Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default OT can an adult learn skateboarding

On Aug 29, 7:21*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:49:48 -0500, Ignoramus4078

wrote:
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Yes you can learn. And its fairly easy if *you have good reactions and a
well tuned sense of balance. Move easy..not quickly until you get the
hang of it. If yo are naturally agile..you will catch on quickly. If you
arent..it will take a day or two.

I STRONGLY recommend a helmet, gloves, knee and elbow pads. *Rollerblade
gear.

You are not 15 anymore and smashing your elbow/knee/skull on the asphalt
will crack, chip or break something that takes a while to heal.
Protective padding worn properly will only allow you to hurt your ego,
not your bones.

Gunner, 56, who can still boogie on a board, or rollerblade around town

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
* * * * *(Hebrew quote)

I'd think rollerblade wrist protectors too.