerblade
gear.

You are not 15 anymore and smashing your elbow/knee/skull on the asphalt
will crack, chip or break something that takes a while to heal.
Protective padding worn properly will only allow you to hurt your ego,
not your bones.

I actually still heal very quickly.

Not from a closed head injury. At least wear a helmet if not all the other gear Gunner
recommended.

Wes

I cant speak for where Iggy lives..but protective gear of adult size is
commonly available at just about any second hand store here in
California. One can dress out completely for less than $10.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Indeed.

I put on my gear and roller blades 6 months after my heart surgery.
Wrist protectors are manditory when learning.

We dont bend and twist as well as we did when we were 10.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner, 56, who can still boogie on a board, or rollerblade around town

?? I thought you served in Nam. You're too young.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-30, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ignoramus4078" wrote in message
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

I tried my son's, around 12 years ago (I was 50). I had been a tolerable
surfer in my youth, and I think I could still do it -- but the skateboard
would have killed me if I didn't give up after about an hour of trying.

It's harder than it looks. So is the pavement. g Talk to the oldest guy
in
a skateboard shop and see what kind of armor he recommends.

Blanket and pillows?

It's hard-shell knee and elbow guards, and a bicycle helmet. Prayer helps,
too. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 05:58:10 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Gunner, 56, who can still boogie on a board, or rollerblade around town

?? I thought you served in Nam. You're too young.

Karl

Think again. I went in when I was 17. The birth cert said I was 20.

Mom and Dad were big anti-war people. They wouldnt sign. So I took an
alternative route. I was 6' 3" and had been cutting pulp wood for a few
years as a side job..so I was big enough.

Shrug

I wanted OUT of the little town I graduated highschool from. And growing
up poor..there was no college on my horizon. Just small town jobs that
didnt pay the bills. And I wanted to get married. Beautiful little girl,
we loved each other very much. And I DIDNT want to be a pulp cutter!!!

So I pulled a name off a tombstone, got a birth cert..joined up. Thought
I was going to be a wireman...that got.."changed for the good of the
service".....

2 weeks before my DROS date..I got called in from the bush and the CO
and a chaplin were waiting for me

The lady I was going home to marry, had been killed by a drunk driver.

So I went home and buried her, instead of marrying her..and went back to
taking long walks in the woods and meeting interesting people..

Shug..by that time..the war was winding down, not a lot of people wanted
to go to Vietnam, least of all the second time. Reinlisted, was back in
country in less than 2 weeks. 9 days as I recall..

I think I had "viking funeral" beating on the walls in the back of my
skull. I wasnt wrapped all that tight..hummm...or maybe wrapped extra
tight..,..the second time around.
Went, saw, did My "actual" MOS was 11B-4..so they had need of my
skills and Id picked up speaking some gook from my 'hoi the first time
around, could eat nuc mam with the best of em. Did some interesting
Stuff for the guys with the Swedish Ks and the bush jackets the first
time I was there..the *******s...and they were more than happy to see me
the second time around. Put me right back to work. Got my 'hoi back too.

Shrug...just another warm body in the Green Machine. Got a ding in the
head 3 months after I was SUPPOSED to go home in 73..hell...after nearly
everyone else had already gone home,..my 'hoi dragged me 5 clicks to an
Arvin firebase, got a free helicopter someplace where they plugged up
the holes, got another free ride to Honsu Japan and some skull surgery
where they took out the metal and plugged the holes in my skull, then on
to Letterman, where I was finally able to walk and see again. Took
medical leave..grabbed a MARS flight and did a walkabout of Britian,
parts of Europe, Finland to see my Old Country relations, , the border
nations..parts of Russia..shrug...came home, became an outlaw
biker..bailed out in less than a month, ....out before I did something
stupid and criminal, went to Africa as a "security guard" for 6months
on a reference from a spook Id known..didnt care for that at ALL, came
home again... put on my birth persona and went to work in the oil fields
as a lovable harmless fuzzball ...the rest is history. Some good, some
bad. Became a cop, quit being a cop, did lots of Stuff since then. Old
history. Shrug.

