Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper[_3_] Sunworshipper[_3_] is offline

Default OT can an adult learn skateboarding

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:49:48 -0500, Ignoramus4078
wrote:

I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

I'm sure one can. I use to ride skateboards and unicycles, even ones
with chains. I'm just under 50 and would ride the unicycle, but not
get on another skateboard. They are tricky, one slip of the mind and
you are on the ground. Last time that I rode one back in the 80's
something happened and I landed on my ass with a pair of channel locks
in my back pocket. I could hardly move and then almost go run over by
a car in the parking lot, people just don't seem to watch down low. On
a side note, this has always seemed strange to me cause when I drive I
watch the other vehicles tires cause it shows the most about other
drivers. Anyhow, after that event I have never touched another
skateboard.

I strongly recommend that you just watch and try try to instill in
your kid to never do the crazy stuff these other completely insane
yuts do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZDwMkRimc

SW