I got out of Letterman at the age of 90 or so. Europe brought me down to
being a nice young man..shrug..and Ive gotten older naturally since
then. Well..there was Africa..but...I was mostly "Young"

Im going to celebrate my 90th..twice!!! WHEEE!!!

Gunner
Chie'n dich Phung Hoang
Sat Moi!!
Sua Sponte!
1971-1973

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

So you have a DD-214?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus4078 wrote:
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Well if you have good balance, coordination and pain tolerance than have
at it...

Size wise I would opt for a LARGE board, say surfboard sized. Then when
you fall you have a chance of landing on a padded surface...

--
Steve W.
(\___/)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-30, Artemus wrote:
"Ignoramus4078" wrote in message
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Sure you can do it. It'll probably take you much longer to learn than the kid.
And your bones break much easier than his and will take a lot longer to heal.

Well, I am 39, hopefully not yet in the brittle bone age.

Thought you said you were an ADULT ;-)

--
Steve W.
(\___/)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Think again. I went in when I was 17. The birth cert said I was 20.

damn. I never heard of anybody that WANTED to go in 1970.

Guy I knew landed in country 9 Feb. '68. Had his own body bag 16 Feb.
'68. Remember what was happening then? No more voluntary enlistments
in my part of the world after that.

Karl - drew #312 in the lottery - Townsend

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 29, 9:49*pm, Ignoramus4078
wrote:
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Don't know about skateboarding, but I am a pretty proficient ice
skater. I tried roller blading a few years back, and it scared the
crap out of me. Fall on ice and you slide. Fall on pavement and you
leave skin behind.

I would suggest, if you're going to go ahead with this, a helmet,
wrist elbow and knee pads (all available as a set from any skate
shop). And, by all means, be prepared to look silly. It's no where
near as easy as it looks - I know this from a few of the neighborhood
kids who are all excellent ice and roller skaters and have tried their
hand (or foot) at skate boarding. One of them has an interesting
device - a two-wheeled contraption called a wave board. It goes
amazingly fast and is very maneuverable, and it loooks easy enough to
build.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X70NitDFM4A

Good luck.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-30, Buerste wrote:

"Ignoramus4078" wrote in message
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Got superior health insurance?

It is relatively decent, yes.

Go for it! (knee pads, elbow pads and a helmet)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-30, Buerste wrote:

"Ignoramus4078" wrote in message
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Got superior health insurance?

It is relatively decent, yes.

Go for it! *(knee pads, elbow pads and a helmet)- Hide quoted text -

wrist guards and gloves, too.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 30, 9:53*am, Ignoramus24925 ignoramus24...@NOSPAM.
On 2010-08-30, Gunner Asch wrote:

So you have a DD-214?

Of course not. It was all secret noises in his head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

If you ever surfed or skied, yeah, it's a piece of cake.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

If you have good balance, yes, easily. Not that you'll be doing the
loops and wild **** kids can do nowadays, but you can board.

Boating and water skiing are much safer, though.

--
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy
simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

I have learned a few things from my many heart procedures and 8.5 hour heart
surgery. One of them is that some things are just not worth doing any more
because the risks outweigh the benefits. Anyone can learn to skateboard,
but that might just involve going down the sidewalk for a short distance.
To learn all the tricks and get really good at it, you need to practice, and
that means falling a lot. If you talk to any skateboarder about their
injuries, they will undoubtedly list several, but they are in a situation
where they are living with mommy and daddy, and aren't even paying their own
health insurance. So what if they have to take a couple of weeks off or a
couple of months off to recover. They don't have a job anyway.

I have hung up some of my equipment, the most recent, and the hardest to do
was my new K2 skis and Dalbello boots that had been skiied once.

So, yes, you can learn to skateboard, but with someone as active as you, I
think the downtime would drive you crazy, and if you could not lift or work
with an arm for three weeks or three months, you'd quickly arrive at the
most obvious answer.

It's not worth it. And besides. Yeah, the kids will think it's cool for
someone's Pops to be out there skateboarding, but you might as well to in
and put on the orange duck suit, because you are going to be odd man out.
They will tolerate you a little, but you'll never be "cool". Or is that
"kewl?" There has been attempts for older skateboard groups, but they could
never have enough members who were out of their casts at the same time to
have a meet.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I actually still heal very quickly.

Not from a closed head injury. At least wear a helmet if not all the
other gear Gunner
recommended.

Wes

I'm still not over my tbi from Oct. 2004.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

If you ever surfed or skied, yeah, it's a piece of cake.

I've done quite a bit of both, and I don't think it's a piece of cake.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

If you have good balance, yes, easily. Not that you'll be doing the
loops and wild **** kids can do nowadays, but you can board.

Boating and water skiing are much safer, though.

--
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy
simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
-- Storm Jameson

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-30, rangerssuck wrote:
[...]

I am not looking to performing any feats worthy of YouTube, etc. I
would say, nothing where all wheels are in the air simultaneously.
Just riding around and such. I would not try to look cool in front of
skateboard savvy kids, and I have generally been careful.

A skate board is a whole new way of balancing and it just needs to be
learned. (or maybe I cannot learn it, boo hoo)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"Ignoramus24925" wrote in message
On 2010-08-30, rangerssuck wrote:
[...]

There is no reason to ride a standard length skateboard if you don't want to
do ollies, etc.. For riding around, a nice bamboo longboard will get you
around in style.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-30, Gunner Asch wrote:

So I pulled a name off a tombstone, got a birth cert..joined up.

So you have a DD-214?

It would have the tombstone guy's name on it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Of course I do. However its not in my "actual" name. And its tucked
neatly in a footlocker sitting in a cabinet in my dads basement.

Was there any further questions you feel like asking?

And yes..Ive made inquiries to the VA about the situation. They have
been helpful.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 10:35:25 -0500, Karl Townsend

Think again. I went in when I was 17. The birth cert said I was 20.

damn. I never heard of anybody that WANTED to go in 1970.

71.

When you are young, poor, and live in a rural county and have little
choices about employment..one does what one does to try to change that.
I figured the GI Bill would cover my education and when I got out..I did
sign for wireman school, (telephone guy)....but things changed..and I
was all pride, nads and sure of myself....so didnt think things through
very well. Something Ive been guilty of more than once.

It was not one of my best decisions, but not one of the worst either.
On the other hand....it did change my life far far longer and farther
than I ever imagined it would. And certainly took it in some very
strange directions.

Guy I knew landed in country 9 Feb. '68. Had his own body bag 16 Feb.
'68. Remember what was happening then? No more voluntary enlistments
in my part of the world after that.

Karl - drew #312 in the lottery - Townsend

There but for the grace of God.....

older brother of a buddy of mine, about 68 or 69, got off the plane, got
on a bus, was blown up within 1/4 mile of the air base, was tucked right
back on that same plane and flown to Japan Total time in country..about
2 hours. He ultimately lost a leg. Shrug....some people have good luck,
some bad. Im still very much undecided as to what kind of luck Mike had.
He retired a couple years ago, after nearly 30 years selling insurance.
Did quite well for himself.

Shrug.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-30, Gunner Asch wrote:

So I pulled a name off a tombstone, got a birth cert..joined up.

So you have a DD-214?

It would have the tombstone guy's name on it.

It certainly did. The "guy" was born in 1950 and died in 1950, age 6
weeks.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-30, Gunner Asch wrote:

So I pulled a name off a tombstone, got a birth cert..joined up.
So you have a DD-214?

It would have the tombstone guy's name on it.

It certainly did. The "guy" was born in 1950 and died in 1950, age 6
weeks.

But, still, you have the actual form with that guy's name, right?